Start by marking “Hokus Pokus” as Want to Read:
Hokus Pokus

Hokus Pokus (Sisterhood #9)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  2,526 ratings  ·  89 reviews
There is no match for the Sisterhood ? the seven friends who have taken vigilante justice to a new level ? not even the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Although the women foiled former FBI director Mitch Riley's plot to frame their friends Judge Nellie Easter and lawyer Lizzie Fox, now they must remain in exile or risk capture. They can't complain about their opulent digs...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published March 28th 2009 by Brilliance Audio (first published December 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Hokus Pokus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hokus Pokus

Heather  * is reading like crazy*
Sisterhood #9 Rules of the Game #2

I'm going to keep this super simple because yet again technology hates me and erased my first attempt at reviewing this.

*Old friend of Nellie, Myra, and Annie needed the Sisterhoods help.
* Supreme Court Justice Pearl Barnes being blackmailed by ex-son in law
* Sisterhood returns to the USA in Style...if you can rock and roll G-String Girls iconic G-Strings and pasties style.....
*Their nemisis Post reporter Ted Robinson is hot on their tail yet again
*With the FBI...more
Tara Kable
I thought this book was hilarious! I mean there is g-string girls, and firecrackers in places they shouldnt be! Ha!! Im a little over Ted, but thankfully he wasnt as prominent in this book. All in all, another good addition to the series.
Debbie
Ok I think I am done with the sisterhood books. They are getting really unrealistic and too violent for me. Too bad because I really kind of liked the first couple of books in the series.
Rhonda
Rhonda
Apr 01, 2008 Rhonda rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mystery and humor fans.
Judge Easter was not expecting the surprise visit from Supreme Court Justice Pearl Barnes at the time of night when everyone should be sleeping but that doesn't compare to what was told to her by her good friend Pearl.
Needless to say, after not much thought Judge Easter calls Charles Martin with a situation that can't wait to be fixed and there is not a wide window of opportunity in which to fix the problem.
On the otehr side of the world the Sisters are restless and itching to get back to the S...more
Amylou1977
NOT EVEN AN OCEAN CAN KEEP THE SISTERHOOD FROM HELPING A FRIEND IN NEED...There is no match for the Sisterhood-the seven friends who have taken vigilante justice to a new level-not even the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Although the women foiled former FBI director Mitch Riley's plot to frame their friends judge Nellie Easter and lawyer Lizzie Fox, now they must remain in exile or risk capture They can't complain about their opulent digs on a remote, luxurious mountain top, but the ladies des...more
Kathy Davie
Ninth in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series based in Washington D.C. although the ladies are currently in exile in Spain and revolving around a group of women seeking a more just justice than could be found in the courts.

The Story
Supreme Court Chief Justice Pearl Barnes is in trouble. And she's not above blackmailing one of her oldest friends into helping her. When the judge confronts Nellie Easter with what she knows and what she needs, Nellie is appalled. She wants to help her friend. H...more
Doris
The title caught my eye right away and the synopsis sounded intriguing. This package being provided by author Fern Michaels rounded off a good deal - I simply could not resist. However ...
Well, what I found rather disturbing was that the story was introduced as a Sisterhood ... only to be organised and controlled by men. That, somehow, did not quite make sense - to me anyhow. Yes, there is a sisterhood - in fact, most main players are women who do appear to have a say in the overall matters, but...more
Susan
I enjoyed the book and most of the characters, although it was obvious I was missing some information about them. Perhaps I would have liked it more if I had realized it's a series and this was not the first book. The plot: I group of refugee vigilantes is called in to help take down blackmailers of a judge. The judge runs an underground railroad to help women and children escape violent men.
The problem is I can't figure out what happened to get the vigilantes on the run. And I don't understand...more
Liz
The Sisterhood was back at it again, this time helping a Supreme Court Judge and relocating to Pine Mountain in the states. Good action and some good laughs too.
Jodi
Linda Farrell
Once again, quick, easy to follow, great plot but...the author is of another age, straining to be 'hip, up-to-date' and the strain shows. Reactions are way over the top with characters going ballistic over tiny things, just to show the writer has a grasp of today's language. Romance is thrown in, again with a far reach. There's always a 'tear in the eye' as their eyes meet, star crossed lovers...hmmm, no, that's wrong as I can't remember anything more than brief kisses taking place. I wish the s...more
Roz Curney-Sherod
I really enjoyed this one! I'm interested to see where the Sisterhood goes from here with their membership.
Nikki
This series can have some hard to believe plot twists but the books are always entertaining.
Marcia
THat was fun. I didn't realize it was a number 2 in a series but it was lighthearted and good escapsim for the daily commute.
PWRL
Apr 07, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
O
Jean
I really enjoyed it.I love reading her books.
Mark Buehl
This is a great book from the Sisterhood series. It is funny and still a very serious thriller book. I am not reading this series by Fern Michaels in order. I maybe should, but since I started in the middle and have been working in both directions, this review maybe tainted some. Each book in the Sisterhood Series adds members to the Sisterhood group and foils the bad guys in the end. You know they will, but still getting the end is very enjoyable and a very good read.

