Start by marking “Visions Of Ransom Lake” as Want to Read:
Visions Of Ransom Lake

Visions Of Ransom Lake (Lake #1)

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  2,058 Ratings  ·  289 Reviews

Published January 1st 2002 by Distractions Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Visions Of Ransom Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visions Of Ransom Lake

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
*sigh*

It’s easy to tell why this is one of Marcia’s most popular books, it’s truly something special. Vaden and her proper sister Yvonne have come to live with their Aunt and Uncle for a year (view spoiler) One the day of their arrival, Vaden’s life is ch
Inspired Kathy
Jul 13, 2010 Inspired Kathy rated it it was amazing
Sigh...
I just love Marcia's books. Visions of Ransom Lake was just as good the second time around. There is just something about the ways Marcia writes that just draws me in. The characters, the humor, the romance, it all makes me smile I love this book! And the title...what a great title for this book.
Valerie Waters
Mar 13, 2012 Valerie Waters rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! I know I say that about every one of Marcia's books but seriously I was up until 3 am reading (my husband rolled over and said "Um, it's 3am! Don't you think you should turn the light off?????") Believe me if he hadn't woken up I would have pulled an all-nighter! I just connected with Vaden in the book! ANd Ransom.....ahhhh I Loved it! Most defiantly my favorite! So glad I paid the $.99 for this book!

This book has ruined me!! I have no desire to read anything else!
Katie W
10/12 I love to re-read this book around this time of year. The descriptions of the apples and pumpkins and autumn time really get me in the spirit of the season. I love Vaden and how bold she is and Handsome Ransom is great!

11/11 Handsome Ransom...one of my favorite romances!!!
Rachel
Aug 15, 2008 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably my favorite Marcia Lynn McClure book! I love Ransome Lake! He is one of my all time favorite heros!!
Heather
My very favorite!!!! I really loved this one! Vaden's zest for life and her being intrigued by the town "hermit" are so believable and heartfelt. I could feel the things she felt and could understand her frustrations, her excitments, ect. I loved the fall setting of this book. I enjoyed the situations where Ransom would be kissing her one day and then scowling at her the next - to me it made sense why he would do that. I am a sucker for a story where a man wants to keep himself distant from a wo ...more
Angie Cornelison
Oh my Goodness....I'm not sure where to start, or if I even have the words to describe how amazing this book was. It had me laughing so hard I was crying. Crying because I felt so much emotion. I couldn't put this book down! I read it in one sitting. It was that amazing! Marcia has such a gift for writing. This one's up there with the Highwayman of Tangelwood and Crimson Frost! Absolutely Fantastic!!
Kimber
Sep 04, 2009 Kimber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and I don't care who knows it! If you need a light read that is so romantic (in a clean, mushy, wonderful sort of way,) that it will make your heart ache, this is the book for you! But you'll start reading and think it's too cheesy to go on. Just ignore that feeling. It will go away as you get lost in the wonderful romance! Can't wait to dig into my second Marcia Lynn McClure book tonight. (Thanks LD!!!)
Katie
Jun 24, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would have to say this is one of my favorite books so far. Marcia Lynn McClure is a very good writer and now one of my favorites. Let me know if you read it and let me know what you thought about it.
Kelly
May 09, 2011 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, marcia-mcclure
I just love Maria McClure books! My heart just beats fast and I feel the power behind her writing. I love all the characters and I just can't say enough! They are just amazing! Can't wait to read more of her books!
I love this book! I've read it over and over and it doesn't matter how many times I read it, I can't put it down. Thank you Marcia!!
Jessica Wolf
So, so, so mushy. And so wonderful.

The Good:
I love stories set in the winter. There's something so cozy about it. So the fact that this was set in fall and winter was a double plus for me. The Visions of Ransom Lake was written very well. Very 20th century-esque, but good all the same.

