Start by marking “Talk Me Down (Tumble Creek, #1)” as Want to Read:
Talk Me Down (Tumble Creek, #1)

Talk Me Down (Tumble Creek #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  8,014 ratings  ·  462 reviews
Molly Jenkins has one naughty little secret: her job as a bestselling erotic fiction author. Until her inspiration runs dry--thanks to a creepy ex--and it's time to skip town and move back to tiny Tumble Creek, Colorado.

One look at former high school hunk chief of police Ben Lawson and Molly is back in business. The town gossip is buzzing at her door and, worse still, a st
Published January 1st 2009 by Harlequin Books (first published December 25th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Talk Me Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talk Me Down

♡Karlyn P♡
DNF. I got halfway and called it quits. I wanted to like this one, but it read too much like a run-of-the-mill HQN Blaze(ish) with very little story and whole lot of sex starting in the first few chapters. Now typically I love a romances with a lot of good sex, but for me I need to get to know the characters and care about them. I also need a compelling story to glue it all together, not some shallow mystery with an obvious ending. I didn't get any of that in this story.

In all fairness I believ
Auntee
Jan 17, 2009 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of hot, contemporary romance
Recommended to Auntee by: JJ, Kathrynn
Add me to the list of fans of Victoria Dahl's extremely sexy, and often hilarious romance, Talk Me Down. This book was packed with sexual tension, was blessed with witty dialogue, had some laugh out loud moments, and even had an element of suspense thrown it. I was totally captivated by it, so much so that I had a hard time putting it down.

Molly Jennings writes erotic romance, is quite successful at it, but no one knows about it. Not her family or friends. No one but her editor. It's her little
Mahyar
Damn entertaining! One of the best laugh-out-loud funny books I’ve ever read. I loved Ben and his unfunny yet adorable jokes. And Molly was such a flirt! Who knew girls could be so good at dirty talking? After reading about numerous shy and inhibited heroines, I really enjoyed Molly’s boldness. Actually, all characters in this book were quite awesome except Cameron, who was the most annoying person EVER.

It wasn’t just a funny book, though; it was hot too. Sizzling hot! One of my favorite scenes:
Anzu The Great Destroyer
When he put his hands on his hips, she could see his big gun, and not the big gun she was interested in, either.

And so starts my most wonderful adventure into Hornyland. That’s right folks. Don’t miss this chance for nothing in the world! This book is a must-read!

*sarcasm ends here*

What. The. F*ck.

Seriously.

Another book involving a horny city girl and a pansy village guy. Nothing new to see here. No humor, no story, no character development. Only stupidity thrown around in order to fill i
Shawna
5 stars – Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense

After reading so many positive reviews by several GR friends, I had high expectations for "Talk Me Down" and I'm thrilled to say that it did not disappoint. It’s a highly entertaining contemporary romance romp with sexy, funny dialogue, a quirky, albeit often frustrating heroine, a sexy-as-sin, sweet hero, and even a stalker subplot with lots of twists thrown in for some added intrigue. I thoroughly enjoyed the clever writing, laugh-out-loud humor,
jenjn79
The only reason I bought this book was because I was wandering around Borders, saw it, and remembered that a bunch of my GR friends had rated it highly. So I thought I'd give it a try. And it was a good pick-up - a surprisingly steamy, funny contemporary romance.

Talk Me Down is about Molly Jennings, an erotic romance writer, who moves back to her small hometown of Tumble Creek after a bad break-up with an boyfriend who has possibly turned into a delusional stalker. The experience left her unable
Mo
“I’ve had a rough six months, okay?” she cried. “Little Blue was my last friend, and frankly the last time his batteries ran out I had a fleeting moment of panic that he’d been compromised!”

First time reading this author and I must say I enjoyed it. Witty, sassy heroine. Tough, brooding hero. Will be checking out more by this author.

LiteraryLover
Talk Me Down was a rather cute story about a young woman named Molly, moving back to the small town she grew up in after living in the city. Tumble Creek is an extremely small town near Aspen, CO where during the winter the entire city is literally closed off from the world. Molly has enjoyed living in Denver for many years and her career as an erotic fiction writer has given her stability and freedom from having to rely on anyone. However, after her aunt dies she's willed to own the house and d ...more
Kathrynn
Jan 14, 2009 Kathrynn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Feel-good, Funny, Romantic-Suspense Readers
What a nice feel-good, funny, very hot, romantic-suspense set in a rural town about 4 hours north of Denver, Colorado. The two main characters, Molly and Ben, were a delight to read about. As I was reading, felt a tad of Robyn Carr's style as other members of the small rural town were introduced. A series could easily come from the other characters, i.e., Quinn (Molly's brother), Lori, Helen, etc. I'd sure run out and buy more in this series by this author!

Molly is a popular erotic romance novel
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Say it out loud : FUHHHH...FUHHHH...FUUUUHHNNNNN...UHHNNNNNN...FUN.

Warning : This book may cause smiles, giggling, laughing, and/or snorting.

Talk Me Down was a good time. The story was basic, the mystery was easily solved, and I doubt I'll remember much else about the book other than the fact that it was cute, funny, and sexy.