Sandy
While this book was somewhat predictable based on the length of the series, it was a good book overall. It is always interesting to find out what the girls are going to do next!

Fern Michaels is an excellent author and has a way of putting readers rights into the story. She is one of the few authors that I can read with noise in the background, as she is capable of getting my interest so deep in the story that I block out my surroundings!
Carol  MacInnis
Now that the Sisterhood has foiled Mitch Riley, they have been placed in a remote mountaintop home away from home that has everything one would want, but the girls are getting homesick for the beloved USA.

Now Supreme Court Chief Justice Pearl Barnes has called on the 'chicks' to help her out, which means 'sneaking' back into the States without anyone's knowledge and help their friend. Another Fern Michaels classic!
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
After reading the Sisterhood series, I am really disappointed how this continuing series is going. The series probably should have stopped before now. The stories are getting a bit far-fetched and much more violent. I'm not liking the girls as much as I did before. I will continue to read the series as I own it...crossing my fingers that FM does the next one better. She definitely dropped the ball with this one.
Elizabeth
Christy
Pearl, Chief Justice, goes to the vigilantes, a group of women who take justice into their own hands, for help as she is being blackmailed by her ex son in law. The women do a stint as the “G string” girls. The ending was very weak, no solution as to what happened to the blackmailers, or if there were more people involved.
Allen
All the books in this series are good reads so far. This was #9. It was less gory that the previous ones.
Patricia Solla
And so it continues. The stunts that are described are not easily pulled off but between the situations and the solutions this storyline continues to be fun, slightly romantic, and exciting to read. Now they are back on American soil. Guess we'll be finding what happens next as the series continues.
Wanda
I liked the book. I think it was better than the last book. Although some parts were not great, the rest kept me in suspense. I am curious as to what happened to Maggie and Ted. I'm not exactly sure what justice was done to the enemy. I do love the Myra and Annie interaction. It really makes me laugh.
Darlene Ferland
This series is so good! The Vigilantes are at it again but this time they have to travel back to the USA to help a Supreme Court Justice. Dressed as a scantily clad member of an all-girl rock group, they are smuggled into DC. Even the ladies of a certain are latex bound and look a lifetime younger.
Susan Coley
Re-read this book trying to figure out which books in the series I've missed. This is my summer series that I want to read all volumes. Last summer it was the Death series by JD Robb and the Stephanie Plum books. I'm getting caught up on the Number One Ladies series also.
Amos
missed first copy of series, but this read quite well. Copy pb of Lawrence Library. Quite good, merged with Black and the Run as DC based... Geopolitical reads. bit like camel club books yet completely different premise thou the people are much the same.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Another good book from the Sisterhood series! I love the justice the Sisterhood serves up. In this book they help out Supreme Court Chief Justice Pearl Barnes who is a close personal friend of the sisters. Definately a great story I would recommend!
  • 6 Rainier Drive (Cedar Cove, #6)
  • Possessions
  • Vineyard Fear (Martha's Vineyard Mystery #4)
  • Summer's Child
  • Ashes of Roses (Tales of the Latter Kingdoms, #4)
  • Stalemate (Eve Duncan, #7)
  • Flirting with Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • Haunted
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)