Start by marking “Bound and Determined ” as Want to Read:
Bound and Determined

Bound and Determined

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  1,706 ratings  ·  186 reviews
When Sterling Baker discovers the wonderful world of BDSM, he's ready to literally throw himself at the feet of the spectacular Owen Sawyer, but Owen is unwilling to take on someone so new to the scene—or so he says. Determined to get what he wants, Sterling sets out to convince the doubting Owen that he can be the best sub in the world, the fastest learning, the most obed ...more
Published October 20th 2009 by Loose ID (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Bound and Determined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound and Determined

Submission by Chris OwenDomination by Chris OwenDiscipline by Chris OwenRough Canvas by Joey W. HillBondage by Chris Owen
Best Gay BDSM
8th out of 586 books — 882 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleHot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie Sexton
Favorite Gay Couples
126th out of 1,970 books — 2,505 voters

More lists with this book...

Loederkoningin
Let's see if I can keep this short and simple for a change.

To start with a quote from Crispy. "It's just that really formalised bdsm makes me want to laugh, it's so tidy and lacking in soul. It's the weird and wacky or dark and gut wrenching stories that stick with you."

I couldn't agree more.

At first, my eyes were flying over the pages when handsome college kid Sterling, who has only recently discovered that the BDSM scene could be his thing, visits a club and suddenly spots his stoic and cool
Shelley
3.5 Stars For The Blog of Sid Love

This novel comes with lots of stars and the highest of recommendations; so of course I needed to see for myself.

I like a BDSM book occasionally, it’s not my real life kink of course - sub-space is a myth in my opinion, (that shit just stings - and my husband understandably, won’t switch) so I enjoy reading about this lifestyle instead, it’s exciting. I love the whole D/s dynamic and can respectably appreciate the need and reasoning behind it all – I’ve read eno
Bev
Wonderful story of a fledgeling BDSM relationship starring Sterling and Owen, which finally found it's way to the front of the queue on the kindle after 6 months! Loved this one, I'm really on a roll with my stories at the mo. 4.5 stars and

Owen Sawyer is an experienced Dom, and since his last major relationship ended some years ago, is content to visit the local BDSM club for occasional hook ups.

Sterling is a young guy at college, certain that he's gay but unsure as to what else he may want. H
JenMcJ
I completely enjoyed this book. Sterling and Owen make a great couple. The story is long enough to build the relationship which I appreciated. The interaction between them has such strong chemistry the book is like a meth lab in your hands.

I know I should write more but the bottom line is that, for me, this was a great and enjoyable read in every way.

ETA: There is an age difference. Sterling is not yet 21 and Owen is 35. They don't have actual sex until past halfway through the book but that is
Kaje Harper
I'm not someone who finds BDSM intrinsically appealing, but there a few authors who can make me feel why and how it works for their characters. Jane Davitt is one of those. When BDSM is part of the relationship dynamic of a couple (or trio) forming an emotional bond, then it works for me. Owen's protective centered intelligence and Sterling's sweet, needy passion, really came together as good chemistry. I had a hard time putting this down. The emotional moments were strong, but not angsty, and t ...more
Beck
Despite the fact that I read a lot of BDSM erotica, I often find myself questioning what it is that compels people to need the dynamics of the Dom/sub relationship. I read the books because I am fascinated with the intricacies of BDSM (in a voyeuristic/train wreck way) & because they are usually heavy on the erotica and light on the (sometimes) too saccharine romance. Rarely do I find a book that makes it all make perfect sense; that balances BDSM & romance without compromising either. B ...more
Debra

This was a great, well written BDSM book. The relationship between Owen and Sterling is really fully explored with emotion and the sex scenes were well done with purpose to the story (and not as hardcore as some other books I have read).

The only thing stopping me from giving it 5 stars is there were a few scenes that occurred off page, but were referred to, that seemed important enough to the relationship that I would have liked more than just a passing reference to. (view spoiler)
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I'm a huge fan of these authors and this story does nothing to change that view. What I most especially like is the smaller touches that bring the story home. Always the characters are flawed - but not fatally and not in any way that prohibits the love from growing. The way actions are described makes them very visceral to me. In the beginning half there is a point when they are going upstairs for the first time and Owen grabs Sterling's hand and he holds it tight and in that moment I was back a ...more
Betryal
I've always been intrigued by the world of BDSM and the relationship between a Dom/Sub. In this story Owen is an overpowering presence that Sterling needed in his life especially with a Father who thought he could rule and control Sterling, using his influence and power to control his son. Asshole had another thing coming. Sorry, had to put that out there.

I admire the way Owen (the Dom) was written up in this story and Jane in her own way wrote Owen and Sterling's relationship uniquely. Even fo
Lily
"To say that I liked this book is not enough. I loved it. Sterling and Owen are wonderful characters and the relationship between them was very well written, from that first awkward meeting at the club to the beautiful and romantic ending their story touched my heart."

