Start by marking “Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #4; Were-Hunter, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #4; Were-Hunter, #2)

Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  44,953 ratings  ·  1,291 reviews
Zarek's Point of View:

Dark-Hunter: A soulless guardian who stands between mankind and those who would see mankind destroyed. Yeah, right. The only part of that Code of Honor I got was eternity and solitude.

Insanity: A condition many say I suffer from after being alone for so long. But I don't suffer from my insanity-I enjoy every minute of it.

Trust: I can't trust anyone.
Published April 1st 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published November 28th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Dance with the Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance with the Devil

Alkyoni
I’m really not getting any points for originality, am I?

Dark Hunter Flashcard #3

Name: Zarek

Age: 2,150 give or take

Former Occupation: Greek slave to the Romans

Special D.H. power: Telekinesis, Enchanted hearing, Energy blasting, Pissing everybody off…

Reason why he became a D.H.: The Romans were beating the crap out of him since the day he was born.

Best thing that came out of his mouth: I don't suffer from my insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it.

He finds his one true love when: She is sent to jud
Carmen
Nov 02, 2014 Carmen rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance fans
Shelves: romance, fiction
3 REAL STARS, 5 ROMANCE STARS - Yes, this an elusive "5-star-romance' that I rarely stumble upon.
...

DISCLAIMER: This review has some discussions about the correct use of the word "fuck." If the word "fuck" bothers you, please skip this review. Some sex will also be discussed, although not graphically.
...

Zarek has had a rough life. Born with his father a nobleman and his mother a whore, his mother paid some servants to kill him by leaving him in the snow to die. But a servant took pity on him, an
Julianna
Sep 21, 2010 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of PNR Romance, Dark-Hunters, or Sherrilyn Kenyon
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" At last.....another Dark-Hunter book that I could really sink my teeth into (pun intended;-)). I had greatly enjoyed the first book of the series, Fantasy Lover, but the stories in between that book and Dance with the Devil had left me feeling underwhelmed and less than satisfied. As I suspected it might, Dance with the Devil gave me a meatier tale with two well-developed characters that I could totally root for and who were very relatable, as well as getting
Lindsay
Upon revisiting this (long time) favorite of mine, I decided that Zarek deserved a review.

This was my first Sherrilyn Kenyon book (once upon a time) and it was the book that started my love of the Dark-Hunters. Zarek has remained my favorite hero all this time, and while there are others that I love, none match Zarek for me. Every glimpse of him throughout the series is a treasured moment.

Reading Zarek's story breaks my heart. He was a truly tortured hero who deserves all the good things in li
UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva

This fourth book in Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series is one of my favorites. Zarek is an incredible hero with a horribly tortured soul. I wept for him, and I was angry in his behalf... words can't express just how much I adore him.

Interestingly enough, Zarek is one of the most tormented heroes I can think of, next to Zsadist, Brother extraordinaire from the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Zarek and Zsadist... hmmmm.... must be a "Z" thing.
Laura the Highland Hussy
I have a love/hate relationship with Sherrilyn Kenyon. I love her world, her writing and her characters. I hate that all of her men are tortured and self-hating. Could we have one male who likes himself and his inner child? Other than that, I liked this story. Zarek was last seen protecting Sunshine and Talon (so un-Zarek-like) and we catch up with him as he's being flown back to his Alaskan prison. Astrid is the judge who Themis sent to either save him or kill him. Is Zarek really insane as eve ...more
Leah
Fani
Zarek is a Dark Hunter, who has commited some terrible act in the past -about 1000 years ago- and was punished in exile in Alaska during all this time. Every other Dark-Hunter avoids him and is forbidden to talk with him. He's consider insane and dangerous and his creator, goddess Artemis, demands his execution. Acheron, leader of the Dark Hunters, steps in and asks for a judge to decide whether Zarek should live or die: the judge is to be Astrid, daughter of Thetis.

Zarek, is the epitome of a to
Ravioli Rachel
I loved this one!!!

Zarek is such a tortured soul. I cried while reading through his memories of his human life. Granted I cry easily but his past is so tragically sad that you can't help but love him.

