Start by marking “The Tycoon's Secret Affair (The Anetakis Tycoons, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Tycoon's Secret Affair (The Anetakis Tycoons, #3)

The Tycoon's Secret Affair (The Anetakis Tycoons #3)

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  2,865 Ratings  ·  98 Reviews
She hadn't known she'd slept with the boss. But the next morning Jewel Henley learned the exotic stranger who'd swept her off her feet was her new employer, Piers Anetakis. And before she could explain, Jewel found herself without a job...and pregnant.
After five months Piers had finally tracked down his one-night lover. Determined to explain the mistakes that had been mad
Published August 1st 2009 by Silhouette Desire (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Tycoon's Secret Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tycoon's Secret Affair

seton
Jun 10, 2009 seton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category
Third and last book in the Anetakis series.

Jewel is a woman w/o roots. She lands on some tropical isle and instantly lands some lucrative temp job. While waiting for her job to start, she has a one nite stand with some dude and finds out the next morning that he is her new boss. He may be some hotel tycoon gazillionaire but still too cheap, obviously, to buy some good quality condoms because she gets knocked up from their night together. Can two strangers make this marriage work?

Piers is a fanta
Paula Legate
This was the second time I read this book, and loved it as much as I did the first time I read.

Jewels, and Piers met, and spent one sizzling night together before Jewels started her new job. I’m not sure who was more shocked when jewels showed up to work. Piers, or Jewels. Neither thought their paths would cross again. Now Jewels was there to be the assistant for Piers. He left on a trip and called his personal department and had her fired.

Five months later Jewels is in the hospital. Jewels is
willaful
Jun 17, 2012 willaful rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Harlequin Presents
Banks' usual category formula: hero is a mistrustful asshat, he makes the heroine suffer, that makes him suffer, then there are babies. Fortunately, I love this formula, and Banks usually adds enough original plot to keep it from getting stale. This is the last in a series and somewhat overloaded with the previous two couples being shmoopy all over the place -- and I will never quite get the "gazillionaire willingly spending vast amounts of money on women he thinks is out to cheat him" plotline. ...more
Jenny
Jan 10, 2013 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the heroine. She had an awful unhappy childhood but she is full of goodness. You feel her vibrancy, her spirit and her heart of gold. She and the hero had great chemistry but I felt like the book wasn't focused enough on their relationship and towards the end I was skipping the pages because I was bored. It really went down hill and fell flat in the last pages.
Dalia
Jan 17, 2013 Dalia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
H acts like a mistrustful jerk most of the time cuz he had been badly hurt in the past. But he has a tender streak and - the most important thing - he knows how to grovel and beg h forgiveness. And h is no one doormat. She stands for herself and gives as much as she gets. This is the third and last book in the Anetakis Tycoons series and it is always fun to revisit old characters and to see them living their HEA.
 B.E.Love
Oct 16, 2012 B.E.Love rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After meeting on vacation Jewels and Piers spend the night together, then days later while Jewels begins her new job she finds out that Piers is her new boss and is fired that day. Five months later Jewels has nowhere to turn but Piers when her Pregnancy turns high risk and isn't allowed to leave the hospital without someone to watch over her. Piers is shocked to find Jewels five months pregnant when he sees her and more shocked when she tells him that the baby is his. But Piers has been though ...more
Mariana Bezerra
As much as I liked Theron story, I just couldn't quite enjoy this one that much. I know it seems quite obvious from the first book that Piers had some trouble with woman in the past taking in consideration how he reacted when first heard about Marley and Bella, so this book was mostly to explain that story and make him see that not every woman was like that one who broke his heart.

I actually fealt sorry for Jewel, especially when her friend explained how much she has suffered in the past and aft
Fiona Marsden
Aug 24, 2014 Fiona Marsden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third in the series and not unlike the 1st in the secret baby trope. Jewel is a girl with no home who travels from place to place working her way around the world. When she meets Piers, she finds a strange connection with him and they share a memorable night.

Only trouble is that Piers doesn't do workplace relationships and her new job is as his PA. In his haste to get rid of her, he accidentally gets her fired and chucked off the resort when he only intended her to be moved or paid o
Dee
Feb 19, 2013 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was in the mood for a book that would hook me from the very beginning, and would be something I could breeze through quickly. I definitely got that with The Tycoon's Secret Affair. This is only the 2nd book I've read by Maya Banks. I didn't like the 1st one I read, but I enjoyed this story very much. The book description speaks for itself so I won't bother summarizing, however I would like to mention I thought it was an extrememly cruel turn of events when (view spoiler) ...more
Amanda Sheila
Well, I liked it!

