Start by marking “Mom, Jason's Breathing on Me!: The Solution to Sibling Bickering” as Want to Read:
Mom, Jason's Breathing on Me!: The Solution to Sibling Bickering

Mom, Jason's Breathing on Me!: The Solution to Sibling Bickering

"
"AT LAST-SOUND, PRACTICAL RELIEF
FOR PARENTS WITH BATTLING KIDS
Imagine. You might never again have to hear the words: "Mommy, Ann drooled on me on purpose." You could have the answer for every "It's not fair " your kids have ever whined at you. Constant sibling squabbling-and the ensuing demand that you pick a side, "quick"-can wear parents down and totally drain the fun
Published December 10th 2008 by Ballantine Books (first published August 26th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Mom, Jason's Breathing on Me!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mom, Jason's Breathing on Me!

Amie
Mar 02, 2009 Amie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is seriously one of the best parenting books I've read so far. The advice makes sense, it works, and most importantly, he lays it out in the first chapter so you can start trying it out. I cannot stand these parenting books that have hundreds of pages of theory to get through before "the good part" aka what will actually help. We turn to these books in times of need, we need quick help!

Anyway, I also love that Wolf assumes you're doing a good job already. The tone of the book is very r
Samantha Penrose
Jan 29, 2012 Samantha Penrose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents of more than one child
Shelves: parenting
This book had some really great advice!
The key point in this book is to remain neutral as often as humanly possible when it comes to bickering amongst your children. We all know this, but it can be very difficult not to get into the middle of such things; especially when the kids are trying to drag you in to it. This book offers excellent advice on how to ignore, when to intervene, and the good that will come of this practice.
Like most parenting books, it gets a little repetitive. The book coul
Cori
Sep 15, 2010 Cori rated it did not like it
ok, here's the scoop. This book was SO helpful, (no, that is NOT a sarcastic statement, though you would think so given the rating) the author gives three steps for minimizing sibling bickering (cause eliminating would be just tooooo good to be true right?) and the great thing is - it totally works. It's simple and straight forward and EASY. Sooooooooo why the 1 star when the book is so good? This author has a complete and total unnecessary potty mouth. No, you don't understand. In his example f ...more
PhilorChelsy
1- Don't Take Sides
Separation-take them apart until they are calm. fair doesn't matter now, just do it fast.
IF there is threat of Harm- Immediately interviene and talk to offender: We DO NOT. That Harms we NEVER harm. (physical or emotional)
2- Act FAST (or Not at All) the second is starts to bother YOU (interupt you, distract you, etc)
The benefits of Bickering
3- Don't Listen in the heat of the moment (Would you like a hug? That must be frustrating. That sounds like a problem. I don't know what t
Julie
Jun 12, 2009 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been thinking lately that maybe now that I've been a mother for 8 years I should try actually reading some parenting books. This topic has been a huge irritation to me lately, so the title drew my attention right away. I was afraid it would be boring to sit and read this book, but it was really funny and easy to read and I could tell this guy had spent a lot of time around parents and kids. I don't expect any miracles, but I do think his suggestions were very helpful and it is always good t ...more
Kristin
May 13, 2009 Kristin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
Below is my review from the first time I read this ... and yes, reading it again - apparently I needed a fresher!

First off, I would give this a 5 star rating if it weren't for all the foul language Dr Wolf chose to include. I don't see why on earth that was necessary.
But onto my impression of the book ~ it is really glowing!
I loved it. I honestly did not even realize how often I was being sucked into my children's daily bickering.
The author sets up vivid examples and gives detailed methods in
h
Amy
Would've given it 5 stars were it not for the foul language used in the simulated dialogue. I understand that a lot of teenagers and even (yikes!) kids use foul language...but I really think throwing the f word in was unnecessary.