Astrid was lovely. She saw Zarek for who he really was and stopped at nothing to show him love...

loveyou

So far, this one is my favorite in the series. Each book just gets better than the last, I can't wait to read the next one :).

dance
Arlene
Dance with the Devil is the third installment in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunter series. I’ve really enjoyed these books because they are filled with a ton of great characters and packed with fast-paced action.

In this book, we meet Zarek who is a soulless Dark Hunter responsible for protecting mankind from the Daimons that want to destroy humans. Z’s past is long and tortured and when the story commences we learn that the goddess Artemis is about to condemn him to death for crimes that go against
Marulett
I´m only four books into the series, but it just keeps getting better and better!!!

Thanks Aly for recommending this series :)))

My Zarek:

✿Alyssa✿
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up:

(Zarek's Point of View)

Insanity: A condition many say I suffer from after being alone for so long. But I don't suffer from my insanity- I enjoy every minute of it.

Trust: I can't trust anyone... not even myself. The only thing I trust in is my ability to do t
Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus
There is not a rating I can give this book. It beats any expectations I had and then some!

My heart ached, bled, & cried for Zarek. I don't think I have read another character so tormented and abused as him. I wanted to throw my hands into the book and wrap him up around me.

He was hard done by, by a lot of people but he still cared in his way. Still put everyone's else needs before his.

I adored Astrid, I honestly could not fault her nor could I fault this book.

Oh and the introduction to Je
Tilly Slaton
Dance with the Devil is the Dark-Hunter story of Zarek and Astrid.

Zarek’s character is somewhat similar to Zsadist’s. Somewhat. He’s the darker, scarier, more evil of the team. Unfortunately, Zarek’s character doesn’t stand a chance next to Zsadist. Tossed away by his mother to die, beaten by his father and brothers as a slave, Zarek hates everyone. He’s mean. He’s nasty. He’s just your all around asshole.

“You are worthless, slave. Good for nothing at all. You’re not even worth the scraps it tak
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
What a beautiful book. This is by far the best of the series I've read so far. A well 5 star deserving read.

This time we're with Zarek, the antisocial Dark-Hunter who hates everything and everyone, and Astrid, the daughter of the goddess of Justice who's charged with the 'judgment' of Zarek to determine whether he could live with others or should die.

I gotta say, Astrid's got a handful. I absolutely loved her, I think she may be my favourite female of the series so far, she was determined, stron
Steph
Zarek is one of the characters i absolutely adore! His story is a real heartbreaker. The part when he begs for the others to let him inside, and he's left out in the cold! "Let me in, Ash, I swear I'll behave. I swear it. Please don't leave me out here alone. I don't want to be cold anymore. Please!" This is the only time I have ever had bad feelings toward Ash. I can't believe they would all be so cruel. I couldn't stop a few tears from falling. But that's what's incredible about this book. Al ...more
Holly
Feb 26, 2010 Holly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the Dark Hunter series/tortured heroes
5+++ Stars
*All Time Favorite Book List*

This book inspired so many emotions for me.

Long before I fell in love with the King of all Tortured Heroes, Zsadist (from JR Ward's brilliant Black Dagger Brotherhood series), there was Zarek. A truly frightening lone-wolf assassian who delights in shocking and scaring the hell out of anyone who even attempts to get to know him.

Zarek's backstory is heartbreaking. And in fact, a lot of the flashback scenes are a bit hard to read. But that only made me love t
Exina
“Dying’s easy. It’s living that’s hard.”

No doubt, "Dance with the Devil" is a perfect romance, the beautiful love story of Zarek and Astrid.
Certainly, there is a plot and fast-paced action, suffering and dread, twists and turns, revealed secrets, humor, fascinating secondary characters, and one of the most heartbreaking background story ever.

But the main attraction of the novel is the story of the two of them, the development of the love and relationship of Astrid and Zarek.
Their every though
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Zarek is as cold as the Alaska air he breathes in. As an outcast among outcasts, he is the one Dark Hunter that even the most deadliest of gods fear. I was very interested to read his book because in NIGHT EMBRACE, Kenyon shows a different side to Zarek. His attachment to Sunshine, Talon’s girl is strong and what he does for them has me intrigued.

