Start by marking “A New Leaf” as Want to Read:
A New Leaf

A New Leaf (Cape Light #4)

In A New Leaf, world-renowned author Thomas Kinkade, "Painter of Light," takes readers into the heart of Cape Light, where people understand the importance of lending a hand and cultivating gratitude. Readers will discover that Cape Light is a place they won't want to leave.

Ever since her bitter divorce, single mom Molly Willhoughby has felt disillusioned by matters of t
Published December 7th 2004 by Berkley Trade (first published January 6th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A New Leaf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A New Leaf

Judie Dooley
Aug 24, 2014 Judie Dooley rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book. Four stories of love- sadness-redemption - sorrow- and faith all combined into one. I always thought of Thomas Kinkade as a painter, don't remember any of his writings, but then this book paints a beautiful picture in words. It made me laugh ,cry, and smile at times. I'd recommend it to anyone who like to read a good clean love story.
Nolan
Dec 08, 2009 Nolan rated it liked it
As you might guess from the title, the theme of this installment in the Cape Light series is the idea of starting anew—turning over a new leaf, as the old cliché has it. It’s a nicely supported theme—as much worth a read as any of the other books in the series.

This is the book where you experience the privilege of becoming acquainted with Molly Willoughby. She was Molly Morgan growing up, but that was before she turned the ever-so-mature age of 15 and got the hots for the fast-talking handsome P
Donna
Feb 06, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing
Welcome back to Cape Light. "A New Leaf" brings us in touch with Tucker Tulley, his wife, Betty, and Carl Tulley. Also we get on with Molly Willoughby and children, and the good Dr. Matthew Harding and his daughter. We also get to keep up with whatever else is going on in Cape Light.

Rev. Ben Lewis has called upon Tucker Tulley, policeman in Cape Light, after there was a break-in at the church. Tulley was close by so stopped to see what was going on. Rev. Ben told Tulley about the break-in and th
Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo
In this fourth installment of the late painter of Light, Thomas Kinkade's Cape Light Series tears will flow for the reader. A beloved character slips to the other side, leaving Sophie Potter unsure of what to do without her husband of 50 years. Could Cape Light lose another beloved neighbor? What will happen to the Orchard? Erza has retired and widower Dr. Matthew Harding arrives in Cape Light with his teenaged daughter. He thinks being a general practitioner in a small town will be the fresh st ...more
Paula-O
Jan 22, 2012 Paula-O rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book in the Cape Light novels by Thomas Kinkade that I have read called "A New Leaf" written with Katherine Spencer.

Cape Light is a quaint little New England Village by the sea with a group of wonderful caring folks there.
Molly is a single mom with two daughters who works so hard to give them the life she wants them to have since she split with their dad years earlier. He was a carefree type that did not take his responsibility seriously. He has not done well with child support a
Kellye Carver
Sep 13, 2016 Kellye Carver rated it really liked it
Wonderful series. Light reading with nice character development and good story lines. Liked the last two books better than the first two!
Mike
Another wonderful story of my "home" in Massachusetts. Well, my adopted home, that is. You see, in my heart, I have moved there. I'm so completely into this series by Katherine Spencer that I feel as though I know the characters in each story as my personal friends.

In this book, we experience many of the difficulties, sorrows, joys, challenges, and triumphs that we all face in our personal lives. Sophie's husband, Gus, dies, leaving the future of her home in the country with its apple orchard in
Margaret
Apr 05, 2013 Margaret rated it really liked it
Just as I always wanted to live inside Kinkade's paintings, I want to live in Cape Light as well. Kinkade and Spencer together create pictures with words. I have come to know the characters of this New England village, flaws and all. In this particular book, many of the characters are trying to "turn over a new leaf", putting mistakes and fears behind them to create a new, improved life for themselves. But in a small town where everyone knows everyone else (and their business) it isn't always ea ...more
Bonnie McHenry
Jul 04, 2012 Bonnie McHenry rated it it was amazing
They just keep getting better and better! The characters are so relatable and true to life that it is almost scary. I read through this book saying to myself: yes, I have said that... boy, that reminds me so much of my dad...I have felt exactly like that before...and so much more! There is happiness, death, forgiveness, and lots of starting over for many of the characters in this book. But, it doesn't happen without its ups and downs taking place which is why it is so true to life. I cried and l ...more
Virginia
Sep 17, 2012 Virginia rated it really liked it
A lovely story about second chances--about a small town with nice people--reminded me of his paintings. The characters are personal. Very enjoyable. I did not know this was part of series--guess I should find out about the other 3!
The theology of trying to "forgive yourself" is off--God never asks us to forgive ourselves. We are to ask for--and accept--His forgiveness. His death on the cross was sufficient. Not accepting it is either unbelief or rebellion--we want to "add to" His work on the cro
Carol
Apr 04, 2014 Carol rated it really liked it
This is such a nice series - people I can care about and they grow and change and don't stay static. It makes you want to go and find Cape Light and live there. Molly Willoughby is the main character this time. She's a single mom trying to start a catering business. Her Ex has come back and is trying to be part of his 2 girls lives and even Molly's life. There's a new doctor in town and he has a daughter the same age as Molly's oldest and they have a true friendship immediately. Might there be a ...more
Nadine Keels
Oct 05, 2010 Nadine Keels rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoughts on the series.

