Start by marking “King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)” as Want to Read:
King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)

King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul #3)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  5,384 ratings  ·  262 reviews
One passion could unite them.
One enemy could destroy them.

Rain, the proud and haunted Fey King, risked everything to follow his heart and his destiny to Ellysetta—his truemate, his love, the woodcarver's daughter who possessed miraculous gifts she did not understand. He defied the nobles of Celieria to claim her, battled demons and Elden mages to wed her.

And now he must p
ebook
Published September 30th 2008 by Dorchester Publishing Company, Incorporated (first published September 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about King of Sword and Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King of Sword and Sky

Robin (Bridge Four)
It is hard for me to rate this, because I liked the book so much but if I was just judging it on being a fantasy or a romance it might fall a little short.

Just Fantasy =
Just Romance =
Romantasy =

But as a mash up of two of my favorite genres it is better than just one or the other. This is a romance first and a fantasy second. But don’t let that deter you as there are some great concepts and world building elements along the way.

Ellysetta has been foreseen by the eye to be the one person who
Jeanne
It's really a shame that these books are classified as Romance, because I feel they would appeal to a much larger audience were they not. Cheryl Wilson has crafted a marvelous fantasy world complete with all the elements including a language for her Fey. Her characters are complex and her pacing is some of the best I've seen. Yes, there are romantic elements, but they are not gratuitous at all and add to the complexity of her story. I found myself many a night staying up to read far later than I ...more
Kristalia
Final rating: /

"It seems to me when the ways of the past lead only to death, then change is the only hope for life.”

This series keeps surprising me. I did not expect so many things of vital significance to be revealed in this book. It was just great. I do not have any regrets picking this series up (and my friend knows just what kind of books i love, so i thank her for recommending me this) - it might even become one of my favorite series.

This time there were greatly written battles, lots
C.L. Wilson
Sep 20, 2008 C.L. Wilson added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-by-me
Only One Enemy Could Destroy Them.

“C. L. Wilson’s exquisitely written romantic fantasy debut will dazzle readers with its richly imaginative story” —Chicago Tribune on Lord of the Fading Lands

Only One Love Could Unite Them.

“Wilson jumps back into her tale without skipping a beat, expanding her world with finesse while boldly taking her story in entirely unexpected directions.” —Publishers Weekly on Lady of Light and Shadows

Only Together Could They Lead Their People To Victory…

The magical tai
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
This is a combined review over the 5 books of this Series.

OK...so I read all 5 of this series non stop this weekend...

I just couldn't put this series down for the life of me.

Yes, it does drag on in parts and found myself skimming over paragraphs but overall this was a freakin fantastic series full of Fey, Dragons, Mages, Elves and so many other characters...but...

who won my heart??

Ellie - shit...she was a perfect main character and stole the book for me. From the beginning, the way the author de
Barbara M.
I know it's weird, but is it normal to be as depressed as I am that I won't get another shot of Wilson's finest before October??? Argh..You would think after reading all 3 books in this series back to back to back that I would be a little ready to move on...but I'm not! It's been a long time since I've been this hooked on a series. So here's my second question...

Is it better to have read and have to impatiently wait...or to have never read something so wonderful at all?
Zeek
Wilson hits the mark once again with this the third installment in Wilson's Tairen Souls series! The characters are finally coming into their own and Elly is FINALLY learning to let go and trust her mate. Not enough to complete the bond, which is sorta frustrating, but she's getting there. And let me tell you, these two are generating some steam when they get together!

In KOS&S, Elly and Rain are on their way to The Fading Lands, the home of the Fey and where Rain is King. This book focuses m
Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
Mar 10, 2015 Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants the BEST of fantasy and romance
Recommended to Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) by: Stacia
[EDIT March 2015] Re-reading this series for I think the fourth time (also listened to the wonderful audios) and never will tire of this story and spending time in the incredible world this author has created. My favorite fantisy world I have visited in a book! This particular one I have in hardback and signed by the author - a treasure as not many hardbacks were done. Moving on to the next book! My original review from 2010 is below - no way to explain just why this is so special.

I read this se
Lady of the Lake
THIS WAS OUTSTANDING!!!!

