Start by marking “Warm Bread and Honey Cake” as Want to Read:
Warm Bread and Honey Cake

Warm Bread and Honey Cake

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Presents a collection of recipes for a variety of flatbreads, yeast breads, cakes, pastries, and savories.
Title: Warm Bread and Honey Cake
Author: Pagrach-Chandra, Gaitri/ Courtier, Vanessa (PHT)
Publisher: Interlink Pub Group Inc
Publication Date: 2009/10/01
Number of Pages: 319
Binding Type: HARDCOVER
Library of Congress: bl2010005164
Published August 24th 2009 by Interlink Pub Group (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Warm Bread and Honey Cake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warm Bread and Honey Cake

Megan Richardson
The cake on the front looked so good, but then it turned out to be pineapple cake. blech. I think I found 2 recipes in the entire book that I could see myself trying. The rest either sounded gross or way too difficult.
Janet
Many of these comforting recipes, which hail from Europe, the Middle East, Asia, the Caribbean and Latin America,are far too complicated for me to want to recreate at home, but it was fascinating to discover things like Azorean Spice Cake (a Guyanese-Portuguse Christmas specialty) or Jamaican Hard Dough Bread. The two recipes I might try are Turkish Griddle Patties and German Drunken Apple Cake. I really wanted to make the cake on the cover, Surinam Pineapple Tart, but there's no way I'm making ...more
Kara

Not your average cookbook! A fun mix of recipes for cakes and breads from many different countries. Gorgeous pictures, fantastic recipes for food you might not have heard of before, appetizing in appearance with recipes that do not intimidate.

Also, bonus points for explanations of equipment and ingredients in the first chapter.

Orea
I made the drunken apple cake and it was delicious, I think I liked it even more than apple pie! The recipes are very different than most baking books I have seen recently. The author is well traveled and it shows. I also like the fact that she writes a lot about why she likes something. The recipes are clear and easy to understand.
Keith Clark
Some good recipes, but not what I was looking for.
Claire
Claire added it
Jan 20, 2015
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Estrella
Estrella marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Kate
Kate added it
Jul 02, 2014
Raven
Raven marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Farah
Farah marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2013
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Niki
Niki marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2013
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Mo Tipton
Mo Tipton marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Sugar and Spice: Sweets and Treats from Around the World Het Nederlands bakboek Sugar & Spice Wrapped: Crepes, Wraps, and Rolls from Around the World Wrapped: Crepes, Wraps and Rolls You Can Make at Home