Start by marking “Bourbon Affair (Pentacles of Magick #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Bourbon Affair (Pentacles of Magick #2.5)

Bourbon Affair (Pentacles of Magick #2.5)

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  488 ratings  ·  68 reviews
A between the books short from the Pentacles of Magick series. Dennison Scott isn't sure what's going on between he and Jake, the hot bartender at Huey's. But on a sultry night in the South, a little heat and magick can go a long way to figuring it out.
Published July 22nd 2009 by Smashwords, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Bourbon Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bourbon Affair

Confessions of a Sex Addict by Jinni JamesBound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanSasha's Story by Andromeda BlissGalactic Energies by Luca  RossiIn Flight by R.K. Lilley
Erotic Wish List #2
158th out of 184 books — 143 voters
A Table for Three by Lainey ReeseDecadent by Shayla BlackWicked Ties by Shayla BlackPeyton's Pleasure by Marla MonroeDouble Her Pleasure by Marla Monroe
Favorite MM, MMF, MFM Menage Books
339th out of 382 books — 274 voters

More lists with this book...

Laura the Highland Hussy
I enjoyed this hot little filler story from a series I've never read. I don't think it's a stand-alone, BUT I also don't think that detracted from anything.
Jake mentioning Denn's powers and his earth magic made me want to read more, as I love paranormal romance, and this being m/m doesn't change that.
Kati
Elspeth
Jan 05, 2012 Elspeth rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
Meh...
I will not be buying in to this series its just meh.
Bkwyrm
It's a novella or a short story, which I didn't know going into it - a setup for a longer book about these two men and a woman. The whole thing seems rushed and hurried, from the way they meet to the way they wind up in bed. The characters seem interesting and I'm sure they're fleshed out more in the next book, but I thought that's what prequels were for - introducing the characters. In this, the reader is merely introduced to their throbbing erections and urgent need for one another, which fran ...more
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I think I would have enjoyed this more if I had read the series. It was fine, it was stand-alone mostly, but it just didn't have the depth of feeling I think knowing the character(s) beforehand would have given it. But it was still nice.

Half of this book is the short story. The other half is a scene from another book in the series, but there's a good sex scene in it between these two as well.
Jimmy
Nov 03, 2010 Jimmy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebook
Bourbon Affair is a short story part of the Pentacles of Magick series. A hot short story about the night Jake and Denn hook up for a magickal experience at Denn's, after a night of having drinks at Huey's Tavern. A combination of their strong attraction and earth magick will have the two shuddering as they come together.
Sandra
Good little erotic short, I'd be curious to follow these two guys but the next book of theirs isn't on BN or Amazon. Besides, there's some mysterious witch involved and I dunno if I want some hussie joining in with these two hunks. I'll think on it. ;)
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Quick read. Sexy witch indeed!
Naughty Edition Reviews
reviewed by Mel @ naugthyeditionreviews.com

Plot: 3. A bar on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, and two hot guys who���ve been attracted to each other for quite some time finally decide to hook up. Not necessarily the most original plot, but I felt like it could have had potential.

Sex: 3. It really could have been better! I felt like all I got was ���two jerks and a squirt.��� The only scene in the ���book��� could have been more substantial. What could have been a well-written, intense scene, with
Oct 20, 2012 Sarah marked it as to-read
Free on amazon;-)
Alex is The Romance Fox
Perhaps if I had read the previous book in this series but Bourbon Affair, which is a really short filler story just failed to grab me. There was nothing major going on here. as most of the pages had more sex than plot or character development.

This is the first book I have read by this author and I did enjoy her writing style.
But - I had some confused moments in the story that had me going back into the story to find out if I had misread some lines or not and half-way through I was so irritate
Mara Ismine
Rayna
reviewed by Mel @ naugthyeditionreviews.com

Plot: 3. A bar on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, and two hot guys who’ve been attracted to each other for quite some time finally decide to hook up. Not necessarily the most original plot, but I felt like it could have had potential.

Sex: 3. It really could have been better! I felt like all I got was “two jerks and a squirt.” The only scene in the “book” could have been more substantial. What could have been a well-written, intense scene, with an entire
Flory
Despite this being a very short story i was going to give it at least two stars, especially after i found out Denn and Jake's relationship goes on in the following book of the series, but sadly (view spoiler) ...more
Shirley
Probably 3 1/2 .... not quite a 4...

Ok, so I read Untamed Magick (Book 1) and went to Eliza Gayle's website to check out the rest of her books and found this Freebie. I know it falls between Books 2 & 3, but I couldn't resist. It's only 24 pages so it didn't take long to read but there was a lot packed into those 24 pages... yet not quite enough. I just wanted to spend more time with these two. My reasoning is totally selfish. They were great together, but the whole dynamic of their relation
Lisa
My first strictly M/M erotic read. I went with this one because of Eliza Gayle. I like her writing style and wanted my first of this type to be written by a female author.

What I didn't know when I downloaded this for my Kindle is that it's a "between the reads" short, so even though it's a nice "quickie", there is more background that I didn't know about.
The fact that I didn't know about Denn's family background of witches didn't interfere with my enjoyment and the story held up well on it's o
Mel Auslan Osborne
This is book 2.5 in the Pentacles of Magick series a novella which is continued in book 3. This story is a M/M story.....
We meet Jake (a bartender) and Dennison Scott (the 2nd set of twins). Denn notices there is a 'feeling' that only arises when Jake is around. Denn has Earth Magic which really comes to the surface when he spends a steamy night with Jake.
This story is NOT a stand alone novel it is followed up by Jake and Dennison's story in Pentacles of Magick book 3.

