Start by marking “Mas Vivo Que Nunca!: Que Sucede Cuando Nacemos de Nuevo” as Want to Read:
Mas Vivo Que Nunca!: Que Sucede Cuando Nacemos de Nuevo

Mas Vivo Que Nunca!: Que Sucede Cuando Nacemos de Nuevo

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  1,116 ratings  ·  76 reviews
Este es un libro sobre el nuevo nacimiento, sobre la regeneracion, sobre lo que significa nacer de nuevo. El termino "nacer de nuevo" es muy preciado y crucial en la Biblia. Y nuestra preocupacion principal debe ser saber lo que Dios desea cuando la Biblia usa ese lenguaje, de manera que por su gracia podamos experimentarlo y ayudar a otras personas a lograr lo mismo. Sabe ...more
Published April 30th 2010 by Portavoz (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mas Vivo Que Nunca!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mas Vivo Que Nunca!

Dustin
Apr 16, 2009 Dustin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone possible!
Wow, finally a Piper book that didn't require an entire bottle of Advil, but yet gave me the desire to stop and think through what he was saying.... I'm not sure if I've ever been more thankful for a book.

The book is about being "born again", a phrase we use often in our churches but most of the time used without giving much thought to what it means.
Piper's reasons for writing the book are:
1. To seek out what the Bible says about the new birth.
2. Help follwers of Christ know what really happen
KC McCauley
We know that we have been born again, but what exactly happened? This book gives a thorough answer to that question. Also, there are so many people claiming to be Christians, but in all reality, they are not; they have not been born again. That is one reason why this book was written: to clearly examine the doctrine of regernation (being born again). This is a must read for the false doctrines that are circulating in our culture.

This is the first book where I have seen the expository side of Pi
Joseph Louthan
A gorgeous call to the Christian to finally and fully understand the blessed doctrine of regeneration--not only the swapping of hearts by God alone but the call to evangelize to proclaim what God has done in us.

The regeneration and faith issue (chicken-egg argument) is settled here. Piper wonderfully exegetes passages such as John 3, 1 John 5, 2 Peter 3 and Ephesians 2 to serve as the basis for the entire book. While the faith-first arguments have passages to ponder but not necessarily concrete
Jim
Excellent book dealing with the subject of what it really means to be a "Born Again" Christian. It also shows that while the "Barna Group" says that 45% of Americans say they have been religiously "Born Again," that in reality it is much lower than that. Why? Because "Born Again" has been so loosely thrown around that many who think they are "Born Again," are NOT based on what it Biblically means. Piper will take you through 100's of scripture references in this 200-page book, that will help you ...more
Peter N.
A good book on understanding the new birth. He spends a lot of time in I John, which makes sense. He does a good job showing why regeneration in necessary, how it occurs, and what are the results of it. He also nicely balances God's work and the necessity of means. God does not believe for us nor does God magically change people's hearts apart from the Word of God. I especially enjoyed his last chapter on how to be more proactive in evangelism. A really good book on this topic and worthwhile rea ...more
Douglas Wilson
This is a wonderful book on the absolute necessity of the new birth. If it true that not every baptized Christian is saved, and it is true, then we need an explanation for the dividing line. What differentiates the saved from the unsaved? What is the difference? Does the Bible give us any direction on the subject? The answer is yes, and Piper does a great job in assembling the relevant biblical material, and explaining it clearly.
Daniel Duane
First, Piper asks his readers this very fundamental question:-

Have you been born again?

Then he scrutinizes 1 John and 1 Peter to answer a few other questions that stem out from the most accurate definition of being born again.

What is the new birth?
Why must we be born again?
How does the new birth come about?
What are the effects of the new birth?
How can we help others become born again?

