Start by marking “Blue Bayou” as Want to Read:
Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou (The Callahan Brothers #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  566 ratings  ·  25 reviews
JoAnn Ross, one of the fastest-rising stars in contemporary romance, begins a stunning trilogy that showcases her extraordinary storytelling ability and introduces the unforgettable, moss-draped splendor of Blue Bayou.

Published April 2nd 2002 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Bayou, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Bayou

Jacqueline
A fairly decent read that had potential to be so much better. The set up for the story was ripe with angst. But all that emotional potential was sort of ignored.

This was the story of young lovers, Jack and Danielle, who were separated by the heroine's father who forced the hero to leave her when they were teenaged lovers. Then he forced her to an unwed mothers home to have their baby and give it up for adoption. Now they have both moved back to Blue Bayou. He has purchased her ancestral home an
Willow
Having just discovered JoAnn Ross and looking forward to a delicious romantic southern trilogy I went into this one with high hopes. And yet again I was disappointed on the execution.
I don't know what it is, because the pieces are all there in her stories (at least in the two I've read so far.) A bayou setting, a Cajun man who is a former town hellraiser turned DEA agent turned drunk whose restoring the antebellum home his mother used to work in and the town princess lived in. The same town pri
Susan (susayq ~)
Well, I'm just not sure what to say. This didn't blow me away, but it didn't suck balls either. I loved the fact that it was set in south Louisiana, since that is where I was born and raised....the author even mentioned my hometown a couple of times in there. I'll admit, if you're not use to the Cajun accent and speech patterns, this may be a hard read, and I was a little irritated that readers may read this and think all Cajun people talk this way and sound sort of dumb and uneducated, when we ...more
Mom
Danielle Dupree, daughter of a prominent judge, was the closest thing to a princess the sleepy Louisiana town of Blue Bayou ever had. Her passionate teenage love affair with Jack Callahan was cut short for reasons that were never clear to Dani -- but were all too obvious to Jack, the sexy bad-boy son of Judge Dupree's housekeeper.

Thirteen years later Dani, a widow with a son, comes home to start a new life and is surprised that Jack, too, has moved back to the Bayou. A former DEA agent who is n
PChie
My first introduction of JoAnn Ross... Book came from my good friend Ms. Pauleen Abordo.
Gail
I love Joann Ross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maldivianbookreviewer
This is JoAnn Ross’s first book that I have ever tried out and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised at how good this story is. I think I picked up the “scent” of this novel in some discussion forum in Amazon and this book certainly does seem to have got its fair share of good reviews which the story certainly deserves.

Beautiful love story with enchanting characters and steamy sensuality that’s sure to be a winner for any romance novel lover.

Full review: http://bit.ly/9GV2Sk
Amos
Found in SHB's pile when we installed the Readers Stand 8/5/2010
Think I read this a couple years ago added to my to-read pile 8/5/10
started 9/18/2010 don't remember reading it but have read many like it.
Think I will order books 2 & 3 of this group.
Several words phrases used from Cajun dialect of Louisiana's bayou country. Most familiar from other books I have read/listened to. finis early am 9/20/2010.
started again 5/15/2011, finis 5/17/20
Karen
This is the first romance story in a while that I actually enjoyed. The first half is definitely stronger than the second. Yes, the characters could have developed more, but they were likable. The various subplots could have been more developed but I didn't read it for the suspence. the author flavored the dialog with Cajun patois without spelling it phoenetically. The sexy bits were hot. I liked the story and the writing. Definitely moving on to the second book.
Wendy
I really enjoyed this book, though I couldn't give it Five Stars because I felt that although the story was good, there could have been so much more. The heroine, Dani, had much mor potential. Her fathers story had room for intrigue and suspense that was never fullfilled. And at the end of the book I felt that she kind of hurried there, trying to get it wrapped up. Overall worth the read, but could have been more.

TF
I liked the book especially the setting, I love the bayou...at least in books. There were some things that irritated me in the book such as the father, I would never ever ever had forgiven him if I was any of the MC's, seriously he could have rotted away in the prison as far as I'm conserned.
Ana
I love this book!!!
The story line is great. The setting is definitely a change from all the big cities. the characters are good, though my favorite does have to be jack callahan. daniel dupree is just to original.its hot, steamy, and makes your imagination run wild.
Melanie
Woman returns to Blue Bayou, Louisiana to open the local library and encounters the man with whom she had a teenage fling. Old feelings reignite. Very similar to Nora Roberts. The chemistry not quite as charming, a little preachy. First of a trilogy. I'll read the rest
Ratforce
This is the first book in the Callahan Brothers trilogy, and it bears many similarities with Nora Roberts’ non-suspenseful romances. Vivid settings, sympathetic characters, and a focus on family and relationships may appeal to you.
Angela Williams
It's a get it book series! Have you ever had regrets on past relationships? If so, you need this one. Fast paces, heart pounding what's next thought process. I think they wrote about my life!
Scout
I loved this book!!!! I love the Louisiana Bayou setting and the story was magnificently told. I could not put it down. I am reading the second book in this three book series.
Anne OK
I loved this Bayou series. Great stories with a wonderfully developed cast of characters. The Callahan Bros were outstandingly cast and their intended HEA's a perfect match!
Connie
This book was good. Joann is very detailed in her writting. I may look for the others in this trilogy and see what the other Callahan Brothers are up too.
Linda
After I started reading this, I recalled having read it years ago, so I stopped reading. It's a fun, light romantic mystery.
Jodi
I struggled some with all the French in this book. I wasn't expecting all of that. Liked the story line though.
Stacy
not a bad book but don't think i'm going to go looking for more from her

Susan
Gd stry, lttle choppy, vry sxy, intrstg chrctrs, JR leans to trite
Mandy
Can't wait to read the next one.
Jill
Book 1 of Callahan Trilogy
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Jeanne
Jeanne marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
  • Smoke in the Wind (Harlequin Presents, #1104)
  • Sweet Revenge (New Orleans Trilogy, #2)
  • The Fall of Maggie Brown
  • The Secret of Cypriere Bayou (Shivers, #5)
  • Never Say Never (Callahan Brothers, #2)
  • Shattered
  • Killer Curves
  • Her Own Best Enemy
  • Undercover Lovers
  • Shotgun Wedding
  • A Not-So-Perfect Past
  • Into the Shadows (The Associates, #3)
  • Crimson Shadows (Crimison, #3)
  • Cullen's Bride (March Madness) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #914)
  • When I'm With You
  • Midnight Confessions
  • Skin Heat (Skin, #3)
  • Gabriel Hawk's Lady (The Protectors, #9) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #830)
New York Times bestselling author JoAnn Ross has written around a hundred novels for a bunch of publishers. Two of her titles have been excerpted in Cosmopolitan magazine and her books have also been published by the Doubleday, Rhapsody, Literary Guild, and Mystery Guild book clubs.

A member of the Romance Writers of America's Honor Roll of best-selling authors, she's won several awards, including
More about JoAnn Ross...

The Callahan Brothers (3 books)
  • River Road (Callahan Brothers, #2)
  • Magnolia Moon (Callahan Brothers, #3)
Freefall (High Risk #1) The Homecoming (Shelter Bay, #1) One Summer (Shelter Bay, #2) On Lavender Lane (Shelter Bay, #3) Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)