Digging Up Trouble

Digging Up Trouble (A Nina Quinn Mystery #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  333 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Digging Her Own Grave

Landscaper Nina Quinn makes her living from surprise garden makeovers. It's not her fault that someone duped her into digging up the wrong yard. And she certainly can't be blamed when her handiwork turns the unsuspecting real owner apoplectic and he drops dead from a heart attack . . . can she? Nina's got enough trouble already, with her divorce from f...more
Published December 18th 2007 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published March 28th 2006)

Jeannie and Louis Rigod
I began reading about Nina Quinn years ago with the first novel "A Hoe Lot of Trouble" and loved it. I had lost sight of the novelist until I was lucky enough to be re-introduced to her via a reading group. Then Ms. Webber wrote a new series about Lucy Valentine and I fell in love again.

So, being confused I ordered the original series out of order. So, This is the third book and guess what? I love it. Nina Quinn is a hard-working, reality based person who happens to find bodies in the most uniqu...more
Renee
Yet another Salvation Army find, and another good read. It's the third in a series, but I suspect that that might be an advantage in terms of ongoing family/relationship plot. Protagonist Nina Quinn, a landscaper living in Ohio, runs a firm specializing in surprise garden makeovers. (Whatever happened to all of those surprise home/garden makeover shows, anyway? I miss them!) It seems that she also has a habit of encountering murder victims, which doesn't make breaking apart from her almost-ex hu...more
Aurian Booklover
Another great instalment in the Nina Quinn series.
Nina Quinn is a very curious woman and when her almost ex-husband’s former sister-in-law Lindsey Lockhart wants to hire her to create one of her surprise gardens, she accepts. Nina does sense that something is not quite right here, but she wants to use the connection to get some answers about Kevin’s first wife, who died in a boating accident. But Lindsey refuses to tell her anything, and as the garden make over has been paid for already, Nina h...more
Robin DeJarnett
Jan 17, 2009 Robin DeJarnett rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery fans
Shelves: 2009-read
When I realized that reading a hundred books in a year meant reading two a week, I started looking for some that would be a little faster to read than the 400 page paranormals I've been hooked on for a while. I picked up 'Digging Up Trouble' at RWA last summer, and at about 240 pages, was able to finish it pretty quickly.

This one caught my eye specifically because it's written in first person, something I'm trying to do. I really enjoyed the voice of this book, and was very comfortable in Nina's...more
Care
I thought this books was about the same level as the previous books. I found them entertaining, but I like them less than the author's other series. My opinions on the characters and overall plotlines are the same as previous books, still enjoyable and entertaining. Parts of this book were a bit slow, but as a quick read, it quickly got better.

I've never been in Nina's position of being cheated on and awaiting a divorce, so this is purely my opinion of how I think I would be in that situation. B...more
Mary Ann
As this series progresses- I like Nina more and more. And the crazy cast of characters is just as lovable as the heroine. These are real people, with real lives and that makes everything just that more believable. There was a lot going on and there was a lot of juggling that at times had my head whirling. But I like that carnival ride feeling when I'm reading a good mystery. The ending was a little too tidy for me but it certainly gave us a hint about what was to come in the next one.
MissSusie
As usual Nina Quinn seems to be a magnet for dead bodies. And she is still struggling with which man she wants to be with.

There were times in this book that I felt I missed a page but didn't; like when her and Ana were gong to go find out about Jean-Claude and they find out about the accident then the next page its the next day and she's at work without telling us what happened the night before it was a bit confusing. And the ending was very anti-climatic and felt rushed. I guess she made her de...more
Sophia
Nina always getting into trouble, just keeps getting more and more hilarious.
Trisha
Another good installment in this series. For some reason I get a big kick out of BeBe's antics and the fact that he caused her to find something many were looking for was a plus. The characters are lots of fun and I love all their flaws. The mystery in this wasn't necessarily the biggest mystery but still wasn't handed over on a silver platter too early in the story line (although since I had read it years ago, that might not be too fair to say). Nonetheless, I enjoyed it.
Amy Mcveigh
This series keeps getting better, I love all the characters and the stories are great!
Karol
I enjoyed this cozy mystery - Nina is such a likable character. The mystery itself was well-developed and had some twists that surprised me. Nina's sister and mother played less predominant roles in this novel, while her ex-husband, stepson, new boyfriend and employees took center stage. I especially enjoyed the characters Tam and Brickhouse.

