The Littles and the Trash Tinies

The Littles and the Trash Tinies (The Littles)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  249 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Tom, Lucy, and Mr. Little must get to Trash City to deliver a message to their friends, the Trash Tinies. But there is a terrible storm.
Published January 1st 1977 by Turtleback Books

HeavyReader
Jan 06, 2009 HeavyReader rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: folks who like to use other people's junk to make cool stuff
This is the title from the Littles series that I remember best.

First of all, the idea that little tiny people live in the walls of the houses of big people and take tiny things from the big people to use in their own lives is super cool! To think that some of the tiny people live in the dump and get to use all the still good casts-off from big people--well, that's just AWESOME!

I've always been into stories about people who use items thrown away as junk by others to live their lives and make cool...more
Twyla
Travis
The Littles will never be more than a watered down version of the Borrowers. Not a bad book, but I can't stop mentally comparing it to the Borrowers and the Littles always come in second place.

Decent for kids just getting into chapter books and introduces them to a neat little world to spark their imaginations.
Once that happens, get the kid a Borrowers book.

Charles
One of the later books in the series and not as good as some of the earlier ones. You have to remember, though, that I read these to my son when he was young, and as an adult I might not have gotten so involved in them as a young child would. All these books have a certain charm to them, though.
Sloane
Feb 05, 2011 Sloane rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone in the Whole Entire Earth
Recommended to Sloane by: Daddy
I gave this book four stars because it is interesting. The trash tinies made so much just out of trash. I wish I was small and I lived in Trash City.
Dana

Ah, childhood favourite found on the shelves at my folks' house. Still good almost 30 years later :-)
Grant
I like all the neat things that they made with the trash that people threw away.
Sydnee
This is another fun series that Parker and Ellee and I have loved reading together.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
It is about little people who meet other little people called the Trash Tinies. CVS
Katie
I loved these when I was in first grade; I would read them over and over.
Carolyn
Another interesting editionof the Littles. Ingenious, that author is!
Dana
This is a great series to read out loud to your 4/5 year old.
Leia-Catherine
It is cool how they chase a mouse and then find.........
Luci
Doesn't hold up well--not at all surprising.
Crm
Crm marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Carlee
Carlee is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Jess
Jess added it
Jul 05, 2014
Kassidy
Kassidy marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Abby Sherlock
Abby Sherlock marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
  • Horrible Harry's Secret
  • Circus Pony (Pony Pals, #11)
  • In Aunt Lucy's Kitchen (Cobble Street Cousins, # 1)
  • Molly Takes Flight (American Girls Short Stories)
  • The Chariot of Queen Zara (The Secrets of Droon, #27)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • Muttley (The Puppy Place, #20)
  • The Chocolate Fudge Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #14)
  • Puppy in a Puddle (Animal Ark, #28)
  • Two Times the Fun
  • With You All the Way
  • The Ninth Nugget (A to Z Mysteries, #14)
The Littles The Littles Have A Wedding The Littles Go Exploring The Littles To The Rescue The Littles Go To School