Start by marking “Mondays in the Middle East: The Lighter Side of Arabian Nights” as Want to Read:
Mondays in the Middle East: The Lighter Side of Arabian Nights

Mondays in the Middle East: The Lighter Side of Arabian Nights

I began writing Mondays in the Middle East from Bahrain in 1999 to relay cultural insights for a Midwestern radio station. I have tried to maintain two key principles during writing:
1. I want to be respectful of the religious beliefs of the Arab people.
2. I want to poke fun at myself and my own culture as much as I might poke fun at Arab culture.

Mondays in the Middle East
Published November 2nd 2006 by Xulon Press (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mondays in the Middle East, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mondays in the Middle East

Sumit Ghosh
Jun 24, 2016 Sumit Ghosh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After being in Saudi Arabia for three years (for study, honestly), I can vouch for Cross. Although I am personally not very fond of travelling, still my small amount of experiences can easily be extrapolated to Cross's vibrant life. If you are an foreigner, there could be situations when you might feel a bit uncomfortable at the moment, but in no time you will discover an amusing side of it. End of your journey when you go back to your country, and one evening when you are asked to share your ...more
Bethany
Sep 29, 2011 Bethany rated it liked it
Quick, easy read. Broken down in small sections like a blog that give glimpses into the nuances of life in the Arabian Peninsula. I'm living some of his experiences on a daily basis, so it's kind of fun to read.
Marti Wade
May 01, 2013 Marti Wade rated it really liked it
Readers will find this a pleasant and positive look at Middle Eastern practices and perspectives. Cross wrote these winsome and enlightening pieces while living in the Middle East.
Nichole Oehmcke
Nichole Oehmcke rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Adam Walker
Adam Walker rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2011
Madison
Madison rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2011
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2014
Melissa Dion
Melissa Dion rated it liked it
May 31, 2012
Nan
Nan marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2011
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Sep 17, 2014
Basem
Basem marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Sanskriti Tiwari
Sanskriti Tiwari marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Sergiy Grytsiuk
Sergiy Grytsiuk marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2016