Start by marking “Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #4; Were-Hunter, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #4; Were-Hunter, #2)

Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)

4.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  51,198 Ratings  ·  1,561 Reviews
Zarek's Point of View:

Dark-Hunter: A soulless guardian who stands between mankind and those who would see mankind destroyed. Yeah, right. The only part of that Code of Honor I got was eternity and solitude.

Insanity: A condition many say I suffer from after being alone for so long. But I don't suffer from my insanity-I enjoy every minute of it.

Trust: I can't trust anyone...
Published April 1st 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published November 28th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Dance with the Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance with the Devil

Alkyoni
I’m really not getting any points for originality, am I?

Dark Hunter Flashcard #3

Name: Zarek

Age: 2,150 give or take

Former Occupation: Greek slave to the Romans

Special D.H. power: Telekinesis, Enchanted hearing, Energy blasting, Pissing everybody off…

Reason why he became a D.H.: The Romans were beating the crap out of him since the day he was born.

Best thing that came out of his mouth: I don't suffer from my insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it.

He finds his one true love when: She is sent to jud
I felt quite sorry for Zarek in this one, he’d had a terrible life and hadn’t even been shown love by his own father. He and Astrid made a good couple though.

6.5 out of 10
Carmen
Mar 02, 2016 Carmen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance fans
3 REAL STARS, 5 ROMANCE STARS - Yes, this an elusive "5-star-romance' that I rarely stumble upon.
...

DISCLAIMER: This review has some discussions about the correct use of the word "fuck." If the word "fuck" bothers you, please skip this review. Some sex will also be discussed, although not graphically.
...

Zarek has had a rough life. Born with his father a nobleman and his mother a whore, his mother paid some servants to kill him by leaving him in the snow to die. But a servant took pity on him, an
Julianna
Sep 21, 2010 Julianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of PNR Romance, Dark-Hunters, or Sherrilyn Kenyon
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" At last.....another Dark-Hunter book that I could really sink my teeth into (pun intended;-)). I had greatly enjoyed the first book of the series, Fantasy Lover, but the stories in between that book and Dance with the Devil had left me feeling underwhelmed and less than satisfied. As I suspected it might, Dance with the Devil gave me a meatier tale with two well-developed characters that I could totally root for and who were very relatable, as well as getting
Lindsay
Upon revisiting this (long time) favorite of mine, I decided that Zarek deserved a review.

This was my first Sherrilyn Kenyon book (once upon a time) and it was the book that started my love of the Dark-Hunters. Zarek has remained my favorite hero all this time, and while there are others that I love, none match Zarek for me. Every glimpse of him throughout the series is a treasured moment.

Reading Zarek's story breaks my heart. He was a truly tortured hero who deserves all the good things in li
Jilly
My favorite one so far! I love me a damaged hottie who just needs someone to love him in order to fix him.

So, this is Zarek's story. He had one messed-up life - but I guess they all did in order to become Dark Hunters. Zarek was a whipping boy and then a slave during his mortal life. He was beaten daily, to the point of being disfigured when he met Ash. Luckily, Ash was able to restore his body before becoming a Dark Hunter. Of course, no one could restore his soul. Dun dun dun!!! So, he turned
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

This fourth book in Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series is one of my favorites. Zarek is an incredible hero with a horribly tortured soul. I wept for him, and I was angry in his behalf... words can't express just how much I adore him.

Interestingly enough, Zarek is one of the most tormented heroes I can think of, next to Zsadist, Brother extraordinaire from the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Zarek and Zsadist... hmmmm.... must be a "Z" thing.
Alp
I loved this book!

When I picked up this one, I didn't expect a ton of mixed emotions that would flood over me; the compassion, the pain, the depression, the tenderness, and the happiness. This story was not only much better than the previous one, but also held itself and my hands together like glue! (hahaha)

Zarek was the hero whose emotions were badly damaged. He had a very miserable life before he died, and later became a Dark-Hunter. Ever since he could remember, he was repeatedly tortured and
Laura the Highland Hussy
I have a love/hate relationship with Sherrilyn Kenyon. I love her world, her writing and her characters. I hate that all of her men are tortured and self-hating. Could we have one male who likes himself and his inner child? Other than that, I liked this story. Zarek was last seen protecting Sunshine and Talon (so un-Zarek-like) and we catch up with him as he's being flown back to his Alaskan prison. Astrid is the judge who Themis sent to either save him or kill him. Is Zarek really insane as eve ...more
Juli
Jan 05, 2016 Juli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, 2016
Pense que este libro no me iba a gustar tanto como los anteriores y me equivoque, TERMINE AMANDO A ZAREK
Artemisa es una puta que merece morir,
Adore a Simi
Y me encanta Ash
Sasha me hizo reir mucho!
Sin lugar a dudas este libro entro en mi corazon
Fani
Zarek is a Dark Hunter, who has commited some terrible act in the past -about 1000 years ago- and was punished in exile in Alaska during all this time. Every other Dark-Hunter avoids him and is forbidden to talk with him. He's consider insane and dangerous and his creator, goddess Artemis, demands his execution. Acheron, leader of the Dark Hunters, steps in and asks for a judge to decide whether Zarek should live or die: the judge is to be Astrid, daughter of Thetis.

Zarek, is the epitome of a to
Leah
Marulett
Im only four books into the series, but it just keeps getting better and better!!!

Thanks Aly for recommending this series :)))

My Zarek:

Ravioli Rachel
Feb 26, 2013 Ravioli Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one!!!

Zarek is such a tortured soul. I cried while reading through his memories of his human life. Granted I cry easily but his past is so tragically sad that you can't help but love him.

