Start by marking “Nikolai's Wolf (True Mates, #3)” as Want to Read:
Nikolai's Wolf (True Mates, #3)

Nikolai's Wolf (True Mates #3)

A blue moon's coming, and for shape-shifter Shannon McFelan, it's bringing nothing but trouble. Something she's got enough of already. Her body has mysteriously turned on her, going into Heat at the worst possible time. It will take all the cunning in her possession to survive this lunar cycle without finding herself mated. Vampire Nikolai Taranosky has waited centuries fo ...more
Published March 10th 2009 by Loose Id, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Nikolai's Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nikolai's Wolf

Dec 06, 2009 Shelita rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Tia
Jun 08, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
Out of all of them thus far, this one perhaps was the most exciting. Simply because the series started off getting to know Nikolai and Shannon. This story was more about them but in the same terms, everything blends together so nicely from this book, the second and of course the first. I have to say that I was quite impressed. It takes a heck of a lot of talent to sew the seems in the book so professionally and perfect. It was the most interesting book too because we learn about shifter matings ...more
April
It has been a little while since I read this book but here is what I recall...

I love the series!! Yummy romance involving shifters. Plenty of steamy action and a touch of humor!

Definitely a series to get into! I started it and didn't stop until I reached the last book that was released! I am always looking for the next book!

If you like steamy shifter romances this is a series to look into!!!!
Dominus~
Feb 25, 2015 Dominus~ rated it it was amazing
I love Shayla and Rory's story better in here. Poor Rory. And I don't know what was really wrong with Shay?
Now with Nikolai and Shannon, it was also a good one. Especially when Nikolai was gazing at Shannon from the bed. The first meeting is always the most awesome. Remember Kee and Alex's tied in the forest? How about Rory and Shayla offering her butt to to him while she practically ninja moved him away. And Nikolai's and Shannon was equally good to.
N.L. Riviezzo
I like the continuation of the world and the improvement of the character development. An interesting pairing of mates and I liked the subplot of the other newly mated pair. My only complaint with the amount of cliffhangers left behind for both pairings. I hope that there ends up being more than 5 books in the series (the 5th book backtracks to the past), that the other pairing gets their due in writing and the cliffhangers get addressed.
Karen
Very enjoyable read! Well-written with good character depth.

The super-powers that the vampire had were a bit strange though--he could make his clothes appear and disappear, among other things. Also the book was loaded with testosterone! All sorts of alpha-males sneaking and conniving to trick their mates. It got annoying.
Tasha
Aug 03, 2015 Tasha rated it it was amazing
Loved absolutely truly loved this one Cant wait to read the last two books in the series, super excited
Angarad
Jul 20, 2012 Angarad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just loved it. It wasnt only about one couple, or only about sex, it was about seduction and happiness. my only regret is tha it ended to quickly, I would have like to stay with them.
thanks a lot
Lauryn King
May 18, 2014 Lauryn King rated it it was amazing
Re-read the series and it is amazing! Excited for new updates in the series!
Mytoya Garcia
Nov 14, 2010 Mytoya Garcia rated it it was amazing
I HAVE READ THIS SERIES AND LOVE IT! CAN'T WAIT UNTIL BOOK 5 IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST READ!!!!!!!!
SheLove2Read
Mar 18, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
REALLY good entry in the series! I loved the hero and the heroine immensely.
Nicky
Jun 29, 2014 Nicky rated it it was amazing
LOVE THIS SERIES
Shannon C.
Apr 24, 2010 Shannon C. rated it it was ok
3.5 stars: Better world building than the previous book

Shannon, a werewolf, is being pressured by Rory, her older brother and alpha of the pack, to take a mate and continue the family line. At her continued denials of his setups, he calls a 'hunt'--a barbaric, outdated practice of unmated females getting a short head start and then unmated males running to catch them. In Shannon's case, it was against her will so she fights the men who pursued her. Otherwise, she would have been forced into a li
Joie
Jun 13, 2012 Joie rated it really liked it
Okay I'm giving this 4 stars because the plot is really good in this one. Wynn really stepped it up. I really liked the action the thing is though I really liked Shannon she was still a disappoinment to me. After all her brother did to her I don't understand why there was never a confrontation. I'm sorry but I let two men beat your ass and I almost killed and ran you off cause I can see that your lonely is not a good enough excuse. I didn't like Shayla at all but I loved the chemistry between he ...more
Rachel
May 19, 2016 Rachel rated it liked it
Erin
So I was slightly hesitant with this one, as their story has been building since the very first book, we've been watching it play out. And that can either work really well, or end up being crap. This one worked. I don't feel like we got too much of the same stuff just rehashed differently.

It was nice to see some of the events from different points of view.

Still not too happy about the slight Rapey-ness when it came to Nikolai.