Sometimes that's all I need, especially after reading one extremely emotional book, one lengthy high fantasy, and a book with characters who made me want to sit in a corn
Catherine
Joint review with Sophia originally posted on Fiction Vixen.

Book Chat with Catherine and Sophia – Talk Me Down by Victoria Dahl

Today Catherine and I are chatting about Talk Me Down by Victoria Dahl. Since this is a book chat the following may be considered slightly spoilery. We’ve tried not to reveal anything key that would ruin the book for anybody, but everyone has a different opinion about what a spoiler is so keep that in mind if you decide to read any further.

Molly Jennings is a best sellin
AH
Loved it!

What a fun book to read! If you enjoy reading contemporary romance, Talk Me Down by Victoria Dahl is a treat. It was sweet, humorous, and sexy. I was actually sad that the book ended; I wanted to stay in Tumble Creek just a little bit longer.

Why was this book such an enjoyable read? I would have to say it has to be the characters. Ben Lawson and Molly Jennings are a really interesting couple. Ben is the police chief of Tumble Creek. He is well respected, well liked, and a really nice g
MelissaB
Jan 19, 2009 MelissaB rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to MelissaB by: auntee, holly
I was annoyed with the heroine for not telling the COP hero about the guy stalking her and about keeping her occupation secret when she supposedly was not ashamed of it. She seemed very selfish about those things and I didn't like how she tried so hard to make everything only about the physical because I didn't get the sense that she had real reason for that except for the author to further the plotlines. The star rating got bumped up from a three because the ending was pretty good and because B ...more
Ridley
I wavered between a 3 and a 4 for this book. I'd say it suffered from Mary Jo Putney disease - an excellent emotional story derailed a bit by a poorly executed suspense plot.

Before I read this, I had seen people disparage the heroine as behaving like a "dog in heat." Apparently I am a shameless hussy, because this is one of the few contemporary heroines I've read who took her sexuality by the horns and I thought it was wonderful to see.

Molly Jennings is an erotic romance writer who's moved back
valee
3.5 STARS

I liked this book a lot. Definitely something different. It was great to read a book with a main character who was an erotic author,LOL. I always wanted to know how they were in their normal lives and this was a great insight. I never thought about all the things that could come with being an author of this genre. Now I have some major respect for all those authors who get in similar kind of complications this character did.

This book was fun to read, I can't remember the last time I lau
Leah
I really liked this book and I'm really glad that I bookswapped with D.G. for it. I've been meaning to read this series for a while now, ever since I saw the third book of the series in the store, and I'm glad that I finally started it. Now I really want the second book!

I totally knew who the stalker stalkers were, I just want to say that, first thing. At first, I was second guessing myself, thinking, "No, there can only be one! Not two!" Low and behold...I was right! MWHAHAHAHAHA!

Now, I really
Emily May
I decided to read this after discovering several shining reviews from goodreads friends. It seems that for about a month I've struggled to read anything serious; I'm getting really into chick-lit and humour books at the moment, anyone who's seen my Julie James marathon will already know this. Talk Me Down is about 90% extremely light-hearted, funny and sexy, whilst the other 10% is creepy stalker-ish but I also enjoyed this as a kind of background subplot.

The story is about Molly, a writer of er
Julie (jjmachshev)
A lot hot, a lot humorous, and just a whole lot of fun! "Talk Me Down" by Victoria Dahl is the story of a woman who moves back to her tiny hometown to escape from a determined, but fairly harmless stalker; only to run into the boy-turned-man who fueled the fantasies that turned her into a best-selling erotica author.

She keeps her secrets to avoid disappointment. He hates secrets and scandal. She's a hot-selling erotica author. He's a small-town sheriff. They're both having a hard time keeping t
Miss Kim
4 ½ stars

Talk Me Down should be titled Talk Dirty to Me, and that’s not just because I’m a big Poison fan, either. Whew! Hot, hot hot! I really enjoyed this story about a cop—my favorite hero—and an erotic romance writer. He was her brother’s best friend while growing up, and she was too young for him. She’s had a crush on him for years, and has even written one of her novels with him as the hero. She’s come back to town permanently, and has pretty much blew his socks off. However, she convenien
Holly
Trying to escape her ex boyfriend and his band of Merry Men, Molly Jennings returns to her hometown of Tumble Creek, Colorado and immediately runs into her naughty muse, Chief of Police, Ben Lawson. Ever since their last encounter ten years ago, Ben has been her secret inspiration in her career as an erotic fiction author and seeing him again has caused her imagination to go into overdrive. And that's not the only thing that is in overdrive. The town's gossips are in an uproar, dogging her every ...more
Alisha
I think it's great when you can enjoy a book's characters as much as any other element (the plotting, setting, etc.). This book excelled in that area. Main characters Ben and Molly were amusing and interesting, both separately and together. And well fleshed out, too...I found myself thinking on more than one occasion that I'd love to know them. :o)

I also liked the litle taste we got of the supporting characters. If they become mains in future books, I'll look forward to reading them. (edit: just
librarygirl
I keep going back and forth with my star rating. I loved this book but got tired of Molly about half way through. She was hilarious but her secrecy and stubborness got old fast. Other than that, I loved it! It was a fast, funny read and Ben was awesome!
Lady Heather
I've had a copy of this book for awhile, and have put off reading it because I haven't read anything from this Author before. Well....I wish I would have picked this book up sooner!