In DANCE WITH THE DEVIL, we see the same standoff-ish attitude that is characteristic to Zarek, but there’s also something I
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: 4.5/5

“I’m not prejudiced against anyone, princess. I hate everyone equally.”

Wow, Sherrilyn Kenyon likes to put her characters through the ringer. This was my first Kenyon book and I’m hooked. I figure there might be a few readers out there like me who have never read the Dark-Hunter series, and I did something I normally try to avoid, started a series not from the beginning. I wanted to see if Dance with the Devil reads as a stand alone and
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Emotional and heart-rending do not begin to describe Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dance with the Devil.

We were first introduced to the dark and tortured character of Zarek in the last DH installment, Night Embrace where he didn't make too many friends but Acheron still held hope for him. In Dance with the Devil, Zarek is leaving New Orleans and returning home to Alaska when Artemis sends out a Justice Nymph to judge him, and ultimately decide his fate. Astride, baby sister of the Fates, must judge Zarek
Vilda
Without a doubt the best book in the series so far! I absolutely loved Z and Astrid together, but also the fact that we got to know some more about Acheron as well as Simi. Gosh, I love those two already. I cannot wait to find out more about this wonderful world and its' characters!

Here's a little tease from two of my favorite Simi scenes:
'While they argued, Simi floated around the room, making a list in a small leather-bound book. "Ooo, let's see, I need to get my spicy barbecue sauce. Definit
I literally couldn't put this book down. Finished it in a few hours.
I LOVED Zareks story and next to Zsadist in BDB he's my new favorite tortured hero.............

This book had it ALL. Great action, hot and steamy sex scenes, heartbreak (reading Zareks memories of his past was gut wrenching) and even had the comical. Simi was HILARIOUS and wish there was a lot more of her in the book.

and of course my HEA that I so love...........Zarek deserved his HEA and so much more.........

These books are get
Tessa Teevan
Each book gets better and better. I am officially obsessed with the Dark Hunter Universe. I absolutely loved, adored, and swooned over Zarek!

description

Bry
Oh Zarek you poor tortured soul. Geeze you're hot.

This book was extremely surprising. I was totally looking forward to it in the series because I knew I would really love Zarek, but I also totally loved how the author handled this character.

This book focused on communication. The characters did not just have isnta-love and a happy ending. They got to know one another both through actual conversations and their dream sharing. And the huge benefit of the author taking this path is that the reader
Ronda  Tutt
UKSandy
Lelyana Taufik
Dari semua Dark Hunter, barangkali nasib masa lalu Zarek ini yang paling kelam.
Banyak juga penderitaan Zarek sebelum dia mati,dan di selamat kan Acheron dan jadi Dark Hunter.

Karena kesalahan nya di New Orleans saan membantu Talon dan Sunshine, Zarek kembali di asingkan dan menjadi sasaran Artemis untuk di musnah kan. Dengan menugaskan Thanatos, yg hanya bisa di kalah kan oleh Acheron, jadi lah Zarek buruan mereka. Ash yang tidak percaya Zarek bersalah, meminta bantuan Astrid, hakim dan dewi kead
Tina
Now this is what I am talking about! This book is so far the best in the series that I've read. This is supposedly book 4 in the Dark-Hunter series, but since Fantasy Lover , the supposed first book in the series, makes no mention of the Dark Hunters etc, I consider this book really being number 3.

But that is just me being anal, nitpicky and cranky.

Zarek was introduced in book 2(or 3) Night Embrace and almost ran away with the book, imo. He is feared, hated, mean, nasty and surprisingly not as e
Pınar
Yazara bayılıyorum ya. Yine, yine güzel bir kitaptı (:
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Tapestry (Were-Hunter, #0.5; Highlander, #8; De Piaget, #10)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2)
  • Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
  • Elijah (Nightwalkers, #3)
  • Dark Desire (Dark, #2)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter companion novel) Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #8) Night Play (Were-Hunter, #1) Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)

“I don't suffer from my insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it.” 2150 likes