Start by marking “The Falcon's Bride” as Want to Read:
The Falcon's Bride

The Falcon's Bride

At twenty-one, after two Seasons with no takers, Theodosia Barrington should have been grateful to snare Nigel Cosgrove. The earl-to-be was a blue-eyed Adonis, a true catch. And yet, upon her arrival at Cashel Cosgrove, Thea found herself more intrigued by the Irish castle's legend, the tragic warrior Ros Drumcondra, than by her intended. "The Black Falcon" Drumcondra was

Mass Market Paperback, Love Spell: Timeswept #50, 326 pages
Published August 29th 2006 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about The Falcon's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Falcon's Bride

Kathrynn
I'm sorry to say, this was the worst time-travel book I have ever read. Ugh! The characters kept going back and forth in time and if that wasn't annoying enough the book was not written very well with poor character development and horribly edited (if at all).

Big thumbs down from This Reader.
Kirstin
Dec 22, 2011 Kirstin rated it did not like it
Bar none the worst romance/time travel novels I have ever read.

To be fair I don't even expect much from these types of books because they are so outlandish you can't expect much.

The number of times the characters jump back forth in time is absolutely asinine. It's confusing, irritating and nonsensical. The writing was so poor I literally had to trudge through it.

Spoilers below

In the beginning an old gypsy woman comes into the story and Thea (referred to simply as the heroine from here on out) d
Sherry Bledsoe
Jan 11, 2017 Sherry Bledsoe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite good time travel

Quite good time travel or was it gypsy and Celtic magic. Either way, it was a good romance novel set in the 1600s, 1700s and 1800s. My only problem was that it did not download properly and I had trouble changing pages or skipping forward or backwards to reread segments.
Carol
Feb 16, 2017 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New Author for Me

This is the first of Dawn Thompson's books I've but it won't be the last. There's action, intrigue,and romance. Something for everyone.
Jess Schira
Dec 16, 2012 Jess Schira rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-challenge
I'll admit it, I purchased this book because, while looking for another book by Thompson, I fell in love with the cover. It's so pretty and mysterious.

It took about four chapters before I found the rhythm of this novel, once I did, I had a difficult time putting it down.

I was really surprised when this book became a time travel. Had I known that before hand I would have hesitated before making the purchase simply because so many time travels just don't work. I'm pleased to report that this wasn'
Kate
Sep 18, 2013 Kate rated it did not like it
I only bought this book as it was part of Kindle "Deal of the day" on Amazon (UK). I was attracted to the cover (its dark, mysterious look...) and I thought the summary was intriguing. Big mistake, which thankfully only did cost me £0.99. The font on Kindle was horrendous and the typo was nearly as bad. What to say about the story and its characters? The story seemed to be dragging on and on and I found the characters very difficult to like, let alone sympathize with their struggles. They were s ...more
Brandy
Jun 10, 2012 Brandy rated it liked it
**Warning - may contain spoilers**
I began to enjoy the book once I just "accepted" that the two heroes were deeply in love. I hated not having any build up to the relationship. I thought that the Ros Drumcondra's character was very POORLY developed. I never felt like the reader ever got the chance to get to really know this man. My biggest complaint is that I still have no idea exactly when or WHY the two characters fell in love. For heaven's sake...I didn't even like the male lead, yet the heri
Courtney
I enjoyed "The Bride of Time" by Dawn Thompson so I downloaded a few of her other books. This one was quite rough around the edges and required quite a bit of trust from the reader. You have to simply accept that the hero & heroine are quite in love, even though you don't get any build up or seduction in their relationship - just accept that it is there and intense. You don't get any background or explanation for the relationship between the hero and the falcon - just accept that the bird is ...more
Paranormal Romance
A woman- betrothed to a cold mean man finds herself thrust back in time and into the arms of his ancestors greatest enemy. The male lives for vengeance and holds the woman hostage in order to win back his stolen castle. Stockholm syndrome sets in quickly as the woman finds herself attracted to her kidnapper. It felt a little odd seeing as how the male was not the plucky romantic hero in the beginning-in fact it was almost to the end before you believed he loved her-not just lusted for her. The h ...more
amandra
I didn't love or hate it

It took me awhile to get into and when I did it was the romance and the vengeance on the cosgroves that made the end worth while to me the time travelling got a bit hard to follow because it was jumpy and I lost some points with me I don't think the story was overall bad but I would have liked more clarification on somethings definitely a step down from the Blood Moon series.