Jewel and Piers met at his hotel, having an amazing night together and the next day they went separate ways. But it turns out, Piers is Jewel's boss! Piers couldn't handle a relationship with employes, that's why he fired Jewel. But five months later, Jewel's in hospital. And pregnant.

I liked this book! Exactly like Pregnant series, but less angsty. I don't really like Piers for doubting Jewel, but then again it makes sense.

So far so good, very typical of Maya Banks. ;)
SandraE
Feb 25, 2012 SandraE rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I admit i find the Greek terms of endearment are very cheesy but it is still a nice book. It does make me wonder how there can be so many foreign millionaires who keep on accidentally knocking up women and then falling madly in love with them.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Great closing to the trilogy! I only wish I had read them in order.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Hmmmmmm this story was just ok for me. I did not like Piers really from start to finish. Not a nice man.
Laela
Apr 02, 2012 Laela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
Neither or the characters were very believable.I got 80 pages in and felt like the author was finished wirting the story but I got stuck reading another 80 pages.
Paula
Oct 19, 2014 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
mais um romance lindo da Maya.
Jessica
Hah! He deserved to be kicked out of her life, but it won't make this book has a HEA. Lol. It was nice to see him begging and crawling under her feet.
♡PıNaR DeğiRmeNci ♡
Ve bu kardeşler de bitti.
Bir şey dikkatimi çekti bu kapaklar ne alaka ya çok güldüm kesinlikle uymuyor kitaptaki erkek karektere
Neyse konu yine hızlı başladı. Tabiki herseyi bilerek okudum kadının dilini öğrendim artık ama iyiydi yinede çerezlik bir seri yüz sayfalik şeyler.
Ama yine söylüyorum beynimi rahatlatıyor böyle kitaplar dünyadan uzaklaşıp hayal alemine giriyorum:)
Netha
Sep 21, 2012 Netha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: conte-rom
Jewel Henley, di hari pertamanya bekerja di sbg assistan piers anetakis anetakis kaget mendapati boss nya ternyata adl pria asing mempesona yang kemarin ditemuinya & berakhir menjadi one night lover-nya???
Berusaha membuat hal itu tidak masalah, jewel bersedia melupakan & menekan semuanya demi pekerjaan yg sangat diperlukannya & sbg assistant piers anetakis kehidupannya bisa berubah.
Tapi jewel tidak menyangka akan mendapati dirinya dipecat….

Piers Anetakis sendiri tidak menyangka akan
Kaycee ❤️
The Tycoon's Secret Affair by Maya Banks is the third and final installment from the Trilogy The Anetakis Tycoons. And in this book, it features Piers Anestakis’ story. I read about him in the first two books but I didn’t know much about Piers until I’ve finished reading this one. And I can say that Maya Banks produced another wonderfully written story that hooks her readers from the first page up to the last.

Piers Anestakis is one of the Anestakis gorgeous men who have his heart broken by the
Jennifer Kirkey
Sep 14, 2016 Jennifer Kirkey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The story of a boss's big surprise by #1 NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR MAYA BANKS

It was only supposed to be a vacation romance: passionate, exciting—and short-lived. But when Jewel Henley arrived for her first day of work at a new job, she realized her exotic lover was in fact Piers Anetakis, her boss. A boss who had a strict rule about not getting involved with his employees. Before she knew it, Jewel found herself without a job…and pregnant.

Now, five months later, Piers fi

Ashley F
Review posted @ http://tsukibooks.blogspot.com

Only Maya Banks can write books with these premises. Of course the girl sleeps with her boss not knowing who he is. Of course he gets her fired. Of course she gets pregnant after one night and his 'Greek Honor' demanded they marry. Of course there was an epic happily ever after coming.

Seriously Ms. Banks has some sort of flair for the ridiculous outcomes that are so awesome you forget how ridiculous they really are. After The Mistress aka Anetekis Bk
Melody Cox
Jan 17, 2014 Melody Cox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jewel Henley had no idea that she had just spent the night in the arms of her new boss, not until she arrived for her first and last day of work at Anetakis Hotels. When she fled the hotel with an empty wallet and a broken heart, she wasn't alone. She unknowingly carried Piers Anetakis's child.

Piers Anetakis has been doing his best to track down Jewel Henley, his one-night lover, without any success. He is determined to locate and explain to Jewel the mistakes that were made in her release from
Lin #Historical lover...❤️
Book 1 was a disappointment. Book 2 was 5 stars... so I really had high hopes for this one.
This book had unnessary drama interupted by unfounded declarations of love. Uck!

