Start by marking “Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life: How to Use Feng Shui to Get Love, Money, Respect, and Happiness” as Want to Read:

An alternative cover edition for this ISBN can be found here

An essential and accessible guide to increasing happiness, improving your financial well-being, and bettering your health through the timeless Chinese art of feng shui.

Promising health, wealth, and happiness, feng shui offers endless appeal—at least in concept. Unfortunately, feng shui’s seemingly complicated meth
Published January 6th 2000 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life

Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui by Karen KingstonMove Your Stuff, Change Your Life by Karen Rauch CarterBless My Kindle by Jamie DownhamFeng Shui by Sarah O'ConnellThe Vastu Vidya Handbook by Juliet Pegrum
Feng Shui
8 books — 9 voters
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. CoveyThe Secret by Rhonda ByrneHow to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieThink and Grow Rich by Napoleon HillEvery Silver Lining Has a Cloud by Scott   Stevens
Best Self Help Books
942 books — 1,230 voters

More lists with this book...

Creative Choices
Jan 26, 2008 Creative Choices rated it it was ok
Ok this is the longest Review I have written as I am very passionate about it due to my personal experience with it - so please bare with me. If you are interested in Feng Shui it may be worth the read. Please note parts of this review are copied from other similar titles I have reviewed.

First for the actual book at hand - "Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life". This is one of the first books I read when I began reading about Feng Shui. I was very taken by the ease of use and the concept of making
Diana
Sep 12, 2009 Diana rated it really liked it
I have bought this book seven times at this point, partially because it makes a great housewarming gift, but mainly because everytime I loan it out, it never makes it back to me.

