Start by marking “Promises” as Want to Read:
Promises

Promises (Edilean #3.5)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  515 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Jude Deveraux's newest novella, Promises, is a story of passion and mystery set on a 19th century plantation where a beautiful young writer finds herself falling for the last man she ever expected to love. Promises is available EXCLUSIVELY as a vook.

Promises will captivate old and new fans alike with romance, mystery and breathtaking original videos that immerse you in lif
Published October 1st 2009 by Vook, Atria Books/Simon & Schuster, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Promises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promises

Yoga in Bed by Naomi Sophia CallPromises by Jude DeverauxELLE by Gaiam Inc.Winning the Zero Moment of Truth - ZMOT by Jim LecinskiMechanics 101 by Dr. Vook
Popular Enhanced eBooks
2nd out of 15 books — 3 voters
Outlander by Diana GabaldonTwilight by Stephenie MeyerPerfect by Judith McNaughtParadise by Judith McNaughtEmma by Jane Austen
Best Single-title Romance Novels
48th out of 52 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Holly Neibaur
The idea of combining video and writting is a fun theory. In this case it fell flat, the videos felt repetative of the writting and seemed to break up the flow of the story; the least interesting of the Edilean series to date, readable for the fact that it brings back some of the fun secondary characters from Scent of Jasmine.
Melowin
This is a digital-only novella, published by Vook (also available on amazon.com). Not worth the $4.99 I paid for it, as it's very short. The videos were more distracting than enlightening, and many didn't seem to reflect on the story at all - they were really their own separate beast, and I could have done without (I didn't bother watching the last few).

The story itself is set at Gracewell Plantation in South Carolina, in 1800. It takes place after the events in The Scent of Jasmine. James Grad
Sheila Grimm
Love love love.....Jude Deveraux

I have been reading her books since middle school, which was not appropriate reading, but parents where happy I was READING. Her writing then was very traffic. They have great stories, oh the Montgomery's.......
Her books, lately, have intimate scenes that are tasteful and leaves things to your imagination. Which I enjoy a lot.
Natalie Childress
A sweet quick read.
Shell

At first, I didn't think I'd get to read this bc I thought it was only available for certain kinds of nooks and I don't have one. But you can get it for iBooks. It's extremely short and there are awful videos that accompany the story. You really don't need them as they simply show what the story is talking about. I thought they were cheesy and unnecessary. I really love the Edilean series but could have done without this book with its rushed plot line.
Bethany Michaels
Good enough story, but there were no videos in my edition. The publisher/vendor should say which devices are able to play the videos, because I probably would not have paid $4.99 for a short story if I'd known I wasn't actually getting a "vook".

I have a NookColor that is able to run Netflix and other videos, so I don't know why the vook thing isn't available for this device. Typical B&N. :/
Susan
This is a short story, I thought it was interesting how she combined the videos with the story in visualizing the scenes, you can still read without the videos and still understand the story, its just a nice added feature. I should also warn that this vook is only for nook color or ipad.
Heather
This was my first Vook. Actually I had never even heard of one before this, I am just a big fan of Jude Deveraux. At first it was confusing, but once I caught on I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a cute story and I am glad I read it.
Stephanie Wakefield
Thought the story was very romantic and lovely, but like most other reviews for the price and the length it was a bit disappointing. Should of made this a full novel I would of been gripped all the way through.
Cheryl
Jan 24, 2013 Cheryl marked it as to-read
I am looking for this book in either hard back or paper back. I do not have an ereader and I choose not to. Can someone tell me where I can buy this book in paper or hard back?
Cheryl
Loved the story!! I only wish I was able to see the videos. I guess my Kindle is too old for that. Hopefully I can see them when I get a newer version!
Tonya

Not her greatest book. Very short, so story gets kind of chopped. First e-book for me and wasn't really "down" with the book/video combo.
Niki
I like Jude Deveraux's books because they are fast, fun and easy to read romances that can help you escape for an afternoon.
Terri
could have been a full novel or a subplot of another novel...i did not like the vook format
KarenH
Feb 01, 2010 KarenH rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: ugh
This is my first vook. I hope it's as good as I want it to be!
Robinjane
This book is part of a series that I really liked.
Juliet Khoo
Juliet Khoo marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Kelly Hornsby
Kelly Hornsby marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Jessica Clements
Jessica Clements marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
  • A Holiday of Love (Westmoreland, #3.5)
  • Wild Star (Star, #3)
  • A Garden in Paris
  • Mariah's Quest (Harwood House, #2)
  • Sean (The Cowboys, #5)
  • A Girl Named Summer
  • His Ruthless Heart
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Redemption
  • This Can't Be Love
  • Desire and Destiny
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo
More about Jude Deveraux...

Edilean (9 books)
  • Lavender Morning
  • Days of Gold
  • Scarlet Nights
  • The Scent of Jasmine (Edilean, #5)
  • Heartwishes
  • Moonlight in the Morning
  • Stranger in the Moonlight
  • Moonlight Masquerade
  • Change of Heart
A Knight in Shining Armor The Black Lyon The Velvet Promise Highland Velvet Velvet Angel