Start by marking “The Dopefiend (The Dopeman, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dopefiend (The Dopeman, #2)

The Dopefiend (The Dopeman #2)

4.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,255 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
A national bestselling author invites readers to walk in the shoes of a dopefiend and feel her pain as she tells the story of her life--the good, the bad, and the ugly--in this second novel of the Dopeman's Trilogy.
Published May 1st 2010 by Urban (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Dopefiend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dopefiend

Quan
Apr 21, 2012 Quan rated it really liked it
I love everything that JaQuavis and Ashley writes. I think that JaQuavis did a good job on this book and I can't wait to read the Dopeman:Memoirs of A Snitch next week. The only problem that I had with the story is the part where Millie went to see Apple in jail but was told he was dead on page 193, but on page 189 Millie had put flowers on Apples grave while visiting Hazel's grave site, so she already knew he was dead. I felt sorry for Hazel, she finally got off of drugs which can be very diffi ...more
Ashlee
Mar 18, 2013 Ashlee rated it really liked it
Good story but how did Millie put flowers on Apples grave then later visits him in jail only to find out he's dead!?! Also a lot of other corrections needed to be made! For Jaquavis to have this many mistakes in one of his books!?
Eva Leger
Monique
Dec 07, 2011 Monique rated it really liked it
The Dopefiend by Jaquavis Coleman - 4 stars
This is straight up gangsta. The block is hot and the street team is loyal until one dopefiend puts a twist in the game. The storyline is tight but there are several errors in timing and grammar. I can't wait until the final installment of the trilogy.
Sandra.
Mar 11, 2012 Sandra. rated it really liked it
I expected this book to be a little more interesting and it was... towards the end. The beginning had way too much backstory and seemed like it took forever for the story to pick up. I'm interested in reading part 3 to see how the trilogy ends.
Tailyn
I just can't get into the book2, seems kinda slow, book1 ended with off good bang, but book to does not have me interested. and surprising for me because i'm a BIG fan of Jaquavis work.
Jennell Rolle
Oct 28, 2010 Jennell Rolle rated it really liked it
i just finished reading last nite i like this book alot mad who dies thought but it was good and the end is really a twist..i read it in 3days
Kellee
Dec 03, 2011 Kellee rated it liked it
Shelves: not-all-that
This book was ok. Nothing special. It was sad at times. This book is not something I would recommend to anyone. It only gets 3 stars.
Ebony Scimens
Oct 27, 2014 Ebony Scimens rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. hated who had to die and I wish seven wouldn't have been so damn stubborn. great read
Ney Ney
May 26, 2011 Ney Ney rated it it was amazing
The Ending is bitter sweet! I cant wait for the last book of the trilogy to come out!
Lesa Divine)
May 04, 2010 Lesa Divine) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-it, i-own
Shamone Sharif
Jul 15, 2015 Shamone Sharif rated it it was amazing
Wow.....Millie because strung all the way out after Tical's death. Even worst she pulled Hazel into her chaotic life at sixteen. I felt so sorry for Hazel I had so much hope for her.....Millie was so trifling. Everything was her fault. I can't say I was a fan of Seven after how he cut Hazel off smh. Crazy how the tables turned and Millie switched everything up.to go after Seven and still ended up losing in the
Mel
Oct 19, 2015 Mel rated it liked it
Typical read from this duo. Not up to their usual standard. But enjoyable nonetheless. 3.5 stars. Hazel is addicted to heroin. She was introduced to it by her friend (and former caretaker at a group home) Millie. After she cleans herself up, thanks to her incarcerated fathers protege Seven... Things don't automatically go happily ever after.
LaKimba Chatman-Jones
Great read!

