Start by marking “Little Sister Is Not My Name (Sassy, #2) ” as Want to Read:
Little Sister Is Not My Name (Sassy, #2)

Little Sister Is Not My Name (Sassy, #2) (Sassy #1)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  323 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Sharon Draper delivers a fresh, funny series starring oh-so-fabulous Sassy--now in paperback!
Please see extended summary.
Mass Market Paperback, 112 pages
Published January 1st 2010 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published March 1st 2009)

Sue
Feb 09, 2009 Sue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 2nd and 3rd grade girls
What can I say? Not my preferred type of book, but...it's cute. The protagonist is likeable without being annoying, and her problem - being the youngest in the family - is resolved in a predictable manner by her being the only one small enough to save her family from a not-too-horrible situation.

Nonetheless, Sassy deals with her problems head-on, with the help of her apparently bottomless "Sassy-sack". It's a cute story.
Jen Selinsky
Apr 06, 2014 Jen Selinsky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nine-year-old Sassy Simone just wants her older siblings and her parents to call her by her real name instead of “Little Sister.” Sassy is very small for her age, but she has a lot of imagination and a special “Sassy Sack,” which she received as a present from her granny. Sassy is able to fit a lot into her special, big bag. After her family finished a fancy dinner, while granny was visiting, the power went out in the whole town, and Sassy and her family were stuck in an elevator. When the eleva ...more
Sherica Wheeler
It was this girl name sassy she did not want to be call little sister no because she wanted to be call my her name sassy her mom, her dad, her grammy, her sister, and her brother and she said that she would not answer the if they not call her my her name so she did that then her grammy came over to visit her family and every time she come she bring something and sassy she saw the front door and she no the front do not never be open a less it a visit so she walk through the front door she saw her ...more
Beth G.
I'm trying something new. If my family can't call me by my real name, I'm not going to talk to them.

Sassy Simone Sanford is nine-and-a-half years old. She's the smallest person in her family and the smallest person in her fourth-grade class. But she has a big personality and plenty of flair. In this first volume in a series aimed squarely at 3rd-5th girls, Sassy introduces herself, her friends, and her family, including professional storyteller Grammy.

When I think of Sharon Draper, I think of bo
Shel
Sep 07, 2009 Shel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Draper, S. (2009). Sassy: Little Sister is NOT My Name! New York: Scholastic Press.

Nine-year-old Sassy loves to express herself. With her colorful Sassy Sack over her shoulder everyday, she takes on wearing her drab blue and white school uniform, being the youngest child in a family of five that are always calling her "Little Sister" instead of her name.

Sassy's sack is a super-purse, filled with everything she needs. While I tend more toward a backpack myself, after reading how much st
Taliah
TheSecond book that i read is Sassy By Sharon M. Draper. This book is about a girl name Sassy Simone Sanford, but everybody calls her Little Sister. Sassy is 6 years old, she has a borther and a sister there names is Sadora and Sabin. I think in this book Sassy is spolied i think she get whatever she want when she wanted but one thing Sassy could not stand is when people call her little sister she says its anyoning but i personly thinks its just a nickname for her. Sassy is the youngest out of h ...more
Arthur Pengerbil
Reading Level: Grades 2-4

Sassy Simone Sanford feels invisible in her family. Her older brother, sister and her parents call her "Little Sister." Sassy hates that nickname. It sounds like she's a baby. Sassy is anything but a baby. She's a bubbly kid with a quirky fashion sense. Her friends appreciate her, she just needs her family to see her for who she is.

If you enjoyed meeting Sassy you'd also enjoy.:

Keena Ford and the Second- Grade Mix-up by Melissa Thomson

Mallory on the Move by Laurie B. Fri
carrietracy
Aug 20, 2009 carrietracy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I was very excited to see Sharon Draper had written a book for elementary school students aimed at girls. Her Ziggy series is fabulous, but I just didn't love Sassy as much. It's bound to appeal to its target audience with references to malls, shopping, lip gloss, fashion and friends. It still has Draper's signature educational bit (Sassy's Grammy is a storyteller who wears fabulous African fabrics). But it felt little to lightweight to me. I'd still probably get it for my classroom library beca ...more
Anna
May 13, 2015 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

