Falling Stars (Rakes, #2)

Falling Stars (The Rakes #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Sweeping from the green hills of England to the majesty of the Imperial Russian court, here is the thrilling sequel to Autumn Rain. Rich with breathless adventure, dark betrayal, passion and sensuality, it is a new triumph for Mills, the winner of three Reviewer's Choice Awards.
Published September 1st 1993 by Topaz

To ask other readers questions about Falling Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling Stars

Kathleen
If I could give a book NEGATIVE STARS, I would.

I read Autumn Rain years ago by the same author, and loved it. Just the right mix of melodrama and angst. So when I spotted Falling Stars in a used bookstore over the winter, I grabbed it. And fell straight into one of the most depressing books I have ever read.

The gently-bred English heroine marries a Russian man with a secret. After she is pregnant with his child, she discovers that he's in love with- and sleeping with- his sister. So she flees...more
Tonileg
Historical English romance with a brutally honest voyage in winter to Russia where a plain jane learns about love and finally finds it with a smoking hot titled gentleman.
Second chances romance with some damaged people which goes to show that you can be really good looking and still get the brutal shaft because that is not enough to make a relationship last.
Miss Katherine Winstead is a shy plain-jane with no good prospects to marry with an awful selfish mother and younger sister but is still a s...more
CLM
Aug 18, 2011 CLM marked it as to-read
I know I read this but don't remember anything but the cover.
LJ
FALLING STARS - Poor
Mills, Anita - Sequal to "Autumn Rain"

Kate Winstead’s noble father had been destroyed by his weakness for gambling. Now Kate was taking a gamble that would have made her father blanch. She was giving her hand in marriage to a man she barely knew and going to live in a foreign land. Her husband, Count Alexei Volsky, was as mysterious as he was masterful, yet strangely cold even at the burning peak of passion. What secret did he and his ravishing sister conceal on his vast esta...more
Angelyn Schmid
Readers either love or hate this book, a sure sign that it is unforgettable.

I've read this book many times, not only because the story is gripping but to learn how to create believable characters and emotional conflict.

Bell Townsend is the anti-hero and I love this character. The author takes his selfishness and manages to turn it into a strong motivation to help the heroine--how does she do that? I'm still working on it.

Julianne G Cockey
Excellent

Excellent

This vivid story pulls emotions out of you and has you turning pages to read faster than your eyes can focus. It will reveal the heartbreaking degradation and lack of freedom many people suffered in the early 1800s of Europe and Russia. It's the survival story of a brave sheltered young woman.
Katie
I seem to be a very small minority who liked it but didn't love it (nor hated it). it was a good read but not one that would make me choose another right away.
Lady Day
Because of the bad reviews, I started at middle of this story. What I read so far has been interesting. Will review upon completion.
Lyuda
Very sad and disturbing story. Well written as expected of the author but too much angst for me and not enough romance.
Victoria Newman
Is a great book to read
Ahsinad
This book was just sooooooo sad. I have never read a book with so much sorrow in it for the main character. I got really weepy. ;(
Laura Lee
England and Russia in the early 1860s. Liked it.
Nancy Laney
Sep 01, 2013 Nancy Laney added it
Shelves: romance
Autumn #2
Amanda Rusher
Amanda Rusher marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Diane K. Peterson
Diane K. Peterson marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Margaret Rackley
Margaret Rackley marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Danielle Cote
Danielle Cote marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Kathryn Parry
Kathryn Parry marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Kelly Smith
Kelly Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Frances Shellings
Frances Shellings marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Mayah
Mayah is currently reading it
Jul 25, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Jennifer Boyett
Jennifer Boyett marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
21924
A former history and English teacher, Anita Mills turned to writing in the mid-1980's. After her regency romance SCANDAL BOUND was published followed by her highly acclaimed LADY OF FIRE, Anita Mills went on to enjoy an award filled career. Her historical novels and regency short stories are ranked among the best in their respective genres. The parents of four children, Anita and her husband Larry...more
More about Anita Mills...
Lady Of Fire (Fire, #1) A Regency Christmas I Autumn Rain (Rakes, #1) Duke's Double (Lords of Love) Fire and Steel (Fire, #2)