The Rules of Silence

The Rules of Silence

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Titus Cain, a highly successful businessman with a rock-solid marriage and a loving circle of friends, is being kidnapped.
Published November 16th 2008 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Rules of Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rules of Silence

John Brechin
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. As usual in a David Lindsey book it keeps you engrossed. I don't understand why he has never had the success of authors like Harlan Cobben; his thrillers are just as good, if not better.
Ralph McEwen
An interesting fast paced plot with disturbing implications. The characters seemed real and their interactions came across as genuine. A satisfiying ending that was neither too blunt or too drawn out.
Charlene Gordon
Very good book. Read this in 2004.
Geralyn
i mentioned i read this author years ago, this book was much better than animosity. i may re-read mercy and a cold something or other. he has a talent with adjectives. the first ones i read years ago actually made me feel like i was in houston, even though i'd only been to the airport. again, he's an adjective pro. and i don't normally read mystery/intrigue. but i very much enjoyed this book and will see if he has more after this publis date of 2003.
Diane
The is a suspenseful, can't put down read. I have read other David Lindsey books, all of which are well written and surprising, this one is by back the most intriguing. I highly recommend to anyone that likes twists and turns in the suspense novels they read.
Susan Sevcik
New twist for me on international intrigue. And kidnapping - Titus was not kinapped in the obvious way, but held for a huge ransom. He then went against all advice and hired an "underground agency" to help him.
Carrie
Loved that it was set in Austin. Totally believable that this type of thing could happen. Didn't like the wife. She is late to the party but still wants to run the show.
Jim
I wasn't sure I would finish this book after 50 pages. After that, I could not put it down. Great read.
Bev Canuel
totally awsum, couldn't put it down, kidnapping with a crazy twist, murder and mayhem plus!
Susan
Mar 31, 2008 Susan rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Susan by: Robert
a great 'plane read', catches you from the very beginning and keeps it going till the end.
Dara S.
This was not my favorite book by David Lindsey, but definitely a thriller.
Jeff Dickison
Invigorating, exciting, fast-paced, totally unbelievable.
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Bobbie
Bobbie added it
Aug 02, 2014
Wana Amai
Wana Amai marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Andreea Radu
Andreea Radu marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Lindsey spent his childhood in the Texas Rio Grande Valley and in West Texas, near San Angelo. He graduated from North Texas State University with a degree in English literature and moved to Austin, Texas in 1970, where he has lived ever since.

During the 1970s, Lindsey worked as a book editor at a number of small publishing houses in Austin. At one point he operated his own publishing firm, Heidel...more
More about David L. Lindsey...
Mercy An Absence Of Light A Cold Mind (Stuart Haydon, #1) Requiem For a Glass Heart The Color of Night