I really liked this, even though it was a young adult book. I"m looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Diamond
I LOVE This Book Its About A Girl Name Sassy Her Name Sassy Because When She Came Out She Stuck Her Tongue Out To Her Mother.Also She Is Nine Years Old And Too Be Called Little Sister.Also One Day Her Family Got Stuck In A Elevator Beacuse It Was A Black Out And She Was They Only Skinny One.So She Got Out Looked Around The Building Until She Found A FireFighter To Help Get Them Out.So When They Got Out She Was The Hero.So She Was On The News And All Around Town.And Finnaly She Told Her Parents N ...more
Jasmine Duong
May 26, 2014 Jasmine Duong rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this when I was in 5th grade, loved it. Finished the series.
Catherine
So cute! My sister picks great books she wants me to read to her!
Kiran
Sep 11, 2014 Kiran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love sassy .I love to read like her.She is the hero .
Quentasha Portis
Dec 04, 2014 Quentasha Portis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
her family going to stuck on a elevator
Jonitta
Oct 09, 2009 Jonitta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is about a girl in forth grade named sassy. she is the youngest of three chidrean and is always being called little sister and not her name. she dosn't like it. when trouble ocmes on a building, her family is stuck in a elevator and she is the only one that can save them. the elevator didn't close all the way. there was a small entrance to the other side and only sassy can slide threw it.
this tells you that no matter what your size is you will be able to do something.
M.
May 22, 2010 M. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sassy doesn’t like the drab blue and white uniforms she has to wear to school. If she had her way, she’d give each day a color theme and she’d decorate everything with sparkles. She doesn’t like being called Little Sister; her name is Sassy! This is a very nice book, very gentle, about a 4th grader, her friends and her family, her grandmother (who is a famous storyteller), and her learning that being the smallest isn’t always a bad thing. 3rd grade girls
DESTINY FLEMINGS
it was FABOULOS i loved this book. it was about a girl who has this sassy sack and every time someone needs something she has it. her family and her got stuck in a elavator and they needed a flash light and she had it. they needed someone to try to squezze through the little crack of the elavator so she did it. that very day she was like a famous superstar. everyone called her little sister and she didnt like it. her name was sassy
Asia turner
IAM READING SASSY ITS A BOOK ABOUT A GIRL ABOUT AS GIRL NAME SASSSY WHO GETS CALLED BY EVER BODY IN HER HOUSE CALLS HER LITTLE SISTER SHE GETS TEIRD OF IT SO NOW SHE BELIEVES ITRS TRUE THAT SHE IS SMALL IN SHE BARELY CAN REACH THE MILK SHE HAS A BROTHER NAME SABIN,A SISTER NAME SADORA. EVEN HER PARENTS DONT EVEN NOITICE HER TOP FIN MORE INFO LOOK MY BOOK UP
Itzel
Jan 31, 2012 Itzel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was good and it also shows that someone little can make a difference. I have to try to listen to that a little more, but overall i really liked it............ alot!

Katie Lawrence
I wanted to like this book, especially because I respect Sharon Draper so much, but I just couldn't do it. The story felt very disjointed and none of the characters were very well developed. Parts of this felt very outdated as well, but the date was not clearly defined.
Lexi
Jul 15, 2013 Lexi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You have no idea of the hype this book caused at the book fair when I was in second grade. It sold out in the first day! I had to preorder it! But I remember loving this book, so much! I haven't read it for a while, and probably won't, but this book is a hit for 2nd grade girls!
Mavia cheema
Sep 07, 2010 Mavia cheema rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is about a girl named Sassy Simone.But her family calls her little sister but Sassy does not like being called that.But when her and her family get stuck in a problem little sister saves the day and thinks being called little sister is not that bad.
Jan
Jul 03, 2012 Jan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sassy Sanford is a cheerful, optimistic girl who loves the Sassy Sack carryall that Grammy made for her. It seems like all of life's problems can be solved by searching in the Sassy Sack -- even when the family is in real trouble! A fun book for 7-10-year-old girls.
Nance
Aug 30, 2009 Nance rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ella is actually reading this book. I walked into her room to put her to bed and she was giggling out of control. I thought this kind of reaction from a little reader deserved a rating. I will let you all know what she says when she finishes it.
Destiny Flemings
SASSY WAS A GOOD BOOK, IT TALKED ABOUT A LITTLE GIRL WHO WAS ALWAYS GETTING CALLED LITTLE SISTER. SHE WAS LIKE A LIFE SAVIOR, BECAUSE EVERY TIME THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG AND THEY NEEDED SOMETHING TO HELP THEM, SHE ALWAYS HAD IT IN HER SASSY SACK!
Destiny
May 20, 2010 Destiny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is about a little sassy girl named Sassy,which is about my name. she is very enjoyable and mature. She haas alot in common with me. this book is fun and good for readers about 9-13.
Abby
Oct 23, 2009 Abby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sassy is a very genuine child character - her voice rings true, and her thoughts and actions sound like many kids I know. I'm looking forward to sharing this book with kids!!
Sheryl
Feb 01, 2015 Sheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sassy is a spunky nine-year old who is often overlooked due to her small stature. One day her family finds themselves in a predicament only Sassy can solve.
Darlene
May 27, 2009 Darlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i like this book bacauseb it shows no matter what your wearing u look good in anything if u feel beautiful in the inside.and that stand up for what u want
Sia  Paganis
May 19, 2009 Sia Paganis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really cute book, perfect for the 2nd or 3rd grade age group. Sassy realizes that being a little sister can be better than she thought. Fun read!
  • Brand New School, Brave New Ruby
  • Mallory in the Spotlight  (Mallory McDonald, #14)
  • Meanicures
  • Violet in Bloom
  • Nikki and Deja
  • Eliza Bing Is (Not) a Big, Fat Quitter
  • Rules for Secret Keeping
  • How Tia Lola Learned to Teach
  • Bobby The Brave (Sometimes)
  • Frankly, Frannie (Frankly, Frannie #1)
  • Caught In The Web (How I Survived Middle School, #9)
  • The PS Brothers
  • Amelia Rules! Volume 6: True Things Adults Don't Want Kids to Know (Amelia Rules! #6)
  • My Last Best Friend (Friends for Keeps, #1)
  • Sweet Treats & Secret Crushes
  • A Strong Right Arm: The Story of Mamie "Peanut" Johnson
  • Archvillain (Archvillain, #1)
  • Dancing in the Wings
51942
Sharon M. Draper is a professional educator as well as an accomplished writer. She has been honored as the National Teacher of the Year, is a five-time winner of the Coretta Scott King Literary Award, and is a New York Times bestselling author. She lives in Cincinnati, Ohio.
More about Sharon M. Draper...

Sassy (4 books)
  • The Birthday Storm (Sassy, #2)
  • The Silver Secret (Sassy, #3)
  • The Dazzle Disaster Dinner Party (Sassy, #4)