Behind the Bit (Canterwood Crest, #3)

Behind the Bit (Canterwood Crest #3)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  1,007 ratings  ·  40 reviews
In Chasing Blue, Sasha and her horse, Charm, have proven that they’re worthy competitors for the elite Canterwood Crest equestrian team. Things are definitely looking up . . . until Sasha finds out who her riding partner for the semester is: her archnemesis, Queen Bee Heather. Not. Good. And when Heather starts spending a little too much QT with Sasha’s...more
Published May 19th 2009 by Aladdin (first published April 30th 2009)

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Lauren Ashley for TeensReadToo.com

Sasha is in quite a predicament...friend and boy wise. Her BFF, Callie, thinks she's after her crush, Eric, but Sasha swears they are just friends. After all, she likes Jacob and wishes he was back at Canterwood Crest so they can talk about her outburst before he left.

Regardless, Callie won't talk to her, and that means Sasha really only has Eric and her horse, Charm, to turn to. In the process of trying to win back her friend, Sasha learns that mean...more
Theresa
This is pretty on par with the first two in the series, with some improved development for Heather. They all start and end in media res so it feels more like reading a magazine serial than a series of books, and the intensity over every little thing reinforces that. I liked seeing Heather as a more rounded person in this book but am disappointed that as soon as we get some depth in the protagonist-antagonist relationship (view spoiler)...more
Laura Betker
I luv jacob but he is such and idiot for dating callie - and just some advice, make sure u buy triple fault before you start reading behind the bit or, like me, you'll end up finishing it in one day and then wont have a book to read!!!lol
Adele
I really enjoyed this one. It was a fun read.
Alina Seifert
I loved this book much more then the other CanterWood Crest I reviewed. I loved how the author put the difficulty of romance in this book. For example, the boy relationship that Sash had with Jacob and Eric showed how you can like someone, but then also be friends with someone else. This was a very big part of the book, but also there was a horse show that took place at Devon. Unlike the second Canterwood Crest book that I reviewed, this one did not tell all that much about the preparation for t...more
Abby
ONE WORD......... DRAMA!! I LOVE HOW IN EVERY BOOK, IT GETS MORE INTERESTING!!! WHEN I STARTED THIS BOOK, I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!!!! SASHA AND HER BEST FRIEND FIGHT BECAUSE CALLIE THOUGHT THAT SASHA WAS WITH ERIC. NOW HEATHER IS SORTA FRIENDS WITH SASHA AND CALLIE JOINS THE TRIO!!! MEANWHILE, PAIGE IS CONTINUING HER COOKING DREAM FOR SPRING BREAK! THERE IS MORE THAT HAPPENS, BUT I DON'T WANT TO SPOIL IT!!!
Kristen
While the plots are VERY predictable, I adore the school and horsie world that is Canterwood Crest. The writing is lacking in depth but Sasha and Canterwood Crest are just so likeable. Reading this series makes me miss horse back riding less and allows me to imagine that I go to Canterwood Crest too. It also plays on my childhood nostalgia of when I used to be the same age as the characters and ride with my friends (and frenemies).
Assorted thoughts:
-I really like Heather and am glad that she...more
Jessica
Jun 13, 2014 Jessica rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Michelle Arrow
Ahhh! This cannot be happening! Why does Heather have to hook up with Jacob! I think that Sasha and Jacob would make the absolute best couple! DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS BTW. But I got happy when in the other books, Callie hooks up with Jacob, when Sasha and her aren't friends. Awesome job Ms. Burkhart! I can't wait to see what else you'll write about, because exact time I get more satisfied.
s o n n a
Woah-ease up on the drama there! There's another book I couldn't put down. The ending made you want to go straight to the next book, mainly because the next book is where Jessica Burkhart continues the last paragraph. Well, I love horses, so I would consider this if you love horses and are looking for a dripping teen drama that never ends.
Alyson
I loved it so much I finished it in only a few days. I like that the author, Jessica Burkhart, left me on another cliff hanger, just like she always does. I can't wait to read the next one. I would recommend this book for people who either love to learn about horses, and ride them, or love horses.
Kate
I LOVE this series there the best! Horses are my life and this book serried lets me relate to the horses and friends that Sasha has! I don't have very many friends who ride horses but the ones who do ride read these books also! I wish canterwood academy was a real school!
THESE BOOKS ARE AWESOME!
Johanna Story
i gave this book 4 stars because well it was amazing and an author like jessica you can trust because u know by the end of the first you are hooked and they just get better and better and with this book you have 2 have the 4th because the end of this one leads right into the begining of the 4th
Maya Gorev
It's midwinter break and Sasha Silver been invited to attend an exclusive equestrian clinic. Problem is Callie, Heather, Alison and Julia have also been invited. And after the way things ended at Canterwood's sweetheart soiree, the line between friends and frenemy is thinner than ever.
Ashlyn
That the drama at the school is starting to rise and now the pressure is on everyone. and now if some people new some of the secrets that it could hurt them and the book was so good to where i didnt want to put it down.
alysa
These books are just fun. I am really enjoying reading them with my daughter and would recommend them to all mothers and daughters. They have opened up great discussions on friends/school/responsibilites/bullies/boys.
I thought this book was really good. I liked how Sahsa and Callie finally got back together but then Callie and Jacob got together. At least Sahsa got Eric. The ending was wonderful ans sweet.
Sps
Horsies and private school mean girls and boy drama. What more could you possibly want, unless they were vampires? And models! OMG!

