Start by marking “Everything's Coming Up Josey” as Want to Read:
Everything's Coming Up Josey

Everything's Coming Up Josey (Josey #1)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  294 ratings  ·  29 reviews

"I need you," the tall, good-looking missionary had said...but he'd been speaking to Josey's entire church at the time. Had she taken it too literally? Because she was no longer in Gull Lake, Minnesota. She was a missionary. In Russia. For a year.

True, Josey had wanted to skip town when her sister married her ex, and her secret crush/best friend got engaged. But Russia? Ye

Published April 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Caf (first published June 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Everything's Coming Up Josey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything's Coming Up Josey

Sharon
Hmmmm. Not what I was expecting.

I thought this was going to be like the Shopaholic Books and it turns out I was half way right.
Imagine Shopaholic meets goofy Christian Girl trying to find her calling in a missionary position (no pun intended) in Russia...teaching English no less.

That's what this is...funny, a light read, Bible verses galore...and some rather quirky definitions of translation from our main character, Josey.

I'm actually looking forward to reading the next two books in this series
Elizabeth
I was kinda of not sure about reading this book, but I am happy I did! I LOVED IT! It took me about 100 pages to really get into the book but it was worth the read. It has a great romance (little obsessive at times) but I thought it has some good messages. It is a christian book and has lots of references to the bible and Christ. It was clean and fun!
Ruth
Everything's Coming Up Josey is Susan May Warren's first (and most welcome) venture into the field of Christian chick-lit. All I have to say is, watch out Kristin Billerbeck!

Josey needs a change. A big change. Her sister (check that - her younger sister) just married her former fiancé, and ever-present, ever-dependable best friend Chase has announced his engagement to the Queen of the Amazons. Strangely enough, the thought of losing Chase bothers Josey more than her sister's marriage - a circum
Kit
Deb
josey is our typical chick lit heroine, bummed because her sister is marrying her one time boyfriend and she has to wear a poppy inspired bridesmaid dress. so her solution to escaping from her dead end life in the small minnesota town she grew up in is to sign up for a one year tour as a missionary to russia. her motives for doing so seem sort of slim, but she survives missionary training and is soon esconsed in a moscow apartment, trying to negotiate the culture shock and frigid weather. this b ...more
Kathryn
great book that shows how sometimes we have to leave behind everything that we have know and grown up with to find out that we really long to be home in the first place and really can't live with out the things that we truly love but thought we only liked. Josey is jilted by her boyfriend who marries her younger sister and at the reception her best friend Chase tells her he is engaged to be married. she is a little thrown off and wants to find real purpose in her life. She signs up for a mission ...more
 Barb Bailey
This book was not particularly well written and rather predictiable. Josey is a young woman right out of college and going through a period of finding herself and what she wants to do with her life. Josey's boyfriend from college falls in love with her younger sister and marries her. Joesys' boy next door returns for the wedding and brings his finance. Josey is not only upset and at loose ends but wants to get out of town. She attends church when a missionary is visiting and speaking and decide ...more
Linda
Entertaining - definitely Christian fiction.
Angela
Despite a good premise, alluring cover art, and an author whose other stuff I like this book, the first of a trilogy, just didn't do it for me. The romance seemed contrived, and the plot seemed unbelievable in parts and fairly hackneyed. The idea that a man working as teacher in a small town could afford to fly to Russia not once but twice on short notice to chase his girl is a little ridiculous.
Stacy
First of a three book series that I borrowed from Gail. Took me a bit to get used to the writing style and the setup in this book. But after I got accustomed to the characters and storyline, I really got into it and enjoyed it. Looking forward to reading the next two, to follow the characters progress and storyline.
Pam
Plot was rather predictable, but I still enjoyed the book. You have to love the characters, especially Chase! Susan's writing style is no less than fun & I adore her humor. I'm on a roll reading all her books; relaxing way to spend a cold January.
Stacey
I just finished reading this book and I couldn't put it down! I was totally in the story, stressing out right along with Josey. I've already ordered the next book in the series! I've read other books by Warren, and every one's a winner!
Lisa
I thought this book was so fun! If you've ever been a single, female missionary taking off into the great unknown to serve God and found out that you didn't know quite as much as you thought you did then this book is for you. Enjoy!
Christina
I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun, light, "read while running on the treadmill" book. The main character is colorful and witty and I laughed hard enough that I almost feel off of said treadmill a couple of times.
Amy
Totally my type of chick lit. I read this just after I spend a semester in Russia and was living in Moscow. It's just so funny- if you've ever moved to Russia. So it was entertaining and I really liked it.
Sheryl
This is the first of a 3 book series that I enjoyed more than anything I've read for quite awhile. It's about a gal wanting to serve God while figuring out being a grown-up and learning about love.
Julie
Nov 23, 2011 Julie marked it as dnf
This has been sitting on my "currently reading" list now for quite awhile. I'm giving up - if I was all that interested after reading 20%, I would've finished it by now.
Nikki
i liked this book - a bit rough in the beginning though. the writing was a bit all over the place but once Josey got to Russia that calmed down and got better.
Joan
Very enjoyable light read. Good Christian fiction that contains entertaining dialogue, interesting plot, and likeable characters without being "preachy."
Melissa
Just excellent, woman becomes a Russian missionary. Love story is wonderful, spiritual message is superbly written.
Cindy
I was so into the character of Josie. This book left me thinking about the characters long after I finished the book.
Hannah
This book was great. It was realistic and Josie was just a normal person, not some perfect herione. It was funny too.
Jennifer Fluegge
I liked this series--perhaps mostly due to the Russian/Moscow aspect of the books.
Mackenzie
Book 1 of 3
*Great! Love Susan May Warren!
Tricia
One of my most favorite books!
Lisa
Jun 15, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Josey series / book one
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
  • The Baby Chronicles
  • With This Ring, I'm Confused (Ashley Stockingdale, #3)
  • The Good Nearby
  • Marina (Heirs of Anton, #3)
  • The Secret Life of Becky Miller (Becky Miller #1)
  • Dining with Joy (Beaufort, #3)
  • Beach Dreams (The Beach House #3)
  • Undivided Heart (Sister Circle, #3)
  • The Director's Cut (Backstage Pass, #3)
  • Priceless: A Novel on the Edge of the World
  • A Window to the World
  • The Edge of Recall
I can't help be amazed at the gifts God has delighted me with - a wonderful husband, four amazing children, and the opportunity to write for Him.

I've been writing as long as I can remember - I won my first book writing contest in first grade! Over the years, writing has become, for me, a way to praise God and see Him at work in my life.

Although I have a degree in Mass Communications from the Unive
More about Susan May Warren...

Josey (3 books)
  • Chill Out, Josey!
  • Get Cozy, Josey! (Josey #3)
Happily Ever After (Deep Haven, #1) Flee the Night (Team Hope #1) Take a Chance on Me (Christiansen Family, #1) It Had to Be You (Christiansen Family, #2) Reclaiming Nick (Noble Legacy, #1)