Huh. Rory wasn't actually the complete and total bastard we thought h
Bookwormsarethenewsexy
Feb 10, 2014 Bookwormsarethenewsexy rated it it was amazing
This book made me cry, made me happy made me squirm with all the copulation that's happening. Damn! Their libidos are just... mygod. Anyways, what made me break down in tears was when Rory finally gave in to Shannon's demands. ShanOlai (yeah I gave em a name because I dont know, I felt like it) wasnt really 'emphasized' in this book. The other characrers overshadowed their affair. If Zena added a little more chapters, it would be balanced. Mmmmm Rory is one sexy wolf. Kinda bugged me that the ne ...more
Judith
Jul 18, 2010 Judith rated it liked it
Liked the premise of the book -- strong Alpha-fem of a werewolf pack, but a brother/Alpha who couldn't seem to focus on anything other than getting her mated. There are some cute parts -- some of the relationships between the female characters were quite uplifting and the dialogue was very cute. Just got a little tired of her pushy brother and the manipulation of her mate-to-be. Didn't seem to really give Shannon much choice when it all comes right down to it. Yet is was a fun read and one I enj ...more
Ladysatel
Jan 26, 2016 Ladysatel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
The author has gotten better in this third book of the True Mates Series. Even though love between Vampire and Shifter is not what Shannon the Fem-Alpha of her pack wants she is courted and wooed by Nicolai, an old vampire who knows she is his True Mate. Shannon has to contend with the suspicions and hatreds of her pack as well as her brother who is the Pack Alpha. Nicolai is smart enough to know that he can not rush her into a relationship and proceeds slowly to win her heart.
WARNING: Adult rea
Aberforth
Oct 28, 2009 Aberforth rated it it was ok
I really just wasn't that impressed by the vampire/shifter romance in this book. I actually found myself skimming the story of this book's hero and heroine in order to get to the parts involving anyone else. It's probably at least partially because I've not been able to enjoy most vampire books since Twilight destroyed the appeal of vampires for me, but I just found myself kind of creeped out by the whole storyline.
Evar
Sep 05, 2015 Evar rated it did not like it
Haven't finished this book yet, but so far it's making me angry.

Her brother sicced two wolves on her and then attacked her? And magically it's all forgiven because it's for her own good? How is this ok??

I'm really disappointed that the author couldn't figure out a different way to move that part of the plot forward, because now I think Rory is a douche and can't see myself enjoying his story.
raeneysa
like i said before the comment i wrote about tameka smile about bull and nee cee silly and nee cee is playing hard to get. in this novel shayla is curious and end up getting what she want plus more. i already know once i read both novel it going to be hard to pick which one i like the best right now i i like both
characters in these novel.
Netanella
Oct 10, 2010 Netanella rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters
Much better than the first two books - this one was more fully developed. Points detracted for the sheer assinine behavior of practically every male character in the book. Lord knows if I were a character in this world, Alex would not be my doctor, mt veterinarian, and my Alpha. Good grief, Charlie Brown! Can we say "major conflict of interest"?
Angela
Oct 28, 2009 Angela rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: paranormal fans, weres
This is the third book in the series, which I didn't realize til half way through. There wasn't much Nikolai in it until the last half. I would've loved more back story on him and less on Shayla. It was still pretty good with lots of action.
Kyieta
Sep 03, 2015 Kyieta rated it liked it
I like this and love the storyline. Good book. I would like to have known a little more about Nikolai past. It sort of made him look like he forced her to love and want him.
Mistress   ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)
This book's biggest flaws is how unlikable the male characters are. Pretty much her brother and Nikolai take turns bullying her until she does what they want. Which ain't all that romantic or sexy.
Net
Net rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2012
A Sexy New Shifter Romance From Zena Wynn 1 5 Nov 19, 2011 09:34AM
  • Coyote Inn
  • Cat's Cradle (Lords of the Were Universe, #12; Tales of the Were: String of Fate, #1)
  • Wild in the City (Werewulf Journals, #1)
  • Dimitri's Moon (The Megalodon Team, #6)
  • His Teddy Bear
  • Bear's Gold (Erotic Shifter Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Storm Warning (Triple Trouble, #2)
  • Mated to a Wolf (Wulf's Den, #4)
  • Rules of Mating (Haven, #1)
  • Candid Camera (Were Watching, #1)
  • Primal (Pride Riders, #2)
  • In Blood And Worth Loving (In Blood and Worth Loving, #1)
  • Were Love Conquers All (Were Trilogy, #3)
  • Carnal Moves
  • What a Bear Wants
  • Standoff (Cascadia Wolves, #5)
  • The Alpha Promise

True Mates (6 books)
  • True Mates (True Mates, #1)
  • Mary and the Bear (True Mates, #2)
  • Tameka's Smile (True Mates, #4)
  • Claiming Shayla (True Mates, #5)
  • Rome's Pride (True Mates Book 6)