Another really good read by this author!
Nina takes up a new landscaping job, and begins work. It soon appears that she has been tricked into landscaping the wrong yard! The owner makes an appearance, and dies of a heart attack from the shock of it all. The owner's wife is threatening to sue Nina, and she's going to need to find out what really happened if she wants to keep her business.
Bird
I'm really enjoying this series! The light touch of romance appeals to me, and I enjoy seeing the nontraditional parent/child relationship between Nina and Riley.

My one complaint was the Jean-Claude subplot. It felt superfluous, and could easily have been excluded without affecting the story (except perhaps making it flow more smoothly).
Stacey
There was so much going on that you just wanted Nina to stop moving and drink a beer. Her sister was not in this one which was sad because she made the last book so fun. The end kind of left you hanging. I wish we had found out about Nina's decision when it comes to Bobby.
Candace Davidson
Loved the story. The end was different than how typically the killer is caught. I will not ruin the surprise. It ended well. It makes me want to read the next book in the series soon to see what happens next.
Tammy
This is a wonderful series with well rounded lovable characters.The mystery was excellent! I love that the characters evolve as the series goes on. This is a must read for cozy mystery lovers.
Karen
I liked this better than the other one I read by this author, but ending put this down from a 4 star book to a 3. Cute book and the hummingbird hints were great.
Kristin Humphreys
I was trying to guess all through out the book who the murderer was and I never guessed who it actually was. Great book.
Jennifer Patrick
Not as good as the 1st in this series. Too many sub-plots and non-essential wackiness going on.
Suzanne Boyd
Delightfully fun mystery with good characters and a fun ending.
Coleen Murphy
I like this series. Easy read with giggles here and there.
Allison Fenton
this one is good. couldn't stop reading.
Nora Brosseau
I am loving this series!
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
  • The Cluttered Corpse (A Charlotte Adams Mystery #2)
  • Iced Chiffon
  • Town in a Wild Moose Chase (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #3)
  • To Brie or Not To Brie (A Cheese Shop Mystery #4)
  • You Better Knot Die (Crochet Mystery, #5)
  • Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery, #11)
  • One Dead Cookie (A Cookie Cutter Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Laced with Poison (Sweet Nothings, #2)
  • Death of a Kitchen Diva (A Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #1)
  • Evil Eclairs (Donut Shop Mystery, #4)
  • A Pizza To Die For (Pizza Lovers, #3)
  • The Goodbye Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #4)
  • Thread Reckoning (An Embroidery Mystery, #3)
  • Murder at the Azalea Festival (Magnolia Mysteries, #3)
  • Let It Sew (A Southern Sewing Circle, #7)
  • The Chocolate Pirate Plot (A Chocoholic Mystery #10)
  • Hearse and Buggy (An Amish Mystery, #1)
  • The Cat, the Lady and the Liar (A Cats in Trouble Mystery, #3)
Heather Webber (aka Heather Blake) is the author of more than twenty mystery novels and has been twice nominated for an Agatha Award. She's a total homebody who loves to be close to her family, read, watch reality TV (especially cooking competition shows), drink too much coffee, crochet, and bake (mostly cookies). Heather grew up in a suburb of Boston, but currently she lives in the Cincinnati are...more
More about Heather Webber...
Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine #1) Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine, #2) Absolutely, Positively (Lucy Valentine, #3) Perfectly Matched (Lucy Valentine, #4) A Hoe Lot of Trouble (A Nina Quinn Mystery, #1)