This book is concise, fun to read, well-organized, and helpful. Details and anecdotes are included but it never gets too confusing or esoteric. You don't even need to read it chronologically since each chapter stands enough on its own that you can skip around to the specific issues you want to address with feng shui "too
kasifrass
Aug 16, 2012 kasifrass rated it it was amazing
My mother gave this book to me as a "Yay! You're moving out of my house!" gift about 8 years ago. I have since moved three more times and this book is always my guide. Not only is the writing friendly, casual, and entertaining, it's always relevant because every house is different. My husband (whom I met shortly after rearranging the laundry room that comprised my then-Love and Relationships gua... coincidence?) and I will be first-time homeowners in about a month (I'm sure the keys sitting in o ...more
Colleen Wainwright
Best book on feng shui I've found, and a heap of fun, to boot. There is a lot of corny writing, but it's so earnest, I don't mind. This is a terrific tool for unsticking yourself, relieving yourself of obsessions, and generating creative solutions—it works, and you get a groovy new living space, to boot.
Lisadecorates
May 23, 2012 Lisadecorates rated it it was amazing
Since I bought this book in 2007 I used to so many times that the pages are falling out. I recommend it to everyone I converse about Feng Shui with. It is easy to understand and apply right away. I can relate countless stories about how I have applied this information through the years with just this one book.
Stacey Couch
I love this book! I have improved my prosperity, helped my reputation at work and so many other things over the course of the 8 years that I have had this reference as my companion. Many of the people I have recommended it to have also benefited. Such a great, humorous way to see what steps you can take to improve your life!
Licia
Feb 02, 2009 Licia rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books. I return to it frequently. One of the best explanations of the basic principles of Black Hat Feng Shui. The title sounds like self-help fluff, but it's actually very thorough and well organized, and it works! I was drawn to practice Feng Shui because of this book.
Feb 17, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
This is THE book to get when starting out with Feng Shui. I too have bought many copies because I keep giving mine to friends. Karen makes it easy to apply these principles to your life. Don't hesitate. Get it!
Laura Doyle
Dec 01, 2009 Laura Doyle rated it it was amazing
What can I say? I applied some of the easiest cures (methods) of the book and now my car is running and I have a new job. It's written for practicality but is also highly entertaining and engaging.
Annie
Jan 29, 2017 Annie rated it really liked it
This was an interesting, easy to read book which lays out the basics of feng shui for the curious beginner. It assures you that there are definitely ways to work with what your limitations are (room size, directions, items, etc.) and emphasises that the basis of change is intention. I've made copious notes about colour, elements, what to do/not to do, where to place things and what to do to enhance what you have if moving or changing things around simply isn't possible. Highly recommended for th ...more
Gone Readin'
Nov 22, 2013 Gone Readin' rated it it was amazing
This book is a quick and easy to read that I would happily recommend to beginner feng shui practitioner. Proper feng shui is a term borrowed from the Chinese that is used to purposefully arrange ALL YOUR STUFF around you to gain positive results. Everything that happens in your life is part of nine categories or situations (prosperity, fame and reputation, relationships and love, family, health, creativity and children, skills and knowledge, career, and helpful people and travel), and these can ...more
Tiffany Young
Dec 31, 2013 Tiffany Young rated it really liked it
This was a great intro into Feng shui. Several years ago, I was really into reading about Feng shui, but had not really practiced it in a while. When I found this book at Half Price Books last week, I decided it might be time to revisit it.
If you're not familiar with the concept, Feng shui is all about placing things in your home with intention in order to have the best outcomes in your life in terms of money, love, fame, health, etc. it also teaches about creating space for energy to flow in an
Rebecca
Sep 11, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it
This book is a great practical primer for basic feng shui. I have not had a lot of experience with feng shui prior to reading this (as in, I've only encountered it in passing--via friends who are into it or watching YouTube pointer videos), and I note it does not include some feng shui remedies I've read about or heard about elsewhere (so it's not exhaustive, but I also get the vibe that there are various feng shui philosophies out there), but the book does cover each of the gua and give not-ove ...more
Rebecca
Jul 11, 2009 Rebecca rated it liked it
I gave this a cursory reading in Borders last night and have not stopped laughing since. Some of the ideas I love, and some... well... ?? I'm just not sure how placing a square earthenware bowl of fruit in my shoe closet will improve my health. Although at this point it would give me a good laugh! And the whole bit with my ch'i (life force) falling through the cracks in my spiral staircase or being taken out with the trash leaves me wondering. But over all some interesting ideas. Just let me say ...more
Beneth
Jul 21, 2007 Beneth rated it liked it
Actually, I have finished it. It's funny and spells out the concepts. I became somewhat obsessed with completing it after I began. It's a whole little system of what goes where and why. Very intriguing. After I feng-shui'd my apartment using it, I was somewhat disallusioned to hear from a friend of mine who studies "classic feng shui" that what is really more important than the placement on the bagua map relative to the front door is placement based on North, South, West and East. I am dismayed ...more
Keshia
Feb 27, 2011 Keshia rated it really liked it
This is a good book that serves as an introduction to Feng Shui offering cures, explanations and the occasional, yet whimsical off beat attempt at humor that doesn't always read well. The explanations are balanced with Feng Shui cures for your home that can be easily implemented with many things that one may already have on hand. Well organized with a summary at the end of each chapter makes thumbing through the chapters a cinch. There are also a number of affirmations included which helps inten ...more
Jessica
Jan 10, 2016 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This book was very fun. You can take it with a grain of salt...but why? Nothing KRC suggests will harm you or your home, and realigning energies in a way that has been practiced in the east for thousands of years can only lead to positive results (that is, if you educate yourself and do it right! :)

I had so much fun making small changes in my home. Most of them could not even be noticed by the average observer, and my husband was very pleased that I did not move around our furniture at all.
Audra (Unabridged Chick)
Despite the rather flip title, this fantastic book is a serious but very readable introduction to feng shui. Designed to be used immediately, it offers fantastic suggestions for getting started and inexpensive ways to get your whole house in alignment -- especially if your home is part of an apartment building, etc. I can't recommend this book enough -- it's my go-to guide for feng shui and I'm always referring to it!
Theresa Cizanne
Feb 07, 2015 Theresa Cizanne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feng-shui
If you've ever wanted to learn how to feng shui your home and office, this is the easiest and most practical book I've seen. From the exercises to the simple explanations of energy, the bagua, and associations for each gua, you will be able to change the energy in your surroundings in a day. I did this and visitors noticed a big difference right away! It's paperback, only 233 pages in well organized and simple sections, so it's a quick read.
Emily
Jul 11, 2010 Emily rated it really liked it
This book is pretty cheesy sometimes, but I love her approach to feng shui and the way she writes about changing things in your house as a way of bringing your own attention to what you want in life. This isn't about moving your furniture or pure woo-woo magic.

