Start by marking “The Templar Cross (Templar, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Templar Cross (Templar, #2)

The Templar Cross (Templar #2)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  922 ratings  ·  60 reviews
From the USA Today Bestselling author of The Sword of the Templars and The Aztec Heresy

Some secrets are too great to bear...

Retired Army Ranger Lt. Col. John Holliday has reluctantly settled into his teaching position at West Point when young Israeli archaeologist Rafi Wanounou comes to him with desperate news.

Holliday's niece—and Rafi's fiancé—Peggy has been kidnapp
Published January 5th 2010 by Signet (first published November 9th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Templar Cross, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Templar Cross

Matt
Warning: I am extremely biased towards books that have history, the army, and treasure hunts! These books will almost always get 4 stars from me because they allow me to escape the middle east where I'm currently stationed and follow a fictional character on an Indiana Jones type adventure! Books like these are my addiction.

I found this one on a shelf in a restaurant on base. I am a sucker for anything having to do with historic fiction and action. Add the Templar's and anything that remotely r
Alissa
I have to be honest, I gave the first Templar book 5 stars because I absolutely loved it. This book was sorely lacking in historical content, and I don't know where the series is headed at this point. I will continue to read the series, but if the next book is more like this one than the first one. I probably won't read the rest.
Matt
Christopher continues his great Templar series with this installment that sees Holiday head out in search of his niece. While this is the underlying plot, the theme of the book is a new world travel thriller.

Christopher uses his characters and storyline to explore the vast edges of the world, all with the Templar thread woven through experiences and historical happenstance. I quite enjoyed learning all about the various parts of the world., bth those that pertain to the Templars and the German a
Pamela
“. . .part fear, part anticipation and part rising bloodlust. It always surprised him that he felt so comfortable with the desperate feeling deep in his gut, and every now and again he wondered if there was a pathological need for it with soldiers – junkies for battle and the dangerous game of jousting with death.”

Yes!!! As hoped for, Paul Christopher delivered . . . raising the bar in thrilling, captivating abundance!

“Faraj laughed, racing through the traffic, careening side to side like a wil
I hadn’t realised that this was book two in a series until I started reading it but I don’t think it would have made that much of a difference had I known. I usually love these kinds of books. I’m not a snob who turns her nose up at anything that even hints at a Dan Brown-esque plot but this book felt like it was merely going through the motions. There was nothing wrong with the writing, technically, there were no major errors or anything but there was no soul. It felt formulaic in the most cyni ...more
Michael Smith
The story began well with great anticipation but the ending left me feeling unsatisfied, if not bemused. I don’t particularly like ancient history stories, but I could have thoroughly enjoyed THE TEMPLAR CROSS had Paul Christopher given the reader the opportunity to live the ordeal Peggy went through in captive.

Even if the Kidnappers (Brotherhood of the Temple of Isis) took Peggy captive in a bid to get to Holliday, I still wanted to know how she handled herself being a kidnapped victim. What wa
Haitch
***written on my phone and though I'm not entirely sure what I've put contains "spoilers" just a heads up just in case as I can't see the spoiler button***

So I gave this book 2 stars for that fact it was a quick and easy read - something for the train etc when its harder to concentrate.

The book should have been called something completely different as there is absolutely no mention of a templar cross and when a cross is mentioned in the last 3 pages it still isn't called a templar cross specific
Lisa Lap
I think not reading the previous books in this series (which I didn't realize it was a series) is what first had me thinking I made a mistake in giving this book a try. There quite a few references to things that had happened before, and the more I read the more I realized the earlier books is where the real Templar mysteries unfolded. The references for the Dan Brown books kept me hopeful that this story would eventually draw me in to the intrigue and history, but unfortunately it didn't. At tw ...more
Michael Mclean
good action book,
I am a Freemason and Templer,
I like the fast pace, the book has a momentum and is easy to pick up when I need to put it down.
I read at work, and have to stop reading to do my job from time to time.
I started with this book, but I want to read the 1st in the series,(this is book 2)
worth the time to read...
Scott Nichols
As a sequel to The Templar Sword, this book is somewhat flat. While the first book in the series was more pulp fictionish, this one tries to take off running, but is just sort of slow and drags along even though gun chases and other action events ensue...they just are not written very in a way that made me want to savor any of it.

Rita McDowell
Outstanding!

Once again the best read that will grab your attention and keep up the heart-pounding pace to the last page! Excellent to say the least!
Shorewalker
If you like the "Temple of Tomb" kind of thing it is a fast paced read with lots of action with a few "facts" thrown in. But read it because I needed a break from some "heavy stuff". At any rate I found it a good read.
Kevin A
Tommy
Another good read from this author. However, I was a bit disappointed in the ending. It sort of ended very tamely instead of a big exciting conclusion. I think the author was setting up his next book with a teaser at the end. I also was a bit disappointed in that the title, "The Templer Cross" was a bit misleading. The majority of the story had nothing to do with the Templars. I wasn't until the last chapter that the title became significant. I will still continue to read his future books, espec ...more
Visithra
wasnt very taken with this book though i love this genre. had to force myself to finish it
Barry Reynolds
this book has well developed characters and paul christopher has a knack of drawing you into the story because of his very discriptive style of the characters involved and the places they go to. a lot of research has gone into this book and it shows on every page. this book is well worth reading.
Inrisrini
starts ok, but the flow is not that much tasty...or pull you to hold it till the end.
i just read b/w pages.
Nicko
Paul Christopher is an interesting author. Either he does not believe that his characters spew out almost on reflex or he is truly an anti-American, anti-Catholic, Dan Brown-hating individual.