The story is about Molly Jennings, a girl returning to her hometown after being away for 10 years, and Ben Lawson, the local Police Chief.

This story had a little bit of everything. There was an AMAZING love story, friggn AWESOME/HOT sex scenes, a creepy ex-boyfriend (who was also stalking Molly), a BIG secret that co
Jacob Proffitt
Hooo boy. This book was quite a ride. The story was good, with solid characters and an okay plot. I don't think the “thriller” parts worked very well, but I wasn't reading for those, so it didn't really matter.

I rather liked Molly, though I lost some charity for her towards the end. She's a good mixture of vulnerable and courageous and just trying to work things through and I liked that Ben seemed to fit very well into that mix. And while you can see the crash coming for most of the book, it pla
Quinn
I wasn't sure what I was going to think of Talk Me Down. I'd heard good things, but the same could be said of my only other Victoria Dahl read, Crazy for Love, and that one didn't really work for me. I thought I was going to be in for more of the same.

To start with, I thought the tone of the book was going to be way too light for me, and I was having a mild sense of déjà vu with Letters to a Secret Lover, but then I started enjoying this one for what it was - a quick, fun, sexy read with an inte
Corrine
Mar 23, 2009 Corrine rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of light, sexy contemporary romance
Overall, though I did have a few problems with this book, this was a fast, fun, sexy and not too deep read. Molly has returned to her home town of Tumble Creek, CO, after inheriting a house. She's hoping the move will jump start her muse (she writes erotic fiction), keep her stalker ex away, and give her time to reacquaint herself with police chief Ben Lawson. The last time Ben saw Molly, he was 22, she was 17, and he was caught in a very compromising situation. Molly has built fantasies about t ...more
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
So I have to admit that I've had this book (the whole series actually) for about a year and a half and for some reason I always forgot to start them. This was my first book by this author and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was written very well, with humor, good characters, a decent storyline, and good chemistry between the hero and heroine.

Molly is a fun girl to read about, even though at times she made me want to pull my hair out and/or roll my eyes. She stumbled into the career of
Susi
This book took my by surprise. Yes, I should have guessed. So many people that this is very good book and so on. But seriously, I never thought it would grip so fast and hard. Couldn't stop reading it although I had to learn for my exams. So you are warned its very intoxicating! This is one of the best books I read so far this year and I can't wait to read the second installment! If you haven't read it: Go and get it Now!
Duchess Nicole
This is a sweet and surprisingly sexy contemporary. I had read her Brewery series and liked it, as Ms. Dahl writes really likeable characters. I always get the feeling that they could be the couple living next door instead of fictional people. Ben and Molly are easily relate-able. No one makes any spectacularly idiotic decisions, though Molly's decision to hide her career choice didn't necessarily make a lot of sense. She's an erotic romance writer. She hides what she does from everyone in her l ...more
Leea
Mar 13, 2012 Leea rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fun Contemporary Romance
Recommended to Leea by: Stacia (the 2010 club)
Shelves: cont-romance
4 funny bright sexy stars…

Talk Me Down made me laugh, giggle and then melt. This is contemporary romance done right. Small town girl who’s in love with the small town boy since High School finally moves back and makes her move. Classic story, but Molly makes this book shine.

"Oh. My. God." She thought she'd electrocuted herself with a defective sex toy.”

Molly is funny, smart, sassy, cute and confident. She knows what she want’s and that Ben Lawson. Her confidence is what makes you fall head ove
  • Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3)
  • Can't Stand the Heat (Recipe for Love #1)
  • Sugar Creek (Destiny, #2)
  • Talk of the Town (Glory NC, #1)
  • Bending the Rules (Sisterhood Diaries, #2)
  • Romeo, Romeo (Domestic Gods, #1)
  • The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2)
  • Sex, Lies, and Online Dating (Writer Friends, #1)
  • And One Last Thing ...
  • Under Her Skin (Lone Star Sisters, #1)
  • Give Him the Slip (Callahan Brothers, #1)
I have my mother to thank for my passion for writing. My mom is an avid reader of popular fiction, and I began reading highly inappropriate books around the age of eleven, I think. (Thanks, Mom, for always leaving those delicious books strewn about!)

To Tempt a Scotsman, a Golden Heart winning historical, was my first published book. Here I am signing the cover! A Rake's Guide to Pleasure (which w
More about Victoria Dahl...
Bad Boys Do (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #2) Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2) Good Girls Don't (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #1) Lead Me On (Tumble Creek, #3) Real Men Will (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #3)

“Lori sat way back in her chair and gave him the once-over. "What in the world's gotten into Ben Lawson? jokes? Flirting? Maybe I should sleep with Molly. I think she's got a magic hooha.” 20 likes
“Yes, she was imperfect. But that didn’t mean she wasn’t also spectacular.” 18 likes