It was also a pretty good review for me of five element theory and the associations with each element. Dovetailed nicely with some of what I'm learning in my Intro to Eastern class which is the first in our Shiatsu series.
C.J. Heck
Jul 14, 2013 C.J. Heck rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keep-forever
I've bought (and then sold in a yard sale) a lot of books on "how to use Feng Shui" in my home. The only one I have found to be easy to understand, easy to put into use, and a book I will always keep and refer to, is this one.

If you also feel at peace when your home is properly balanced, I recommend this book.
Maya
Jun 20, 2013 Maya rated it really liked it
Shelves: paperback
Loved this book the first dozen times I read it. It's helped a lot through several different living situations. Now I'm reading it again as I paint and swap some rooms and I'm finding myself frustrated. Guess it is time to move on to more in depth study. Excellent book for beginners and people short on time. The author has a wonderful sense if humor.
Natalie
Dec 22, 2013 Natalie rated it really liked it
I liked this one less than the Dummies and the Room by Room guide, but I still liked this one quite a bit. Because she approaches it on a sector by sector basis, she doesn't dive into "if this room is in this sector do this" sorts of stuff, which I would be interested in, but still a good easy read for an easy start.
Sunny
Jan 14, 2008 Sunny rated it really liked it
There are other Feng Shui things I have learned from videos, etc. that are helpful as well. I think this is a good guide to start out with and gives a general idea of how to feng shui your house. I would read the whole thing before I start applying things.

This is more like a manual and therefore I keep it around the house and refer back to it when I need help and think I can use it.
Teri
Sep 02, 2008 Teri rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
This book definitely changed my life. I kid you not.....once I read this book and began clearing the clutter from our place, things started changing. I also applied a few of the techniques to certain areas of the home and not long after, things started happening. For real.
Caroline
Aug 20, 2012 Caroline rated it liked it
Oh, this is wonderful even if you dont get the complexity of directions, corners, dust mites, and bad house angles.
Best book for getting rid of clutter in general. Don't forget to shut the bathroom door.
I still own this book......a good read.
Becca
Aug 20, 2009 Becca rated it it was amazing
This book rocks if you are interested in changing your intention in your life, through your home, office, attic, etc.
I use it ALL the time and bought two so that I could lend one out. It's practical, fun to read, and a great resources for years to come.
Jessica
Apr 16, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Carter writes in a way that makes feng shui easy to understand. A friend recommended it to me and gave me a copy when I moved to my new house. I've looked at it over and over again. I feel like I learn something new every time I open it.
Baron Van Radabaugh
Jan 29, 2012 Baron Van Radabaugh rated it really liked it
Makes feng shui approachable. An easy read that also has a bit of humor to it. Spent the day reading it and beefing up the career and prosperity sections of the house. Interestingly enough, the messiest room/place that needs most work is the relationship/love section.
Amanda
Jul 22, 2008 Amanda rated it really liked it
This was the first feng shui book I purchased...a great on-ramp, if you will, to understanding feng shui. The author's approach is fun, humorous, and easy to digest! Great if you want a simple overview of how feng shui works.
  • The Western Guide to Feng Shui--Room by Room
  • Creating Sacred Space With Feng Shui
  • Altars: Bringing Sacred Shrines into Your Everyday Life
  • Feng Shui Your Life
  • Feng Shui For Dummies
  • Creating a Charmed Life: Sensible, Spiritual Secrets Every Busy Woman Should Know
  • Feng Shui Step by Step : Arranging Your Home for Health and Happiness--with Personalized Astrological Charts
  • The World of the Celts
  • Power of the Witch: The Earth, the Moon, and the Magical Path to Enlightenment
  • Whispers from the Woods: The Lore & Magic of Trees
  • The Witches' Craft: The Roots of Witchcraft & Magical Transformation
  • Magical Housekeeping: Simple Charms & Practical Tips for Creating a Harmonious Home
  • Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life
  • In the Shadow of the Shaman: Connecting with Self, Nature, and Spirit
  • Advanced Witchcraft: Go Deeper, Reach Further, Fly Higher
  • Conquering Chronic Disorganization
  • Open Business Models: How To Thrive In The New Innovation Landscape
  • Santeria: African Spirits in America
Karen Rauch Carter is a professional feng shui educator,consultant, and the best- selling author of Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life. She coaches, trains, and empowers people to use simple and advanced feng shui techniques to enrich and improve all areas of their lives.

Karen has over 20 years of experience studying and implementing methods and modalities that produce consistent, and some say mira
More about Karen Rauch Carter...