Would highly recommend this
Lady
Denn and Jack have dancing around each other since they fist met. Jack works at this tavern that Denn likes to come in and eat and drink at. One night, Denn takes things into his own hands and asks Jack out for drinks and then back to his house. Once they get back to the house, things get hot, steamy, and magical.

This is the second book that I have read by this author and it was okay. This is the first book in this series that I've read and I want to read the ones before and then re-read this on
Cynthia Lanovaz
This book wasn't what I expected
Yianna Yiannacou
Okay free short story. I didn't realize until a couple pages in that this short story was about two guys. I said what the hell and continued reading and finished it. Not my style. One guy was a bartender and the other was a customer who also turned out to be a witch. But aren't male witches supposed to be called warlocks? Whatever. They go back to the witch’s house and hook up. I think there is more to the story since there is a book two, but I don’t think I will read it. Unless it is free, then ...more
Jessica
I downloaded this because it was free. This is a short story from another series about how the 2 characters hook up from what I've read from other reviews. While I liked the authors writing style, I dont think this is a good stand alone book. It's way too short and doesn't give enough background info on the characters involved. Although I will say that it had just the right amount of hot awesomeness that leaves me wanting to read the rest of the series. Gotta find out more about Jake and Denn!!!
Jeanne
I like this as a stand alone story. Pretty much there is a witch named Denn who frequents a bar where Jake works as a bartender. They feel a strong attraction to each other, even though neither of them has ever been in a with another man. It is a story about the beginning of there relationship. Now, I had decided to read to main story about them called Force of Magick. I hated it. You can read my review about it if you want too.
N.L. Riviezzo
I downloaded this ebook for free as I thought the description was good. I discovered, after reading the story, that it is an in-between work for a series. The story was closer to 3 stars but, because it was missing back story, I gave it two stars due to me being a little lost on the storyline. The writing style and the concept behind the series are rather good so I may read further works by Gayle and the series.
Sharon
A between the books short from the Pentacles of Magick series. Dennison Scott is one of the 4 brothers. You have to read this one in combi with book 3 of the series. The characters become more clear in that story. I liked the love affair of the 2 men. It's not clear to me how long they new they were gay... Anyway, it gets spicy when they fall for a girl. Together with the other books, the story fits and I liked it.
L-D
Denn is a powerful witch and Jake is a local bartender. Things heat up between the two and they become lovers. But how is this going to affect the curse if he fails to find and take his empathic mate, a female born into the prophecy? This short gives you a small taste in the relationship between Denn and Jake and how they met. It also made me interested in learning more about the rest of the series.
Kimber Mirabella
Wonderful insight into the start of the relationship between the two characters. I read it because it was free on amazon and I love this author...it lead me into reading their story. Be ready to do the same when you meet these two hot guys and get a peek into the start of their relationship. it will leave you wanting to know more about them and how things turn out.
Nerframie
okay, so I picked up this book because the model on the cover looks like Desmond miles or Ezio from AS creed. and Desmond is also a bartender but this not my point. it was hard for me to read because I kept picturing Desmond, I did finish it and thought the sex was decent and story line was okay. it wad free bonus.
Kathleen
This was picked for me for a challenge but I have not read any of the other books in the series so I felt a little lost. I realize that since it is a little teaser between books it is not meant to be plot heavy. I am guessing if I knew the characters and the world I would have rated this interlude higher.
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
I actually liked this one enough that I wanted to read the next book. This was a great little teaser. I don't know the story behind Denny and Jake. I do know that they have chemistry and I like them. I have to now go find the series and read it! This was a worthwhile free read.
Alex
A quick story that is supposed to be stand-alone, but really works best in connection with the rest of the series, I'm guessing. Mediocre on it, but interested enough that I was considering reading the first book of the series. The description turned me off though.
  • Forgotten Soul (Soul Reader, #1)
  • Language Lessons
  • Red-Eye Dawn (Turbulence, #3)
  • Joy Ride
  • Deliberately Bound (Bound, #3.5)
  • Tomfoolery
  • Wrong Turn (The Shenandoah Pack, #1)
  • New Discoveries (New Discoveries, #1)
  • Swept Up In Blue
  • Measure of Devotion (Measure of Devotion, #1)
  • Luscious Love
  • Lions and Tigers and Snares
  • The Telling (The Telling, #1)
  • And to All a Good Night (Life Lessons, #1.5)
  • Bonds of Fire
After growing up in the South and dividing my time between Florida and North Carolina, I decided that 2012 would be my year for change. I rented out my house on the East Coast and convinced my family to join me for a wacky trip across the country. Now I write my romance books from a small island in the Pacific Northwest while contemplating our next home renovation project on the fixer upper we bou ...more
More about Eliza Gayle...
Submissive Beauty A White Cougar Christmas Roped (Purgatory Club, #1) Play With Me (Pleasure Playground, #1) Tucker's Fall   (Purgatory Masters, #1)