Start by marking “The Parents' Guide to Hip Dysplasia” as Want to Read:
The Parents' Guide to Hip Dysplasia

The Parents' Guide to Hip Dysplasia

4.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  14 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Review All the information that a parent of a child with DDH needs is concisely dealt with in this fact-laden book. A must read to make it through the days of dealing with hip dysplasia. --Nancy Sanders, owner and keeper of the www.hip-baby.org website A nice resource for parents and families in regards to hip dysplasia, the treatment recommendations, and what to expect. - ...more
Published November 1st 2008 by Dog Ear Publishing (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Parents' Guide to Hip Dysplasia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parents' Guide to Hip Dysplasia

Beth
Dec 28, 2014 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If your child has hip dysplasia (developmental dysplasia of the hip, or DDH), this book is a must-read. My daughter did have DDH and I had already purchased the 2008 edition of this book. I was delighted to receive the 2013 edition through the LT Early Reviewer program. The newer book calls itself the "first edition," and I don't see all that much change between the two editions, beyond updates. The first book was already very good. Both editions offer detailed information about what DDH is, how ...more
Denise Sutherland
Jan 05, 2012 Denise Sutherland rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This is an excellent guide for any parent dealing with the difficulties of a child with hip dysplasia. I wish my parents had had something like this when I was a baby, and in and out of hospitals for hip surgery, for years.
Wellingtonslp
Jun 12, 2014 Wellingtonslp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent resource of information!
Steph
Mar 16, 2016 Steph rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do not have a child with hip dysplasia, but I am a medical student and I was interested in this book because I want to be able to relate to both the parents and children who have to face this every day. This book was very informative and I feel as though, after reading it, I can understand the plight of those who suffer from hip dysplasia. I also think that if I ever come into contact with a child who has hip dysplasia, I will be able to implement more tactics that may help them.
Mar 22, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book took the fear out of our journey with hip dysplasia. Our daughter has been in a pavlik harness since she was five days old and we got the news that we can start weaning her off it. The book is full of tips to help with issues ranging from sleep to clothing. Grateful my daughter's journey is nearly complete and my heart goes out to the families who have more severe cases.
Maria
Jan 29, 2014 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an informative and easy to understand book on hip dysplsia. The author also gives the reader a useful glossery, bibliography, and index at the back of the book. This would be a useful text for any parent of a child with hip dysplasia.
Monica Pawlan
Aug 29, 2013 Monica Pawlan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-by-friends
This is a wonderfully written, thorough, and very well written book about hip dysplasia. It covers every aspect of the condition and servers as a definitive guide for parents who have children with this condition. I highly recommend it.
Lauren
Lauren added it
Nov 27, 2015
Jenny
Jenny is currently reading it
Nov 24, 2015
Alisa Banks
Alisa Banks marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Cindy Lewis
Cindy Lewis rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2014
Mindy
Mindy rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2014
Rui Pedro
Rui Pedro marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Jaclyn
Jaclyn marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Hilary Evans
Hilary Evans marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Gina Jay
Gina Jay rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2012
Tropikali
Tropikali rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2012
Betsy Miller
Dec 04, 2011 Betsy Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: nonfiction
Elaine
Elaine rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2011
Betsy Miller writes nonfiction books about children's health and fiction. Her fiction spans several genres including literary, speculative, mystery, and young adult. Miller lives in Silicon Valley where she writes for high-tech companies.
More about Betsy Miller...