Start by marking “Promises (Edilean, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Promises (Edilean, #3.5)

Promises (Edilean #3.5)

Jude Deveraux's newest novella, Promises, is a story of passion and mystery set on a 19th century plantation where a beautiful young writer finds herself falling for the last man she ever expected to love. Promises is available EXCLUSIVELY as a vook.

Promises will captivate old and new fans alike with romance, mystery and breathtaking original videos that immerse you in lif
Published October 1st 2009 by Vook, Atria Books/Simon & Schuster, Inc.

Holly Neibaur
Jan 05, 2012 Holly Neibaur rated it it was ok
The idea of combining video and writting is a fun theory. In this case it fell flat, the videos felt repetative of the writting and seemed to break up the flow of the story; the least interesting of the Edilean series to date, readable for the fact that it brings back some of the fun secondary characters from Scent of Jasmine.
Melanie
Oct 16, 2015 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! But...

I wish it were longer! This is a novella. I don't know how she does it, but Jude Deveraux's writing grabs you and pulls you in. I love her stories, including this short novella.
Melowin
Feb 21, 2011 Melowin rated it it was ok
This is a digital-only novella, published by Vook (also available on amazon.com). Not worth the $4.99 I paid for it, as it's very short. The videos were more distracting than enlightening, and many didn't seem to reflect on the story at all - they were really their own separate beast, and I could have done without (I didn't bother watching the last few).

The story itself is set at Gracewell Plantation in South Carolina, in 1800. It takes place after the events in The Scent of Jasmine. James Grad
Shell
Mar 18, 2012 Shell rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012-books

At first, I didn't think I'd get to read this bc I thought it was only available for certain kinds of nooks and I don't have one. But you can get it for iBooks. It's extremely short and there are awful videos that accompany the story. You really don't need them as they simply show what the story is talking about. I thought they were cheesy and unnecessary. I really love the Edilean series but could have done without this book with its rushed plot line.
Sheila Grimm
Feb 17, 2014 Sheila Grimm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love.....Jude Deveraux

I have been reading her books since middle school, which was not appropriate reading, but parents where happy I was READING. Her writing then was very traffic. They have great stories, oh the Montgomery's.......
Her books, lately, have intimate scenes that are tasteful and leaves things to your imagination. Which I enjoy a lot.
Bethany Michaels
Sep 11, 2013 Bethany Michaels rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-read
Good enough story, but there were no videos in my edition. The publisher/vendor should say which devices are able to play the videos, because I probably would not have paid $4.99 for a short story if I'd known I wasn't actually getting a "vook".

I have a NookColor that is able to run Netflix and other videos, so I don't know why the vook thing isn't available for this device. Typical B&N. :/
Stephanie Wakefield
Aug 30, 2013 Stephanie Wakefield rated it really liked it
Thought the story was very romantic and lovely, but like most other reviews for the price and the length it was a bit disappointing. Should of made this a full novel I would of been gripped all the way through.
Susan
Jul 23, 2011 Susan rated it it was ok
This is a short story, I thought it was interesting how she combined the videos with the story in visualizing the scenes, you can still read without the videos and still understand the story, its just a nice added feature. I should also warn that this vook is only for nook color or ipad.
Heather
Feb 15, 2010 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edilean
This was my first Vook. Actually I had never even heard of one before this, I am just a big fan of Jude Deveraux. At first it was confusing, but once I caught on I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a cute story and I am glad I read it.
Tonya
Nov 06, 2012 Tonya rated it it was ok

Not her greatest book. Very short, so story gets kind of chopped. First e-book for me and wasn't really "down" with the book/video combo.
Rebekah
I feel like the vook format takes away from the story. I really would have preferred to have just read this instead of having a few videos spliced in.
Robinjane
This book is part of a series that I really liked.
Natalie Childress
Jul 07, 2014 Natalie Childress rated it really liked it
A sweet quick read.
Niki
Aug 23, 2012 Niki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Jude Deveraux's books because they are fast, fun and easy to read romances that can help you escape for an afternoon.
Terri
Oct 22, 2011 Terri rated it liked it
Shelves: just_romance
could have been a full novel or a subplot of another novel...i did not like the vook format
Cheryl
Apr 15, 2013 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Loved the story!! I only wish I was able to see the videos. I guess my Kindle is too old for that. Hopefully I can see them when I get a newer version!
Karen B Harrington
Karen B Harrington rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Azita
Azita rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2015
Sam
Sam rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2014
Beverly Snyder
Beverly Snyder rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2012
Anglea
Anglea rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2012
Suzanne Mooney
Suzanne Mooney rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2011
Shelly Church
Shelly Church rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2014
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2010
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2017
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2012
Katie Monaghan
Katie Monaghan rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2013
Kris Pernicas ramos
Kris Pernicas ramos rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
  • Lord Harry (Regency, #5)
  • Highland Destiny (Highland Destiny, #4)
  • His Ruthless Heart: Love Only Once / Tender Rebel
  • Hot Pursuit (Hot Zone, #6)
  • How We Started
  • A Girl Named Summer (Wildfire #79)
  • RSVP (The Winemaker's Dinner, #0.5)
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo
More about Jude Deveraux...

Edilean (9 books)
  • Lavender Morning (Edilean, #1)
  • Days of Gold (Edilean, #2)
  • Scarlet Nights (Edilean, #3)
  • The Scent of Jasmine (Edilean, #4)
  • Heartwishes (Edilean, #5)
  • Moonlight in the Morning (Edilean, #6)
  • Stranger in the Moonlight (Edilean, #7)
  • Moonlight Masquerade (Edilean, #8)
  • Change of Heart (Edilean, #9)