The Cape Light novels answer the question of what would happen if you stepped into Kinkade’s warm, vivid, signature paintings.

While the series brought all of the warmth and comfort I anticipated, the characters and their situations turned out to be more real than my initial anticipation thought they would be. Warmth, comfort, and realness without descents into sap and corniness: “feel good” reading at its best.
Allan67
Jan 03, 2016 Allan67 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another book read to the wife. She loves to be read to, she always has. Reading is one of the few things that we can do together.

For us this was an emotional book - especially so for me. The book has three threads running throughout and all three are brought to closure in the last pages.

Diana agreed that it was a four star book, it might have been a 4.5. We enjoyed it.
Julie
Feb 25, 2016 Julie rated it really liked it
At first I was a little disappointed that the former characters that took center stage in the series so far barely made an appearance. But I grew to love the new characters who were highlighted, particularly Molly, Tucker and Carl. I especially liked the story of Carl and the lessons in acceptance and forgiveness. I hope Carl appears in future books and his life takes new and happy turns.
Culleen
Feb 25, 2013 Culleen rated it really liked it
this one started off slow for me but was still really good. Again I felt like I knew the characters. I like how Kinkade focuses on a select few residents of Cape Light but intertwines the other residents so we don't forget them.
Dottie
Oct 02, 2010 Dottie rated it really liked it
I still very much enjoyed this book, reading into the characters mind set in such a small tight knit little town. All of his books have no problem keeping you interested and wondering what's to come.
Gail Jorgensen
Mar 01, 2014 Gail Jorgensen rated it it was amazing
great story because I had read these out of order this one let me know how several lives started out in Cape Light what a great series.
Diane Wachter
HB-B @ 2004, 2/04. Cape Light Series, Book 4. Molly Willoughby meets Dr. Matthew Harding, a widower. Good.
Missi Stockwell
Jun 25, 2014 Missi Stockwell rated it it was amazing
What a nice feel good story. You cant help by love the little town of Cape Light and all its residents.
Natalie
Oct 27, 2008 Natalie rated it liked it
A touching story of how you can change yourself and those around you if you use the power of prayer and let the Lord do the rest. As always, there is love, problems and hope.
Sha Valencia
Mar 12, 2011 Sha Valencia rated it really liked it
Like this author. Very enjoyable reading. The characters are realistic. You start to feel like they are someone you know and think about throught the day.
Jennifer Seest
Aug 22, 2013 Jennifer Seest rated it liked it
Interesting plot, but a professing Christian's book should include characters who deal with life issues biblically. This is not the case with this series.
Stephanie
Feb 19, 2009 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Recommended to Stephanie by: Jackie Kruzie
These books really grow on you. They are interesting books that are about a town not a person so every book has multiple story lines going on!
Linda Wilson
I just finished this book and it was delightful! I just ordered the next 2 in the series couldn't recommend them more!
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2011
Mandy
Mandy rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2013
Rosa
Rosa rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2011
Barbara Ricker
Barbara Ricker rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2014
Pam Smith
Pam Smith rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2014
  • Recipes & Wooden Spoons (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #3)
  • Home for the Holidays (Tales From Grace Chapel Inn, #7)
  • The Way Home
  • Something Old, Something New (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #10)
  • Winter Wonders (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #6)
  • We Have This Moment (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #11)
  • The Price of Fame (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #14)
  • Seaside
  • A Covington Christmas
  • Where Love Grows (Fields Of Home #3)
  • A Time to Surrender (Safe Harbor #3)
  • The Christmas Blessing (Christmas Hope, #2)
  • Dearest Dorothy, If Not Now, When? (Dearest Dorothy, #6)
  • Katie's Dream (The Wortham Family, #3)
19941
Thomas Kinkade was known as the "Painter of Light." His works, although spurned by the secular art establishment. were very popular with Christians and many others.
More about Thomas Kinkade...

Cape Light (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Cape Light (Cape Light #1)
  • Home Song
  • A Gathering Place
  • A Christmas Promise (Cape Light #5)
  • The Christmas Angel (Cape Light #6)
  • A Christmas To Remember (Cape Light #7)
  • A Christmas Visitor (Cape Light #8)
  • A Christmas Star (Cape Light #9)
  • A Wish for Christmas (Cape Light #10)
  • On Christmas Eve (Cape Light)