Start by marking “Damn Nation” as Want to Read:
Damn Nation

Damn Nation

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A vampire plague has spread from sea to shining sea, and when a small holdout of scientists trapped outside of Buffalo, N Y discover a cure, it's up to a Special Ops team from the President's offices in London to go in and get it. Yet, not everyone in the world wants to see America back in the saddle again.
Published October 18th 2005 by Dark Horse Comics (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Damn Nation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damn Nation

Sydney Squidney

This is one of my favourite Dark Horse gems that at some point had been in development to be adapted into film, but despite having begun scripting, budgeting and casting as far back as 2009, as far as I know this production is still in doubt.

But what prompted MTV Films to buy the feature rights to and what incited Paramount Pictures to supposedly be invested in distributing that feature to begin with is the frightening and bleak tale of a vicious vampire-like plague in a post-apocalyptic U.S. an
Artur Coelho
Devastados por uma praga de vampiros, os estados unidos estão em isolamento profiláctico do resto do mundo. Rumores de uma cura levam uma equipa de operações especiais que mistura agentes ingleses e soldados americanos no exílio a penetrar no território isolado numa missão de salvamento. Mas há agendas secretas num mundo em que os Estados Unidos estão neutralizados e as antigas potências europeias recuperaram o seu lugar de poder no planeta. E hordes de vampiros a percorrer as américas. Vagament ...more
Sam
I actually rather enjoyed this story as it went past the usual post-apocalypse events and showed a bit of how the rest of the world would respond to such events and how a change in political power and political greed can come into play. The illustrations are suitably dark and foreboding and add a sense of anticipation and dread to the story and the finale is superb, leaving the reading hanging as to what is to come as all is not as straight forward as it seems.
Hank
Uh, I guess zombies could be naked. But when they're not, how come their shoes come off well before the rest of their clothes tatter away? Aren't shoes usually more durable and well secured to your body?
Brent
Decent Zombie novel. Simple and an easy read. At its current length it almost feels a bit cookie cutterish, if it was longer, more character development could have made it stand out more.
Martin St-laurent
This one went a bit fast and there was not a lot of development around the characters, but it was entertaining and this fast-paced story ad the merit of keeping me turning the pages!
Lori
Oct 28, 2008 Lori rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Horror fans
Recommended to Lori by: Entertainment Weekly
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm hoping this isn't a stand alone. I like the premise of the walking dead and would like to see this series expand like that.
M
Sep 16, 2009 M rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
A good story and beautiful art, but having only 3 issues it falls short from being anything amazing. A pity.
Kate
Very creepy, beautiful art. I find myself wanting more story ... more more more.
Jason
not too bad. but really just a novella. very short
Liv Kristine
Liv Kristine marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Redan
Redan marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014