Whatever.

♥Cynthia♥
Okay, so i finally finish this! lol there was definitely tons more drama in this book then the last 2!I really enjoyed reading it and can't wait 2 read book #4
evans k holl
The saying "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" really goes into effect for this book. You also need to keep a close eye on your "BFF".
 Ericka
I Loved it! I read it in one whole day! It's absoulotly amazing! Exept after i read it i couldn't stop thinking about the book, and how it ended...
Mallory
It was a vreey good book i loved it. And now i am on canterwood crest (Triple Fault #3.) pridick that Heather will be nice to everyone at the end.
Juliana
Nov 29, 2012 Juliana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: horse lovers and equestrians
Eric is SOO much better for Sasha than Jacob. and sasha has to stop calling jacob her "sort-of" boyfriend bc they just never had that chemistry :P
Marian
I'm going to assume that Lip Smackers had some sort of sponsorship of this series, given the number of "lip gloss" conversations and mentions?
Brittin Grace
This book was great! BUT I WANTED TO GIVE CALLIE A NICE FIST IN THE FACE! Haha but really! I read this is one day! I couldn't stop!
Tessa Binetti
I didn't really like the book too much! It was all a bit too dramatic for me but I think that is the whole point! Oh well!
Emma
I'm going to put this down for the rest of the series! (until Lauren) but I thought this series was superb!
Amy
Boys are not worth fighting with your best friend. I really hate that plot device.
Lilly W.
It was great! it was full of suspense. you never know what is going to happen next
Mallori
I really liked this book! it was really good. but i got bored in some parts.
  • My Favorite Mistake (The A Circuit, #2)
  • A Horse of Her Own
  • Eager Star (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #2)
  • The Outside of a Horse
  • All or Nothing (Chestnut Hill, #6)
  • Sundancer (Saddle Creek, #1)
  • The Shining Stallion (Phantom Stallion: Wild Horse Island, #2)
  • Dream of Night
  • Shadow Horse
  • Ashleigh's Dream (Thoroughbred, #5)
  • Elska (Horse Diaries, #1)
  • The Georges and the Jewels (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch, #1)
Twenty-two year old Jessica Burkhart is a writer from New York City. She’s crazy about horses, lip gloss and all things pink and sparkly. Jess was an equestrian before she started writing. Now, she writes the bi-monthly Canterwood Crest series for Aladdin MIX.
More about Jessica Burkhart...
Take the Reins (Canterwood Crest, #1) Chasing Blue (Canterwood Crest, #2) Triple Fault (Canterwood Crest, #4) Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest, #5) Little White Lies (Canterwood Crest, #6)