The entire series was superb! Sometimes when there are sequels to a good book (of any genre) they have a tendency to deteriorate in quality as the stories continue....THIS DID THE OPPOSITE! The storyline got deeper it was just fabulous. Wilson did such a phenomenal job at creating the world in which this takes place. There was nothing left out, from the visuals to the characters to the spoken language that was developed for the Fae! (I find myself using some of the phras
Katie(babs)
C.L. has a lot to live up to with this third book and the continuing tale of Ellysetta Baristani and her soul mate and husband Rainer vel’En Daris who must save the Tairens from extinction. Ellysetta is the key to the Tairen’s salvation and if she fails, both the Fey and Tairen will fall victim to their enemy, the Mages of Eld. King of Sword and Sky begins where Lady of Light and Shadow has left off. Rain is taking Ellie to his home, the Fading Lands, along with her father, Sol, and her younger ...more
valee
PERFECTION.

She reached up to cup his face in her hands. "Do you love me, Rain?"
"More than I knew it was possible to love. All the stars will fall from the heavens before I ever stop."

**SIGH
Kathleen
This book was so amazing that I don't think my review will do it justice but I'll tell you what I found so amazing about this book, EVERYTHING! From the imagination used in writing it, the story itself, the characters, the feelings it gave me while reading it, the good verses evil, the fighting scenes, the love scenes, The magic. WOW! WOW! WOW!

See I told you I could not write a review deserving of this story/series. All's I can add is, if you have thought about giving this series a try, I say wh
Steven Peterson
I never would have believed that I'd be reading a fantasy and fantasy romance work like this. But, after having read the first two books in this series, I am hooked! And the third keeps me hooked.

The two key characters are Rainer vel'En Daris, the Fey King, and Elysetta Baristani, purportedly a woodcutter's daughter but, actually, much more than that. Indeed, her parents, with the intervention of the evil High Mage of Eld, Vadim Maur, have created a powerful woman, with magic of great depth. And
Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines)
"I think you look upon this Fey more favorably than he deserves, kem'san."

"Nei, I see him plainly enough." She laid her palm against his chest. "And I love the Fey I see."

So the battle begins and it was fantastic! This story was as intense as it is addicting. A lot of events unfold and there are many questions that still need answers.
From her first trip to the Fading Lands, until the last battle in Orest, poor Ellysetta's heart and magic are tested relentlessly. Despite the fact that she brings
Lynda Warnock
Amazing...incredible…outstanding…these words are not enough to describe the third installment of the Tairen Soul SeriesKing of Sword and Sky by C.L. Wilson. I read the first two books and have been anxiously awaiting the last two in the series. I was not disappointed one iota.

Ms. Wilson is a phenomenal world builder, so much so you can see every room, mountain, and road in your mind’s eye as you are immersed in the story of Rain and Ellysetta and the rest of the Fey. The first books were exce
Ronda  Tutt
Keri

4 STARS - I REALLY LIKED IT
AUDIOBOOK
Narrator: Emily Durante

This third book in the series was much better than the second book, Lady of Light and Shadows. The story picked up from where things left off in book 2 but everything moved along at a much faster pace. We finally get to see the Fading Lands and meet more of the Fey. And while Rain had always talked so favorable of the Fading Lands, things aren't perfect there.

We also learn a lot more about what is happening in Eld and that is interesting
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)

Ellysetta is going to the Fading Lands with her mate Rain to try and and heal the yet unborn Tairen, as was foretold by the powerful Tairen Eye. But, Rain didn't expect to come home to dissension within his own people, and now that the Eld are planning to attack they must all work together or be destroyed.

We are midway through the Tairen Soul series now with King of Sword and Sky, I tend to find that midway through a fantasy series is when all the action happens. But it doesn't really seem to b
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)
My review can also be found on Reading Lark After Dark: http://readinglarkafterdark.blogspot....

You know what I hate about completing this book?? I'm now past the half-way point in this series. Only two books left, and I'll be so sad when it's all over. *sniff*

King of Sword and Sky continues its rich story-telling, wonderful character development, and we finally get to meet the Tairen. What awesome creatures they are... and by awesome I mean, magnificent, enormous, highly intelligent and fierce
Leslie
Tairen's breath of fire reigns,
She of red hair feeds the flame.
She soothes the soul cast in chains
Because of love she holds no blame.