Astrid was lovely. She saw Zarek for who he really was and stopped at nothing to show him love...

loveyou

So far, this one is my favorite in the series. Each book just gets better than the last, I can't wait to read the next one :).

dance
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
this was cute! And this series hasn't tended towards the cute, so I'm happy with this one! I'm hit or miss on the rest of the books, but I enjoyed this one!
Gary
Nov 22, 2015 Gary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all time favs z is one of my favs out of this series five out of five all the way round
Veronica Del Rosa
This is my 5th re-read and I still love this book. Zarak is by far my most favourite asshole character. You want to punch him in the face, then give him a big hug. He's been through so much pain and lashes out so he isn't betrayed yet again. He doesn't want to care for anyone as they all screw him over in the end.

What I love best about him is that he doesn't change his character for Astrid. He's still a caustic asshole who enjoys pissing people off, but he lets her see his tender side. For her a
Arlene
Dance with the Devil is the third installment in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunter series. I’ve really enjoyed these books because they are filled with a ton of great characters and packed with fast-paced action.

In this book, we meet Zarek who is a soulless Dark Hunter responsible for protecting mankind from the Daimons that want to destroy humans. Z’s past is long and tortured and when the story commences we learn that the goddess Artemis is about to condemn him to death for crimes that go against
Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus
There is not a rating I can give this book. It beats any expectations I had and then some!

My heart ached, bled, & cried for Zarek. I don't think I have read another character so tormented and abused as him. I wanted to throw my hands into the book and wrap him up around me.

He was hard done by, by a lot of people but he still cared in his way. Still put everyone's else needs before his.

I adored Astrid, I honestly could not fault her nor could I fault this book.

Oh and the introduction to Je
Estefanía Álvarez
Jan 25, 2016 Estefanía Álvarez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tengo
Es mi favorito hasta el momento ^^
CC
There are already tons of reviews with significant information about the plot so I will try to be brief.

I loved the hero Zarek. I feel pain and sorrow thinking about his life both before and after he became an immortal. The facts of his life are HORRIBLE. It is not possible to not be affected by it. So this is not an easy book to read. I will say that this did not make me cry. It made me rage! I wanted to hurt something/someone. I found myself taking long walks to work off some steam. I was not
Exina
“Dying’s easy. It’s living that’s hard.”

No doubt, Dance with the Devil is a perfect romance, the beautiful love story of Zarek and Astrid.
Certainly, there is a plot and fast-paced action, suffering and dread, twists and turns, revealed secrets, humor, fascinating secondary characters, and one of the most heartbreaking background story ever.

But the main attraction of the novel is the story of the two of them, the development of the love and relationship of Astrid and Zarek.
Their every thoug
Shelves: 4-star
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up:

(Zarek's Point of View)

Insanity: A condition many say I suffer from after being alone for so long. But I don't suffer from my insanity- I enjoy every minute of it.

Trust: I can't trust anyone... not even myself. The only thing I trust in is my ability to do t
Tilly Slaton
Dance with the Devil is the Dark-Hunter story of Zarek and Astrid.

Zarek’s character is somewhat similar to Zsadist’s. Somewhat. He’s the darker, scarier, more evil of the team. Unfortunately, Zarek’s character doesn’t stand a chance next to Zsadist. Tossed away by his mother to die, beaten by his father and brothers as a slave, Zarek hates everyone. He’s mean. He’s nasty. He’s just your all around asshole.

“You are worthless, slave. Good for nothing at all. You’re not even worth the scraps it tak
Holly
Feb 26, 2010 Holly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the Dark Hunter series/tortured heroes
5+++ Stars
*All Time Favorite Book List*

This book inspired so many emotions for me.

Long before I fell in love with the King of all Tortured Heroes, Zsadist (from JR Ward's brilliant Black Dagger Brotherhood series), there was Zarek. A truly frightening lone-wolf assassian who delights in shocking and scaring the hell out of anyone who even attempts to get to know him.

Zarek's backstory is heartbreaking. And in fact, a lot of the flashback scenes are a bit hard to read. But that only made me love t
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in the Dark-Hunter series, fourth in The Entire Dark-Hunterverse series and seventh in the Dark-Hunterverse series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Zarek heads back to Alaska and knows his death in imminent. But he is going to go down fighting for all he's worth. Acheron persuades Artemis to stop the hit and send a judge to Zarek. He will be judged and if found guilty then the hit stands. But Thanatos, the assassin, ignores the halt and goes after Zarek anyway. Astrid is the judge sent to Zar ...more
Krissy
Zarek Zarek Zarek... you break my heart and I love you.
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
What a beautiful book. This is by far the best of the series I've read so far. A well 5 star deserving read.

This time we're with Zarek, the antisocial Dark-Hunter who hates everything and everyone, and Astrid, the daughter of the goddess of Justice who's charged with the 'judgment' of Zarek to determine whether he could live with others or should die.

I gotta say, Astrid's got a handful. I absolutely loved her, I think she may be my favourite female of the series so far, she was determined, stron
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Zarek is as cold as the Alaska air he breathes in. As an outcast among outcasts, he is the one Dark Hunter that even the most deadliest of gods fear. I was very interested to read his book because in NIGHT EMBRACE, Kenyon shows a different side to Zarek. His attachment to Sunshine, Talon’s girl is strong and what he does for them has me intrigued.

In DANCE WITH THE DEVIL, we see the same standoff-ish attitude that is characteristic to Zarek, but there’s also something I
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica #4)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark #3)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Darkness Everlasting (Guardians of Eternity, #3)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
  • Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #11)

“I don't suffer from my insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it.” 2299 likes