Start by marking “Roan's Fall (Roxie's Protectors, #1)” as Want to Read:
Roan's Fall (Roxie's Protectors, #1)

Roan's Fall (Roxie's Protectors #1)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,278 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
As a hair stylist, Ansley has seen and cut a lot of people's hair, but when Roxie shows up for her appointment with a very large, gorgeous man, Anlsey can't take her eyes off him. Nor can she stop her body's reaction to Roan when Roxie asks her to cut his hair as well. But things seem to go steadily downhill when Ansley's curse, her ability to say the first thing that come ...more
Published October 19th 2009 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about Roan's Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roan's Fall

Moon Called by Patricia BriggsMagic Bites by Ilona AndrewsHunting Ground by Patricia BriggsImmortal Prey by Diana BallewShapeshifter by J.F. Gonzalez
Werewolf
34th out of 65 books — 34 voters
Slave to Sensation by Nalini SinghFate Knows Best by Alanea AlderCry Wolf by Patricia BriggsBear Necessities by Dana Marie BellThe Wallflower by Dana Marie Bell
Best True Mates books
52nd out of 73 books — 53 voters

More lists with this book...

Cocktails and Books
Aug 11, 2013 Cocktails and Books rated it liked it
This is a quick little read. Roan is a very sexy six-foot-nine wall of werewolf. When he encounters his mortal mate, he is completely engulfed in the mating thrall and has to have her, NOW! Since Ansley is not a werewolf, he is unsure how to proceed in wooing his tiny mate. After a failed attempt at dating, and complete brush off by Ansley, he shows up at Ansley’s work, throws her over his shoulder and all but beats his chest on the way out as the mating dance begins.

I enjoyed this book, but I f
Delta
May 08, 2013 Delta rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of steamy wolf-shifter romance
Recommended to Delta by: Goodreads
Shelves: wolf-shifters, steamy
Roan's Fall is a very light, very short novella that you may enjoy if you like steamy wolf-shifter romance. Personally, I am getting a little tired of the check-your-brains-at-the-door, not-so-well-written stories like this that are quickly cranked out to turn a buck.

If you are looking for better wolf-shifter lit, I recommend Teri Spear's Heart of the Wolf series, beginning with book 1, Heart of the Wolf.

Another good wolf-shifter series is Law of the Lycans by Nicky Charles. Books in this serie
Emily
Roxie wants to get her hair styled, but needing to take one of her protectors with her, she has Roan accompany her. Werewolf and Roan can't stand the smell that surrounds the place. When Roan finds himself in the chair awaiting a trim, he knows the minute he gets close to Ansley that she is his mate.

Despite his gruff and growling behavior, Ansley can't stop staring at Roan, nor put her foot in her mouth when it comes to talking to him. Ansley is confused by her reaction, but even more confused
Dora González
May 27, 2014 Dora González rated it really liked it
I previously reviewed an older title from this author, Icy Temptations, and it was a delight to discover Roan’s Fall far surpassed her older work. Though part of a series, this story ties in to another series and is best read in order, this helps clear up some of the confusion that took place while reading Roan’s Fall. There are quite a handful of characters that I found myself struggling to keep up with.

But other than that, this title made me laugh, gasp, and giggle like the erotic fan girl tha
Theresa
Nov 14, 2015 Theresa rated it liked it
This series is just light fluffy stories without much real danger or even plot. Werewolf finds mate, mates with her before telling her he’s a werewolf. Girl acts surprised until they have sex, then she calmly accepts. There’s a brief moment of danger and she decides right away to become a wolf. The end.

I did feel a connection between these two, though they both were nitwits.

Roxy has the best part of all. And the other ‘brothers are idiots. How then can be ‘trained protector’s’ and have the s
Starry
Katya
Jul 15, 2012 Katya rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters
Bernadett Vidra
Dec 01, 2013 Bernadett Vidra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
Your panties won't stay dry! This book has a guarantee of this. It can contains spoilers!

But let's start at the beginning. Roan is a werewolf, one of Roxie's, the foretold one's protectors. He goes to a hair salon during his duty to protect Roxie, where he finds his mate the instant he smells Roxie,s hairdresser's scent. The problem is, she's human.

Ansley work as a haridresser in a little salon when Roxie, her old client comes with a gorgeous man following her. The man is tall, and extremely hot
Gabriela
May 06, 2012 Gabriela rated it did not like it
This book was recommended to me because I was participating in a name challenge and I couldn't find any books that I wanted to read that started with the letter R. Long story short, I read it but was a little embarrassed having to admit I read it not to mention I didn't really care for the book too much. It was a fast read with a lot of sex in it, it reminded me very much of a diluted Black Dagger Brotherhood book only with werewolves and without a whole lot of explanation about the pack. I unde ...more
Rhapsody
Dec 09, 2015 Rhapsody rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
It started out okay. It's a very standard plotline, but I was still into it. Roan, a gorgeous werewolf who serves as a bodyguard for Roxie (some prophecied person), meets his intended mate when he accompanies Roxie to the hair salon. Ansley is a hairdresser and is immediately attracted to Roan. From there, it's the usual--lots of over-the-top sexual attraction and graphic sex scenes that lack dialogue. I was disappointed. I've read way worse, but it wasn't very interesting and neither Roan nor A ...more
Kelly
Honestly, I'm kinda iffy on these books. Of the two I've read, I haven't been able to get behind how quickly things happen and how accommodating the humans are at suddenly being tied to a supernatural. Generally speaking, I dig love at first sight/fated mates type books but... I'm just not feeling this one. Roan's brothers/brothers in arms were the most entertaining part of this book, in my opinion, and they weren't quite enough to carry it for me.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Roan's Fall was a
Taya M
H....O....T... HOT!!!!!!! sexy and short this set of words was all about the fun semigly carefree but forever lasting sexyness... lolzies...

kay... their are a bunch of male brothers carying swords but you only get to really meet two of them, one that is a pain in the tush and the other that is the male lead.