Other than that, I really like the 3 simple rules stated in the beginning of the book. The rest of the book went through every possible scenario/"what if" that I could think of. Every time I'd think of another "what if" it'd show up in the pages of the book with specifi
Pam
Mar 12, 2013 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has great ideas. It is a quick and easy read. I was warned by other reviewers that there was bad language in this book. It's just gratuitous. Maybe it is intended to be inclusive to more readers who might be disinclined to read a goody goody parenting book. Or maybe the author is just trying to be cool. But whatever the reason I hope you won't let this stop you from reading the book in its entirety. The reviewer who stopped reading because of the language surely missed out. Other point ...more
Jan 13, 2012 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, parenting
I much preferred "Siblings Without Rivalry" as a helpful resource for sibling bickering.

This author's approach is much too hands-off, basically taking a stance of not getting involved and letting the kids battle things out on their own. I believe the job of a parent is to teach and guide interpersonal skills, not let the playground/bully mentality decide how interactions should go.

The book is also interspersed with foul language that could easily have been omitted while still getting the point a
Amber
Aug 28, 2014 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book will prove very effective and has already helped in my home in the little time I have had to implement it. Although I found it a good book I was shocked and very disappointed in the fowl language used often in the example scenarios of sibling bickering. It was offensive and completely unnecessary. My children are not allowed to speak like that and I don't of any that are. I don't even speak like that to or about other adults.
In my opinion, the book would have been much better
Carla
I picked this up in the library (catchy title) in hopes of getting some good ideas. Intriguingly, he has explained why children suddenly need attention when the phone rings or their sibling needs your attention...so I'm hooked. I never could get through this, I'm afraid trashy novels won out, but the basic concepts seem good--although sometimes hard to put into practice (ie most bickering gets to me, so letting them work it out can be problemmatic).
Darla Sigmon
Jan 15, 2014 Darla Sigmon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The method promoted here doesn't really end sibling bickering - it just takes the parent out of the middle of it. For the most part, I do agree with the author in letting kids work out their own disagreements as much as possible and only stepping in when necessary. It's a very different approach to parenting than what other books promote.
Julia
Jun 13, 2010 Julia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am going to reserve passing judgement on this book until I read it, but if it can stop my two urchins from bickering constantly over everything, I will take this man out to dinner.

After reading it...good solid advice: stay out of it unless someone is going to get hurt. The jury is still out whether it'll actually work, so dinner for the author yet.
Kiersten
Dec 24, 2009 Kiersten rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting perspectives on siblings and bickering. I thought it was interesting to hear that siblings don't affect self-esteem because they don't hold the power to destroy esteem the ways parents or outsiders do. Also other interesting stuff about esteem and skills in the outside world. Loved this.
Christine Lussier
Jun 27, 2010 Christine Lussier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
well, the book is ok, but probably better for those w/ young children. Somehow I don't think that asking my teen & tween if they "want a hug" while ignoring them will work. However, the ignoring & walking away DOES work!
Erica
May 06, 2009 Erica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
I guess the proof is in the pudding...I'll reserve judgment on the effectiveness of the theories until we've put the advice into practice a bit. It all made sense to me though and is totally counter to what we've been doing so I'm hopeful.
Sara Avrams
Apr 28, 2016 Sara Avrams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Humorous, honest and practical.
Dree
Mar 15, 2008 Dree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read with actual applicable examples.
Marisa
Honestly, the book is based on a great and simple premise, but the writing was kind of painful.
Cooksonmom
May 24, 2010 Cooksonmom rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mybooks
Eh. Although some sound advice, which I implemented with success, overall, it was OK. I skipped through and read selected pages.
Renee
Very helpful...
Autumn
Jul 19, 2011 Autumn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful. Very practical. Let's see if I can institute it!
Cecilia
Cecilia rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2013
Jen
Jen rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2014
Jim D'Ambrosia
Jim D'Ambrosia rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2016
Veronica
Veronica rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Ingrid
Ingrid rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2011
Shannon Cate
Shannon Cate rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2014
Meg M
Meg M rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Published in the UK as Tony Wolf
More about Anthony E. Wolf...