2.5
Rini
Sep 28, 2015 Rini rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Showing its Age

While I am all for crazy time travel tropes, this one was just hard to enjoy. Not only does she violently love him after all of three days, he's got the pesky Manpain disease going for him. Add in some GYPSY MAGIC tropes, and you have a recipe for 3.5 hours of your life you will never get back.
Michele
Aug 23, 2014 Michele rated it liked it
Leeanne Grant
Jan 23, 2008 Leeanne Grant rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: time-travel romance readers
One of the Best Time-Travels I have ever read. Thompson upped the bar with each book she wrote. I cannot believe how each book is better than the last, when she started so strong. This time its a time travel. Absorbing, compelling, she bridges the strength of old style romances with a freshness that sets her apart.

A beautiful writer, a beautiful storyteller.
walter hawkins
Aug 07, 2014 walter hawkins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Good book

I enjoyed this book very much. I not a huge fan of love stories, but this one has every thing!! Suspense, mystery, and try love. very good read
shannon  Stubbs
Aug 24, 2016 shannon Stubbs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad

It was one of those time traveling stories. Where Thea and Ros meet ,in time, to fall in love. Through out the story both characters travel between different times to conquer their foe, Cosgrove. It was confusing at times. Otherwise it was a pretty good story.
Mildred Fontanez
Apr 24, 2016 Mildred Fontanez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good time-travel romance!

For those who like light fare to relax by - this time-travel romance fits the bill. I've always enjoyed English historical romances. Add to that the travel through time element makes for an enjoyable read.
Anna Smith
Jan 28, 2015 Anna Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book

Very interesting book and would recommend it to anyone that likes to read about being able to travel through portals and likes gypsies
Nancy Konsitzke
Feb 11, 2016 Nancy Konsitzke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

I really enjoyed this book very much, I recommend to all adults to read, I enjoy this authors books very much
Mar 20, 2008 Sarah rated it it was ok
Thea discovers her Prince Charming isn't very charming at all. In fact, he's quite dangerous. All's well that ends well though, because a Prince of a different kind is ready to rescue Thea.
Alyssa Vanderlinde
Disappointment

I've read many,many books and never have I been so disappointed in a book!!! ESPECIALLY the ending! I won't read any more by this author!
SueDella
Aug 10, 2009 SueDella rated it it was ok
This was a trashy romance book...I was looking for a period love story. Guess that's what you get for following the library suggestion list!
TRACY CLIMER
Sep 25, 2016 TRACY CLIMER rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed

Well written. Lots of time travel. A different twist and a good story. I like writing style. Looking forward to reading more of her books.
Patricia Aguirre Kirk
Patricia Aguirre Kirk rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Cherry
Cherry rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2012
Robin Proffitt
Robin Proffitt rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2016
V.J. Naylor
V.J. Naylor rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2008
Susan Trackwell
Susan Trackwell rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2015
Kimberley
Kimberley rated it did not like it
Oct 11, 2016
F. Grant
F. Grant rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2008
Virginia Pegues
Virginia Pegues rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2017
  • The Privateer
  • Riding the Thunder (The Sisters of Colford Hall, #2)
  • Sexy Beast IV (Sexy Beast #4)
  • The Cobra & the Concubine (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #3)
  • Secret Fantasy
  • Her One Desire
  • Forbidden
  • The Trelayne Inheritance
  • Insufficient Mating Material (God Princes of Tigron, #2)
  • Castle of the Wolf
  • Lady Killer/Secret Admirer
  • The Untamed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2)
  • Old Enough to Know Better
  • Heat of the Night
  • Camelot's Destiny
  • Hundreds of Years to Reform a Rake
  • The Phantom of the Bathtub
Dawn Thompson was a regular columnist featured in women’s special interest publications world and nationwide for over thirty years, one of which CROCHET WORLD, published by House of White Birches, since its inception over twenty-five years ago. She was an award-winning poet, artist, and needlework designer and illustrator, specializing in vintage concepts for today’s woman.

Dawn wrote historical f
More about Dawn Thompson...