This is a sweet forever story about a werewolf that finds his mate after walking into a common hair salon and then proceeds to claim her forever (without her permission of course)

the male lea
Dina
Aug 02, 2015 Dina rated it liked it
not the greatest book I've read about werewolfes but hey it was readable!
Crystal
Oct 25, 2013 Crystal rated it really liked it
I read all of the Wulf Den books and decided to try the Roxie's Protectors series and I have to say that I love them.

Roan didn't want to go to the beauty salon with Roxie but he went for her protection. Having to be around all the girly stuff and the strong smells was going to make him sick. That is until he gets a smell of Ansley's scent. She is his mate and he has to find a way to tell her.

As we all know it seems that all the males can't wait to tell their women before they mate them. Makes fo
Tamara Rebeka
Mar 09, 2014 Tamara Rebeka rated it really liked it
Too short for my taste. I would have loved to read more.
Megan
Feb 28, 2014 Megan rated it liked it
Shelves: epubs
Jo
Jan 18, 2014 Jo rated it it was amazing
easy quick read, just the right amount of heat with sas. Love me some Roan 6'9 damn!! Can I climb him please??
Ellen
Oct 12, 2011 Ellen rated it it was ok
It was ok. It started off pretty good then it went down from there. I would say 3/4 of the book was nothing but sex(I skipped through most of it) it would of been nice if it had more of Roan and Ansley developing a relationship.
It seem like Ansley excepted Roan being a werewolf way to fast. Also it kinda ended abruptly, I was reading then it was the the end. I will try the next one and hope it's better.
Mari-Ann
Aug 29, 2012 Mari-Ann rated it did not like it
Shelves: down-the-drain
This is about Roan and Ansley. He is a werewolf and she is a human or immortal as humans are called. It is about how they meet and how Roan has a hard time telling Ansley that he is "different".

This story consists plenty of sex scenes, poor world building, uninteresting characters and unsophisticating writing.

Thank God this is a short story.
Jess
Mar 16, 2013 Jess rated it it was ok
"2.5 out of 5 stars. A guy finds his mate but is unsure of how to tell her that he's a werewolf."

Read more of this review and a teaser here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2013/03/disappointmentville-roxies-protectors.html
Abby
Mar 07, 2012 Abby rated it really liked it
Just gonna do a quick review as it's late and I'm dead tired...

This was an alright book for an intro to the series... It's an extension of the Wulf's Den series with the same characters... Pretty quick read... Read it in about an hour uninterrupted... Probably will read the rest of them...
Anoolka
As a PWP it might work, but it has ambitions to be more. And in that it fails for me, since the characters did nothing for me - and there were way too many side characters (apparently from another series) for such a short story. The worldbuilding, the characterization, the almost plot - all meh.
Missyb
Nov 11, 2013 Missyb rated it liked it
This one is about Ansley & Roan. This is the first in this series but basically is just a continuation from the Wulf Den books, just with the focus being on Roxie's protector's. Not much action, and barely an issue with Miles.
Tasha
Feb 28, 2013 Tasha rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic series to read i fell in to this book and never wanted to come out so i kept reading until there was nothing left to read and then went on to the next book in the wonderful Roxie's Protectors series
Sasha 1011
Mar 21, 2013 Sasha 1011 rated it it was ok
umm it was okish...... i expected more. it was way too predictable....too much like the others. there was no added excitement to spark my interest
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Apr 20, 2011 Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 18 and over; strong sexual content
Meh... the Wulf's Den series was better. I will read one more book in the Roxie's Protector series to see if the books get any better.
Kimchi
Oct 01, 2012 Kimchi rated it it was ok
There was not much to this book, Lots of relations with hardly any plot. Consisted of a beauty salon and atheir house not rally much else.
Ailin Borquez
Dec 19, 2014 Ailin Borquez rated it it was amazing
Very good start for a great series, finished it so fast I had to go back and read it again.
LiLiana P.
Jun 11, 2015 LiLiana P. rated it it was amazing
Just what i like..love story between werewolf and human !! HOT and Romantic :p !!
  • Alpha Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #5)
  • Pack Rogue (Were Chronicles, #4)
  • Mating Claire (Sea Island Wolves, #1)
  • Kiss and Kin (Werewolves in Love, #1)
  • Lycan It (Lycan, #3)
  • Cat Of A Different Color (Halle Pumas, #3)
  • Arctic Winds (Alpine Woods Shifters, #1)
  • Candid Camera (Were Watching, #1)
  • Ascension (Cherchez Pack, #1)
  • To Trust a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #1)
  • Dragon's Blood (Cruentus Dragons, #1)
  • Shifters' Captive (Magical Ménages, #1)
  • Were She Belongs (Were Trilogy, #1)
Marisa Chenery was always a lover of books, but after reading her first historical romance novel she found herself hooked. Having inherited a love for the written word, she soon started writing her own novels.

After trying her hand at writing historicals, she now writes paranormals.

Marisa lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and four children. She would love to hear from you, so drop her an em
More about Marisa Chenery...

Roxie's Protectors (7 books)
  • Jager's Mate (Roxie's Protectors, #2)
  • Leif's Surrender (Roxie's Protecters, #3)
  • Skylar's Devotion (Roxie's Protecters, #4)
  • Kye's Heart (Roxie's Protecters, #5)
  • Dirk's Love (Roxie's Protectors, #6)
  • Miles's Redemption (Roxie's Protectors, #7)