Piper also lists how corrupted we are when we're not born again:

1. We are dead in trespasses and sin.
2. We are by
Jacob
Boy do I have some questions for Piper. Why write in the first person? Was it to sound humble. The effect it had me was that were avoiding being scholarly. The other thing that I struggled with was your take on being born again. You wanted to tackle what Jesus meant " by water and the Spirit". You gave good point about why water did not signify baptism. Although, there are many who believe that the water signifies natural birth. We are talking about two births here,right? I noticed that the firs ...more
Nathan

The book begins, "the declaration of Jesus that we must be born again is devastating to the one who would be captain of his soul. Not many biblical realities are better designed by God to reveal our helplessness in sin." It ends, "Jesus is jealous for us believers to know that judgment and death and behind us because our judgment happened when Jesus was judged in our place, and our death happened when Jesus died in our place. And therefore new life is in us, and this life cannot perish and canno
Chase
What does it really mean to be born again? I think John Piper has done a fantastic job of answering that question as biblically, passionately and gracefully as anyone. Piper says, "[The Barna Group] is using the biblical term 'born again' in a way that would make it unrecognizable by Jesus and the biblical writers." I would have to agree with him. When people off of the street taking a survey say that they are born again do they really mean that they were so lost in their sins that they totally ...more
J.S. Park
If you gave John Piper free reign on a topic, this is the book he would write. Like a prolific, over-avid student with no word limit on his final essay, Piper writes an otherwise great work on salvation that is bloated beyond sanity. Had he cut it to half the size or expanded on the application, it may have been a classic.

You know the guy in class who writes a stream of words for an essay hoping to get something right (I was that guy) -- this book reads the same way. No doubt that Piper's Refor
Danny
Really enjoyed this fresh look at what happens when we are born again. These are some of my favorite quotes:
"many professing Christians are indeed ... not radically changed, to the conclusion that they are not born again"
Nearly all the wisdom we possess, that is to say, true & sound wisdom consists of two parts: the knowledge of God & of ourselves-John Calvin
Why Christmas? the Son of God became human-to take away sin, that is to destroy the works of the devil, namely sin.
“The new birth i
Isaac
This is a very good book to get a thorough understanding on what the new birth is all about. It would be helpful to the new believer and the long-time follower alike.

It is very deep and theological, but I consider this is a good think so that the believer can get a good grasp on the doctrines of faith to grow in the faith and not fall into deception.

Richard Cleary
Excellent presentation of the new birth from a Reformed point of view but detached from the Jewish interpretive context, and therefore doesn't see the new birth into the life of God's Spirit as central to the history of God's covenant faithfulness to Israel in giving them the new heart and his Divine Presence through Messiah Jesus. He jumps too quickly to the application of Ezekiel 36 to individuals. He doesn't articulate that those of us from among the Gentiles are coming to share in Israel's s ...more
Alessa Hutter
A really amazing book about what it means to be a born again Christian. A wonderful integration of scripture and commentary, Finally Alive shows that the regeneration has implications for both regenerative Christians and non-Christians. Piper prays that we learn this and shows us that a life in Christ is beautiful and is the only way we should be living life. I really enjoyed this book and I could feel myself grow as a Christian as I read it.
Judson
I wasn't able to finish this book, but not because it's not good. I benefited from Piper greatly in the past, but on this particular topic he didn't have anything new to say to me... not because there's not enough to say about the topic, but because I've read so extensively about it in the past. Therefore I found it boring.

However, this is probably exactly the kind of thing that many Christians need to read. And Piper is wonderfully warm, wise, and pastoral.

If you are like me and have already ed
Vaughn
This is a book about new birth, about regeneration, about what it means to be born again. In it, John Piper moves through the subject by asking five all-important questions: "What is the new birth?" "Why must we be born again?" "How does the new birth come about?" "What are the effects of the new birth?" And concluding with "How can we help others be born again?"

If you care about personal change, change in your marriage, your children, your job, the environment, social / humanitarian in-justice,
Nicole N.
I've been a Christian for 6 years now, and I've heard the sermons and people speak about the new birth and rebirth, but never have I heard it the way Piper speaks and writes. I believe the Holy Spirit has given him such great wisdom!

Although this book is small, it is a far from easy read. There were pages that I had to read aloud or read again and again in order to understand. The content is thick as well, so I would recommend this book to someone who has been a believer for a few years and is s
Rem
Very inspiring :)
Christopher Crentsil
I read this about a year and a half ago, it was a present, as I read it - it really did burn some truth into me. It gave me opportunity to better appreciate the work of the Holy Spirit and greater confidence to rest in Him. This book deals with some difficult issues, it is a book you cannot read without having your bible alongside as you read as John Piper makes allot of points, that you would want to check for yourself.
David Utrobin
Very extensive Theology on Regeneration. If you like the technical; "need to know every detail to be sure" kind of book? This is it. It is an intellectually challenging read. Answered a few of my questions well, ie: is getting saved a mutual assent kind of deal? is it wholly and only God who saves, or is it wholly the man who chooses to embrace a saving God? That among other questions this book did a great job at giving a biblical, scripture-backed answer.
Sam
This book was everything I hoped it would be - a thorough, biblical, and hope-giving study on the new birth. Piper deals with theological questions such as the origin of saving faith, the order of regeneration and faith, the practical results of the new birth, etc. I loved it and couldn't put it down.