Sad to say it but except for book 2 I'm really disappointed in Maya Banks for this series. Is it the publishers to blame??? Do they dictate the formula??

I understand the deep seated damage both MCs carry around because of their past... But neither character is consistent an hence credible in their roles. NONE of their decisions
IamGamz
The final book of the series. I enjoyed this book and the series.

Piers, the dark Anetakis brother, learns that a one night stand with Jewel has resulted in pregnancy. Although he has doubts about the paternity of the baby, he still chooses to take on the responsibility of caring for Jewel when he learns of her serious health concerns.

Jewel knows that she is carrying Piers' baby and accepts his offer of assistance even though he doubts her. She knows that she needs his help if not for her sake,
Sharreb
Jan 06, 2013 Sharreb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maya Banks had a way of giving us a nice romance story charge with passion and emotion even though the book length isnt particularly long. Jewel's background is sad and unfortunate. i find their story to be mix of love & lust at first sight. I love the interaction of brothers and sisters-in-law- cute and warm and sweet. His distrust in her is wellfounded and though he was really out of the line accusing her of trying to scam money out of him while carrying someone else's baby just like it ha ...more
Alice M. Black
Este libro es atrayente, fluye bien, en ocasiones hace que el corazón se te congoje, y muy romántico, pero tiene el mismo problema que casi todos los libros de Harlequin, sin desmerecer, me encanta esa editorial. y es el que los hombres son fuertes machos agerridos y territoriales, que enamoran a inocentes o desprotegidas chicas, aunque a veces por lo menos son independientes y con carácter, a veces, y que las tratan pesimo durante el libro, y al final se dan cuenta que fueron unos imbeciles arr ...more
HÜLYA
Sep 02, 2012 HÜLYA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yuva Özlemi-Maya Banks

Bu ayki Harlrquin Desire serisinde yine Anatakis Erkekleri vardı bu sefer en küçük oğlan kardeş Piers Anetakis'in macerasıydı..
Piers'in derinlerde gömdüğü ve unutmaya çalıştığı büyük bir acısı vardı..O yüzden hiç bir kadına güvenmiyor ve personeli ile ilişkiye girmemem prensibini bozmuyordu ta ki Jewel Henley ile yolu kesişene kadar..
Jewel ile Piers birbirlerinin kim olduklarını bilmeden çektiler birbirlerini..İkisi de birbirlerinden çok etkilenmilerdi..Ama ertesi sabah gel
Robin
Apr 06, 2013 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I must have picked this book up and put it down 20 times in the store. I don't know why I couldn't make up my mind about it. I later while looking up another harlequin, saw reviews on this story. I got it based on a bad review, which happens a lot. Jewel is a strong caring person. Peirce is a bit over barring but he has his reasons. I love how jewel brought out his emotions. He does have a jerky moment when they are going over the prenup and it says in case of a divorce peirce gets full custody ...more
Tonya Warner
Piers Anetakis has been used before by a woman claiming to be pregnant with his child. His family has also been burned by romance in the workplace. When one-night-stand, Jewel Henley, turned out to be his new personal assistant, he wanted her job moved so there was no conflict. Instead, she was fired. Five months later, she is alone, pregnant, and in need of support for a medical condition threating her and the child.

Jewel has known a lifetime of rejection. She knows that family and love are nev
Karla
Oct 30, 2011 Karla rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, 3-contemporary
Piers Anteakis was burned before, by a woman, so he swore never to love again. When his brother was betrayed by his assistant, he decided to be extra cautious to the people he lets around at work. One night he meets a sexy stranger and indulges in a one night stand, when a few days later his new assistant comes to the office and realizes both women are one and the same, he asks human resources to get rid of her. Five months later Jewel is in need of help and calls Piers, the logical solution to ...more
The World of Maya...: * 3.The Tycoon's Secret Affair 2 9 May 31, 2013 02:18PM
  • One Last Night
  • His Royal Love-Child (Royal Brides, #4; Scorsolini Princes, #2)
  • Dante: Claiming His Secret Love-Child (Orisini Brothers, #2)
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • The Contaxis Baby (Greek Tycoons #14)
  • Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress (The Takeover, #1)
  • The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5)
  • Marrying for King's Millions (Kings of California, #2)
  • The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)
  • Having the Billionaire's Baby
  • His Expectant Ex (The Landis Brothers, #2)
  • One Night, Two Babies (Illegitimate Heirs #5)
  • Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Behind the Palace Walls
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...

The Anetakis Tycoons (3 books)
  • The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (Anetakis Tycoons, #1)
  • The Tycoon's Rebel Bride (The Anetakis Tycoons, #2)