While he embraces her love so pure
And guides her to her waiting fate.
With magic and sword they will secure
This land of legend and truemates.

The third book in the Tairen Soul series is nothing short of wonderful. After reading Lord of the Fading Lands and Lady of Light and Shadows it was obvious that C. L. Wilson wasn't just a one hit wonder. She has what it takes
Crazy4more
5 stars all the way. The best part of this series is the love for these characters. They are so colorful and so full of love, passion, life. The plot... amazing and so exciting. Rain and Ellie are coming into their roles as king and queen. And Ellie is just at the tip of an iceberg when it comes to her magic. How true, every gift has a price and when you let love takes the lead, it's priceless.

When it comes to love, Rain and Ellie definitely wrote the book. From the little thing like from having
Amy
Absolutely beautiful! This book also has some epic battle scenes, and it's just the beginning.

The beginning was a bit slow, but the story got a lot better in the middle and end. We see some startling revelations. The love story of Rain and Ellysetta is moving along nicely. We learn more about what the High Mage is actually doing with the Well of Souls. All aspects of this epic story are progressing nicely!

Can't wait to read the next book!
Kaleigha
I would have to be so bold as to say that I wish I could give this four and a half stars, since I found it even better than the first two offerings in the series. As the connection between Rain and Ellie grows, so to do the elements trying to tear them apart. Beautifully written and paced, this is definitely a great read, the only problem now is waiting for the next installment.
Carolyn F.
This book takes Ellie and Rain to fairy where at first everyone loves her and then they start attacking her. This shows the closeness between Rain and Ellie and their relationship with the Tairen. Ends horrible (but good for the books). I'm moving straight on to book #4 and have liked this series so much I preordered book #5. Wonderful series, would recommend it.
Susie
This one so far is my favourite, even though there is much fighting there is also so very much love. The Fading Lands are a delight as is the Tairen with their fierceness and humour and Ellie and Rain are just beautiful together. Jumping straight into the next one.
Julie
Just WOW what a series; it contiues to surprise me...Super intense- can't wait to read the next one!!!
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
4 Stars
I'm completely and utterly in love with this series
Lokki
King of Sword and Sky continues the story of Ellie and Rain. Although it begins a little slowly, the slow start helps ease you back into things (frankly though, since I'm reading these books back-to-back, I really didn't need the warm up). Picking up practically right where the last book left off, the story starts to build up speed until your heart is racing, your pulse is pounding and you’re turning the pages as fast as you can. It was a great read!

The book opens with Rain and Ellie travelling
  • Warlord  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #3)
  • The Mage's Daughter (Nine Kingdoms, #2)
  • The Battle Sylph (Sylph, #1)
  • Entreat Me
  • The Wolf (Sons of Destiny, #2)
  • Heart Duel (Celta's Heartmates, #3)
  • The Fire Lord's Lover (The Elven Lords, #1)
  • Scoundrel (The Blades of the Rose, #2)
  • Siren Song
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #2)
  • Queen of the Darkness (The Black Jewels, #3)
  • Pure Healing (Pure Ones, #1)
C.L. Wilsons unique blend of pulse-pounding action, sweeping epic fantasy, and passionate romance has made her books a favorite read for romance and fantasy readers alike. Praised for exceptional worldbuilding and lyric prose, her critically acclaimed novels have regularly appeared on bestseller lists including the USA Today, the New York Times, and Publishers Weekly.

C.Ls novels have won numerous
More about C.L. Wilson...

Tairen Soul (5 books)
  • Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1)
  • Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2)
  • Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4)
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2) Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4) Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5) The Winter King (Weathermages of Mystral, #1)

“Live well.
Love deep.
Tomorrow, we die.”
20 likes
“That was the strength of Ellysetta's weave. Bright, unyielding,indefatigable love. Love that did not know surrender. Love that did not understand limitations or even basic self-preservation. Love that would batter itself to death before giving in to defeat.” 14 likes