The Templar Cross is an easy read but it falls short of a Good Story. While Holliday and Rafi spend nearly the entire book looking for the main character's cousin the actual "Templar Cross" is not revealed until the final couple of pages, only to be explored on his next book "The Templar Throne".

Good only t
Randal Martin
Meh. Not nearly as well written as the first book in the series. The plot was disjointed and very difficult to follow.

This series always amazes me with how many dead bodies the main character leaves behind, yet he is still free to fly back and forth between the US and Europe under his own name. He is then able to travel all over Europe without any hindrances. This rates pretty low on the believability scale
Jen
a very easy read. the historical fiction is again, used to suck in military/history lovers. other than that, this could easily be a romance novel. the plot devices are so gimmicky as to leave the reader wondering - is christopher serious? are they *really* riding out of town on the orient express, with murders occuring on the train? disappointing. good historical adventure writing is hard to find. this was not it.
Melissa
For the second book in a series of Six it wasn't too bad. The including of Imhotep peaked my interest but the lack of Templars upset me. I ruined it for myself but reading Book 4 out of order so I knew which characters were going to survive. But with all that being said I still enjoyed the book. It took me a bit longer to read than the first but I had traveled and done other things and not read it non-stop.
Karen Azinger
I bought the first two books of this saga at the same time, otherwise I would not have read the second. Since I bought it, I read it, and it was worse from the first. I found the ending particularly offensive since it is a direct lift from Ian Fleming's "From Russia with Love". Shame on the author, the editor, and the publisher for such a blatant steal.
Chichi
This book would have been ok without the 'Templar cross' title. I had the feeling that there was a book before this one Because I really didn't connect with the characters. I enjoyed it towards the end. Maybe I'll look for the first book with the characters and read from there.
Pia
I just couldn't get into this book. I used to love the theme of templars, but somehow I couldn't get past the first 50 pages. I'll try again, but for now I'll just stop here. Perhaps it would be easier if I had known this is the second book. I had no idea. :(
Anita
Now, compared to Book 1: 'The Sword Of The Templars' (which I reviewed as something I could not get into), this is a good read. Brilliant thrust-and-parry strategies in the plot and which keeps the reader engaged and quick on the page-turn.
Becky
After reading The Templar Sword, I was looking forward to reading this one. I was pretty disappointed in it. The story moved very slow and didn't really connect. This book was very different than the other. one. It was still an okay read though.
Stephen
I've liked this series since it came out. This book deals with a new Templar treasure, Peggy going missing, and now she apparently has a fiancee. Is it standard Templar chase story fiction? Yes. Is it a fun read? Definitely.
Jo
More adventure with 'Doc' Holliday and his niece Peggy. This time they're on the trail of missing Nazi gold and once again running from the corrupt Catholic church. Decent fun although not as good as the first one.
Matt Simpson
Apparently all terrorists originate in Canada! Well, at least those that associate with the Vatican "secret CIA"... So misleading and ill-researched I barely got through it, despite there only being ~200 pages.
Derek Durant

Neither one thing nor another. Very ordinary. Heavy going. It wasn't quite essential to have read the first book in the series but it may have been sensible. I shan't bother to read episode three.
  • The Messiah Secret (Chris Bronson, #3)
  • Sword Of God (Jonathon Payne & David Jones, #3)
  • The Lost Tomb (Jack Howard, #3)
  • The Dakota Cipher (Ethan Gage, #3)
  • The Genesis Plague
  • The Babylonian Codex
  • The Pegasus Secret
  • The Lost Temple
  • The Exodus Quest (Daniel Knox, #2)
  • On the Fifth Day
  • The Atlantis Code (Thomas Lourds, #1)
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • The Hidden Oasis
  • The Devil's Gold (Cotton Malone, #6.5)
Paul Christopher is a pseudonym used by the author Christopher Hyde.

More about Paul Christopher...

Templar (9 books)
  • The Sword Of The Templars (Templar, #1)
  • The Templar Throne (Templar, #3)
  • The Templar Conspiracy (Templar, #4)
  • The Templar Legion (Templar, #5)
  • Red Templar (Templar, #6)
  • Valley Of The Templars (Templar, #7)
  • Lost City of the Templars (Templar, #8)
  • Secret of the Templars (Templar, #9)
The Sword Of The Templars (Templar, #1) Michelangelo's Notebook (Finn Ryan, #1) The Templar Throne (Templar, #3) The Lucifer Gospel (Finn Ryan, #2) The Templar Conspiracy (Templar, #4)