Addicting! Keeps you wanting more. This book is full of suspense and drama. Definitely a must-read. On to part 3.
Shaveta Brock
Feb 10, 2015 Shaveta Brock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I loved it! So many twists. I loved the end. I wasn't expecting it to end that way. JaQuavis never seems to disappoint me!
Kim
Nov 27, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: street-lit
After reading The Dopeman's Wife Dopeman 1 I would have never expected for Millie to turn out the way she did. It was really a shocking turn of events. Hazel's story was really a heart breaker, you really couldn't help but to root for her the entire time. Too bad things didn't turn out well for her. Seven you just couldn't help but to love him. He had a good heart, and ultimately did what he had to do in the end. I can't wait for the third installment, and hope it is even better.
Treyona Williams
Jun 19, 2015 Treyona Williams rated it it was amazing
love it
Kendra
May 23, 2012 Kendra rated it it was amazing
OMG this book had me on the edge of me seat! I was very surprised that the main character Hazel gets killed and was more surprised how Mille did a turn around, cleaned herself up and came straight for Seven.This book took me through so many differnt emotions of sadness when Hazel dies, anger when Millie kept influencing her to get high, and laughter when Seven reversed everything on Millie. Im defintiely reading book 3 to see what happens now that Seven is still alive and Millie now in jail.
Rachel
Feb 08, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Jaquavis Coleman continues to prove why he rights top notch books. Enjoyed this book from beginning to end. I like how he starts out with each character and develops their stories and once once characters story ends your so engrossed in the other characters that you rarely miss the character that has died. I need to read the first and last book of this trilogy.
Victoria
Nov 29, 2010 Victoria rated it it was amazing
This book is very infuential. This book will touch your heart, make you cry, and all of the above. This book gives great advice on what not to do, and what you can o in situations such as these in the book. This book will help you lean about things that you didnt know or, it can also add on to what you already know.
Lena♥(Nothing Like Your Last,Im Your Present) Lakeisha
"The Dopefiend" is so good! Well,good can't even describe it,it's beyonddd Good!!!jus like "The Dopemans Wife" And I can't wait till' Part3 comes out"

Honetsly, Ashley&JaQuavis never dissapoint me! Rather they write together or seperate*
Trisheana
Jul 06, 2012 Trisheana rated it it was amazing
I fell in love wit Seven..I really wish him n Hazel could've worked out.Millie really pissd me off n this book...I couldn't believe how she turned out.My heart broke for Apple.! #TEAMSEVEN.!
Mirrlees
Dec 10, 2014 Mirrlees rated it really liked it
A few inconsistencies but a good continued story. Again, do I like the e way it ended...NO so I must continue on to part 3. . this dinner serious hustle game.
Rebecca
Jan 30, 2013 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great....kept me interested from the 1st page to the very end. Can't wait to read the 3rd book. If you haven't read this book get on it.
Valerie
Jul 13, 2012 Valerie rated it really liked it
Another Good read by JaQuavis Coleman. I liked the way he tells the other side of the Dope Game, the dopefiend has a story too.
Nikki Trotter
Nov 11, 2013 Nikki Trotter rated it really liked it
Very good book! Some errors in it and a lot of mistakes, but overall the book was good.
Queen Readers
May 23, 2012 Queen Readers rated it it was amazing

Great read can't wait to read the last book dopeman
Annette Jones
Great book (as always!!!) About to staart on 3rd book of the series!
Shavonne
Aug 12, 2013 Shavonne rated it it was amazing
Lots of background information on the characters. Great ending.
Romunda Ratliff
Jun 17, 2016 Romunda Ratliff rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from beginning to end!! A must read!
  • Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
  • Trife Life To Lavish Part 2 Genesis & Genevieve... Am I My Brother's Keeper
  • Raunchy
  • Working Girls (Flint, #2)
  • Keyshia and Clyde
  • Welfare Wifeys
  • Superstar
  • Material Girl
  • Allure of the Game: A Novel
JaQuavis Coleman also writes (with Ashley Antoinette) as "Ashley & JaQuavis".

JaQUAVIS COLEMAN, the New York Times best-selling author of Dopeman’s Trilogy, first burst onto the scene at the age of eighteen and quickly became a nationwide literary phenomenon. He and his wife Ashley Antoinette have coauthored numerous “street fiction” classics. With the birth of the Cartel series, the “Ashley an
More about JaQuavis Coleman...

The Dopeman (3 books)
  • The Dopeman's Wife (The Dopeman, #1)
  • The Dopeman: Memoirs of a Snitch (The Dopeman, #3)

“The night’s chilled wind blew through the young woman’s hair as the full moon provided illumination, giving the entire park a blue hue.” 0 likes
“You got everything?” Millie asked as she shook nervously while still having a firm grasp on Rico.” 0 likes