My complete review is posted at Rainbow Reviews
Gigi
This was another re-read for me after over a year. I had to bump it up to 5 stars. I don't remember why I gave it 4 to begin with, but the second read was definitely 5! Fuck yeah M/M BDSM! Love that shit. :)

Recommended if you like kinky BDSM M/M play between consensual adults who eventually fall in love. *sigh*
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Good Lord I was so turned on by this book. This is flaming hot! Professor Owen makes me feel all melty inside. A profession and student theme is always one to trip my trigger. This one was absolutely fabulous! I liked how Owen introduced Sterling into the BDSM world. I recommend this to all new to BDSM who want to read how it works. Obviously, they need to be m/m lovers too.

I was rather impressed with Ms. Davitt's story. I felt such sorry for Sterling due to his asshole father. What a jerk off!
Tina "coffee and books"
Sep 27, 2010 Tina "coffee and books" rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Tina "coffee and books" by: SheSwitches
Shelves: erotica
This book is nothing like I thought it would be. To be honest, I was a little frightened of it. It is my first BDSM experience and my first male-male book. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to relate and therefore get nothing out of it. Boy, was I wrong. I loved it!

Owen and Sterling are such a sweet couple. The trust that Sterling had in Owen made their sub-dom relationship romantic, caring and loving. Not at all frightening, demeaning or cruel.

I am so thankful to my friend for recommending this
Daniel Kaine
After Sterling accidentally catches a friend engaging in some light BDSM, he realises that he wants it too. And who better than Owen Sawyer, one of his lecturers? But Owen isn't willing to take on a new sub, and Sterling has his work cut out if he's going to prove he has what it takes.

I loved this book. I loved it because it's all about the interactions in a dom/sub relationships, and not just the bondage. Throughout the book we get to see Sterling develop both as a submissive, and a person.

As s
Fangtasia
Lovely story, believable and well-handled conflicts, perfect pacing. The characters, though, are the real hook. Owen has now joined Tobias (Submission) and Holden (Bran's Story), along with Toreth (The Administration) and Shane (Fun With Dick and Shane) on my "Perfect Doms" shelf. Sterling is far from a perfect sub at the start of this story, but reading through his journey to get there is an experience not to be missed. Then you get to the ending and it's just a chorus of "awwwww"...because it' ...more
Shelley
I've read several books by these authors, and I have really enjoyed them. Bound and Determined was an enjoyable read but I didn't enjoy it as much as Room At The Top and Truthful Change.

In some part this is because Owen and Sterling annoyed me as characters. As much as I enjoyed reading about their D/s relationship and their growing togetherness as a couple their characters irritated me at times. Sterling was irritating but not in a cute and bratty way and I found Owen to be too condescending at
Bree Cheese
I REALLY like these authors! This is the second book i've read from them and I can't wait to read more. I really appreciate the attention to detail and character development that this story has. The relationship between the two main characters is a bit slower moving, but it makes sense based on the fact that one is completely new to BSDM and the other is a bit reluctant to guide him. They also have known each other previously - as teacher/student - which means that they have to morph a past rela ...more
Jacqueline
Oh my...

No chemistry, No spark not for me.
Carole
Wow. This book goes straight to the top of the keeper shelf. This is a long book, and there's not one extra word.

Strong, clear characters, beautifully edited, fabulous sexy storyline, lovely BDSM relationship.... and it's a love story.
Beautifully written, Bound and Determined is a book that does not disappoint. I’ve got books by both authors and their styles compliment each other hugely and make for very cool reading.

Sterling is such a brat and I loved his spark and innate cheekiness. It is such a perfect foil for Owen’s more reserved nature and theirs is a relationship that doesn’t always go smoothly as a result. The conflict was well written with the focus centered on the characters internal struggles. It was easy to read a
Jenre
Bound and Determined is one of those books that other readers kept recommending to me. I'd review a book by Jane Davitt or a book with a BDSM or D/s theme and nearly every time someone would mention this book as a great book to read. Having now read the book I can see exactly why those others readers recommended it to me because it is an excellent book.

The story begins with Sterling, a college student in his final year, attending a BDSM club with his friend Alex. A few weeks earlier Sterling had
Danny Tyran
This novel follows the beginnings of Sterling (sub) before and after his meeting with Owen (college professor and Dom). I usually love novels of apprenticeship wherin we follow the evolution of a young sub who does not know much of the BDSM Community, but very eager to learn. He does so through his mistakes and successes. The authors also show how a young inexperienced Dom (Kirk) may commit involuntarily significant physical and psychological damage.
- The majority of the BDSM books I've read ha
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Feb 27, 2011 Emanuela ~plastic duck~ rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Emanuela ~plastic duck~ by: Sarah
4.5 stars.

