The Parents' Guide to Hip Dysplasia

The Parents' Guide to Hip Dysplasia

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Review All the information that a parent of a child with DDH needs is concisely dealt with in this fact-laden book. A must read to make it through the days of dealing with hip dysplasia. --Nancy Sanders, owner and keeper of the www.hip-baby.org website A nice resource for parents and families in regards to hip dysplasia, the treatment recommendations, and what to expect. -...more
Published November 1st 2008 by Dog Ear Publishing (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Parents' Guide to Hip Dysplasia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parents' Guide to Hip Dysplasia

Denise Sutherland
This is an excellent guide for any parent dealing with the difficulties of a child with hip dysplasia. I wish my parents had had something like this when I was a baby, and in and out of hospitals for hip surgery, for years.
Wellingtonslp
Excellent resource of information!
Steph
I do not have a child with hip dysplasia, but I am a nursing student and I was interested in this book because I want to be able to relate to both the parents and children who have to face this every day. This book was very informative and I feel as though, after reading it, I can understand the plight of those who suffer from hip dysplasia. I also think that if I ever come into contact with a child who has hip dysplasia, I will be able to implement more tactics that may help them.
This book took the fear out of our journey with hip dysplasia. Our daughter has been in a pavlik harness since she was five days old and we got the news that we can start weaning her off it. The book is full of tips to help with issues ranging from sleep to clothing. Grateful my daughter's journey is nearly complete and my heart goes out to the families who have more severe cases.
Maria
This is an informative and easy to understand book on hip dysplsia. The author also gives the reader a useful glossery, bibliography, and index at the back of the book. This would be a useful text for any parent of a child with hip dysplasia.
Monica Pawlan
This is a wonderfully written, thorough, and very well written book about hip dysplasia. It covers every aspect of the condition and servers as a definitive guide for parents who have children with this condition. I highly recommend it.
Rui Pedro
Rui Pedro marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Jaclyn
Jaclyn marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Hilary Evans
Hilary Evans marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Betsy Miller
Dec 04, 2011 Betsy Miller rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: nonfiction
Betsy Miller writes nonfiction books about children's health and fiction. Her fiction spans several genres including literary, speculative, mystery, and young adult. Miller lives in Silicon Valley where she writes for high-tech companies.
More about Betsy Miller...
The Parents' Guide to Clubfoot Half and Half Equilibrium Negative Space Doorways to Extra Time