Start by marking “Wonder, Fear, and Longing: A Book of Prayer” as Want to Read:
Wonder, Fear, and Longing: A Book of Prayer

Wonder, Fear, and Longing: A Book of Prayer

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Every heart feels wonder. Every heart knows fear. Every heart aches with longing. Awed, we whisper, Thank you. Frightened, we cry, Mercy. Yearning we plead, Show me the way. Because the truth is, no matter who you are, every heart needs prayer. This is a prayer book. A book to seduce, cajole, entice, and encourage your heart into prayer. More than a book to be read, this i ...more
Published August 31st 2009 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Wonder, Fear, and Longing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wonder, Fear, and Longing

4fabfelines Cox
Oct 28, 2009 4fabfelines Cox rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: randy williams, terri yoast
This was a fantastic book. This book is seperated into differant themes.
Love, Longing, fear, suffering and so on..With each chapter is thoughts, scriptures and quotes from various sources.. This book is very well wrote and has quite a few personal stories from the author.
The chapters are broken down in differant sections for study and contemplation.
scripture, meditation, contemplation and such.
I really liked this book and am looking for more by this author.
Joel Daniel Harris
Fantastic prayer journey for youth (or even adults). I used this alongside a blogging/journaling project with my middle school students and was very inspired by their experiences. Yaconelli writes openly, honestly, and humbly, inviting others to join him in a variety of styles of prayer and using many creative prayer methods.
Andrew
I wanted a book that would generate some creative prayer ideas that could integrate into the youth ministry. great resource. something to return to for reminders, inspiration and a fresh approach.
Emily
Reading on my kindle. LOVE it. It's a book to help facilitate prayer. It's a really sweet read.
Nancy Attey
Nancy Attey marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Danielle Christensen
Danielle Christensen marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Jennifer Ruggles
Jennifer Ruggles marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Suz
Suz marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Margaret
Margaret is currently reading it
Mar 22, 2014
Lucy Smith
Lucy Smith is currently reading it
Feb 07, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Isaac
Isaac marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Aug 16, 2013
Shae
Shae added it
Jul 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Contemplative Youth Ministry: Practicing the Presence of Jesus Growing Souls: Experiments in Contemplative Youth Ministry Downtime: Helping Teenagers Pray Downtime: Helping Teenagers Pray Wonder, Fear, and Longing: A Book of Prayers