I really enjoyed this book because the relationship between Owen, the Dom, and Sterling, the sub, develops slowly and because it sort of starts from wrong premises.

At the very beginning of the book Sterling tries to channel his frustration about his strained relationship with his father into a BDSM relationship, thinking of being a natural Dom. During his first night in a club he understands that he craves being a sub and he sets his eyes on Owen, his former professor, who initially re
DarienMoya

More of my reviews and ramblings at PANTS OFF REVIEWS

3.5

We meet Sterling, who has developed an interest in BDSM. So his friend Alex who is apart of the scene takes him to a club, so he can get a feel of what it’s all about. His intention is to find someone to teach him the ways, and his teacher will come in the most unlikely person. When a scene between a Dom and a submissive starts playing out in the club, Sterling recognizes the need to be on his knees, the need to submit. He recognizes the Do
Jenni Lea
Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. For the most part I really liked it. There were parts that were brilliant and well played out. When Owen had to sub (not THAT way) for one of Sterling's other teachers, the banter and dialogue was fabulous. The buildup of anticipation throughout most of the story was amazing. Then, well then it hit a snag and just... Fizzled out. I kept thinking once they finally got to it "that's it? That's all you're giving me?" but I kept on in hopes tha ...more
My first foray into m/m BDSM... I'm afraid it spoiled me for all followers. There are undeniably some great ones out there, but *this* one is the one all others get compared to.

::sigh::

Just how perfect are Owen and Sterling for each other? Sterling so completely new to the scene and Owen rather jaded and not even realizing that he needs the challenge Sterling will bring at first. There's no intercourse or even oral sex until over halfway through, but the buildup is oh, so hot. I've read lots of
Amanda
I was pleasantly suprised by how much I enjoyed this book. Whenever I crack open a book in the subject of bdsm or d/s I never know what I'm getting. This book has some mild bdsm and there is an actual storyline! I've read some pretty wicked books bdsm and although I don't mind a good spanking or being tied up, I cringe at any though of electric shock, blood or extreme scene play. I think the reaason I liked Bound and Determined is because of the fact that there was a story, it wasn't all scene p ...more
Soami
Nov 13, 2009 Soami rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: M/M romance and D/s lovers
Recommended to Soami by: JenMcJ
Shelves: gay-ds
Hmmm, really 4.5 stars if I could. It is a well told and engaging story of a developing D/s relationship.

Partially due to plot, but more due to authors' choice, there are not a lot of steamy sex scenes in this book. While I would have enjoyed a little more detail and a little more often, the attraction and D/s dynamics were ever present and kept my attention. I only growled a couple of times from wanting more hot descriptive sex between these two beautiful men.

Oh, to be clear, I'd call this one
Bookish❧Gwen❦
SOLID 3 STARS~

The writing is good~
The plot was cute, but predictable, I still really liked it.
The love story is sometimes VERY sweet ; my fav was the interactions in the school, LIKE THAT KISS....YUM...I really wanted more of that...

>>>The pet like behavior/treatment is NOT my thing...and I do not know if this is one of the root causes of me NOT falling in love with both of the MCs...
>>>The ending....(view spoiler) I so wanted more~
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I absolutely loved this book, every page, every scene. Since I haven't read much BDSM I was shocked at how powerful it was, and how erotic, more so than books that are explicit. Terrific author!
  • Domination (Deviations, #2)
  • The Elegant Corpse
  • A Strong Hand
  • Uneven
  • A Russian Bear (Russian Bear, #1)
  • Special Delivery (Special Delivery, #1)
  • Power Exchange (Power Exchange, #1)
  • Fettered
  • Be Brave (Angel and the Assassin, #2)
  • Bound: Forget Me Knot
  • The Good Boy (Boy, #1)
  • Chaos Magic (Gods and Chaos, #1)
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • By His Rules
  • Remastering Jerna (Remastering Jerna, #1)
  • Under Contract
  • Rough Canvas (Nature of Desire, #6)
  • Power Play: Awakening (Power Play, #2)
When I was eight I decided to write a book. I found a notebook, scribbled a few hundred words about triplets with improbable names, and lost interest. Three decades later I still wanted to write a book, but the dim realization dawned that meant I had to actually, well, write something.

Yes, it surprised me too.

So I did. Not about triplets, but love, angst, hot and spicy smut, and for the most part
More about Jane Davitt...
Room at the Top (Room at the Top #1) The Square Peg (The Square Peg #1) Truthful Change Wild Raspberries (Dan & Tyler #1) Accidentally In Love

“His expression softened, which made Sterling's throat tighten just a little. “You've cannonballed into the deep end when you don't know how to swim, haven't you?”
Sterling looked at him solemnly and smiled. “Yes,” he said. “Don't let me drown.”
5 likes
“Enjoy your little field trip to the zoo—and, yes, some of the animals here do bite.” 5 likes