No one challenges my thinking and presents Scripture so clearly to me than John Piper. I love his ministry, preaching, and writing. Another 5-star book here.
Signe
I thought the book was very thought provoking. At times I had to remind myself who the intended audience was. He seemed to be presenting the gospel to folks that consider themselves Christians, but might not be. It brought up questions for me about the importance of baptism and the church in the life of those that are born again.

I thought his final chapters on the necessity of evangelism were wonderful. The whole book is well worth the read.
Mark A Powell
Why did Jesus say that people must be born again? Piper answers the question of the new birth with a thorough (but not comprehensive) examination of this teaching in Scripture. He discusses both the need for this new birth and its evidence in our lives. His exposition is, as usual, doctrinally sound and is delivered with a pastoral sense of care, taking it out of the academic realm and planting it firmly in his readers’ reality.
Drew
Wonderful book! This book is vintage Piper. Here you see the fruit of his hours of mulling over Bible texts related to regeneration. Very often he makes pithy statements in this book that ring like a bell, clearing up the fog that often surrounds difficult issues. One example would be "the new birth is not a person's believing the supernatural about Jesus. The new birth is the experiencing the supernatural within." (loose quote)
Jeremiah von Kühn
Excellent content. I'd much rather hear Dr. Piper preach than write.
Leigh Ann
This is a great book for understanding what it means to be "Born Again." I had a hard time keeping up with Piper though. His writing is always so thorough, which is greatly appreciated, but I can get lost in it. I found the last part of the book extremely helpful, however. Practical application of evangelism and why we do it. I will read and re-read the last part of this book for years to come. Very encouraging!
Takim Williams
I'm glad I had to read this book for my Camp All American small group because it fostered some good discussion about the Gospel, and the last few chapters are full of practical advice and encouragement for believers, but the majority of the book seemed redundant and tedious. It seems that Piper is a great pastor and speaker and is doing great things for the church, but I'm not sold on him as a writer.
Debbie
Superb presentation of conversion. Piper is easy to follow on this complex subject. Highly recommend.
Enzo Luigi
This is my first John Piper book for the year. Finally Alive (Christian Focus, 2009) is a book that discusses the topic of regeneration or new birth. In other words, it’s a book about what it means to be born again.

Read the rest of the review at Zoy Sauce Etc.
  • Scandalous: The Cross and Resurrection of Jesus
  • The Trellis And The Vine
  • Worldliness: Resisting the Seduction of a Fallen World
  • The Christian Life: A Doctrinal Introduction
  • Living for God's Glory: An Introduction to Calvinism
John Piper is founder and teacher of desiringGod.org and chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary. For 33 years, he served as senior pastor at Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

He grew up in Greenville, South Carolina, and studied at Wheaton College, Fuller Theological Seminary (B.D.), and the University of Munich (D.theol.). For six years, he taught Biblical Studies at Bethe
More about John Piper...
Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist Don't Waste Your Life The Passion of Jesus Christ The Pleasures of God: Meditations on God's Delight in Being God Let the Nations Be Glad!: The Supremacy of God in Missions

“My feelings are not God. God is God. My feelings do not define truth. God’s word defines truth. My feelings are echoes and responses to what my mind perceives. And sometimes - many times - my feelings are out of sync with the truth. When that happens - and it happens every day in some measure - I try not to bend the truth to justify my imperfect feelings, but rather, I plead with God: Purify my perceptions of your truth and transform my feelings so that they are in sync with the truth.” 100 likes
“O that we would so love the gospel and have so much compassion for lost people that tribulation and distress and persecution and famine and nakedness and danger and sword and gun and terrorist would turn us not into fearful complainers, but bold heralds of good news.” 11 likes