I loved Vaden! She's a lot like Anne Shirley and Catherine Morland combined. Very imaginative, very expressive, and very dramatic. Her sister, Yvonne, was a great foil with her straight-laced ways and sense of prop
Becky
Jul 09, 2014 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vaden Valmont and her sister are spending a year with their aunt and uncle in a small town. Vaden is the naive and free spirited sister of the two. She would rather go fishing or reciting poetry sitting in a tree, then sit prim and proper at some social gathering. But Vaden is no child and has a heart and sole as big as anyone's. So when she first lays eyes on the seclusive, hermit type man, Ransom Lake, she is very curioius what had happened to him that would make him to isolate from the world ...more
Cortney
May 31, 2009 Cortney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Youthful beauty, naïve innocence, a romantic imagination thirsting for adventure-an apt description of Vaden Valmont, who would soon find the adventure and mystery she had always longed to experience-in the form of a man. A somber recluse, Ransom Lake descended from his solitary concealment in the mountains, wholly disinterested in people and their trivial affairs. And somehow, young Vaden managed to be ever in his way-either by accident or because of her own unique ability to stumble into a qua ...more
Dena (Batch of Books)
What a hunk. Seriously, I love Ransom. I love his uncouth ways and how he never seems to have a shirt on. I love the way Vaden is constantly flinging herself into his arms for comfort. He is such a tease and so sweet that it makes my insides tingle.

I started this book as a "guilty pleasure" to indulge in before I went to sleep. I figured it would probably take about two weeks to read it, if I read a little bit every night. I read the entire thing in one day. I couldn't put it down. I fell head o
Ashly
Aug 02, 2007 Ashly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
:-) This isn't a review! I'm just adding more to my opinion. Anything by Marcia Lynn McClure is AWESOME!! She writes clean romance. As they say on cleanromance.com, "all the romance, without the SHOCK" :-). Anyway, this one is my favorite by her and is NOW AVAILABLE in print!! :-) Yay!! You should check out all of her books and short stories. You can order copies or ebooks on her site at [www.marcialynnmcclure.com]. :-) Enjoy!
D'Le
Sep 25, 2007 D'Le rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marcia spins her tales of love, life and laughter...adventures woven around those compelling romantic instances that most appeal to a loving heart. Her books will leave you with a contented sigh,a delighted smile, feeling rejuvenated, cheerful and uplifted.(notes from about the author)
Her books do just as it says above. They're perfect!!!!
Tierra
Sep 03, 2009 Tierra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANY WOMAN
Recommended to Tierra by: Haley Browning
Shelves: own, romance, lds, fiction
I could NOT put the book down. I finished the book in one day and was halfway through another one the same day. I seriously got hooked and want to read everything she has written.

What a captivating tale this author weaves. And it is clean.

The only thing I don't care about is the cover art. It totally does not catch my eye. A case of don't judge a book by it's cover. For sure.
Aoi
Apr 22, 2014 Aoi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sheltered young romantic is fascinated and drawn towards to the reticent town hermit. The stuff of teenage fantasies! And Ransom- not only is he the strong silent type, but he's got a wicked sense of humour and kisses like a boss!

Cindy
Oct 21, 2008 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorites of hers! I could not put it down with all of it's twists and turns. Although I have read many of her books, I still found myself wondering if this one would be the first of hers I found to not have a happy ending. She never lets me down. :-)
Becky
May 28, 2011 Becky rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Saw this listed as the top "best clean romace books" on goodreads and I thought it sounded like it might be a fun read. I was so disappointed. Best word to describe this is RIDICULOUS. Although if you like books with A LOT of bare chests and stubble you might like this book!
Runrachel
Apr 13, 2008 Runrachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick read... very clean love story... what I love about Marcia.. she has a gift for describing sweet kisses.. so fun.. You can't put them down..
Machelle
Apr 12, 2010 Machelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I am totally addicted to this authors books. Can you tell. Sorry for the long emails this will send. She writes very clean romances. Love them.
Kellie Shotwell
Jul 16, 2008 Kellie Shotwell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marcia's books are my favorite! They are a great easy read, and so romantic! Still clean though! If you like clean romance by a great LDS author, I think you'll love this book as much as I did!
Channing
May 15, 2009 Channing rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ransom Lake was serious;y a hottie!! I would love to be stuck with him in cabin during a winter storm!
Chantele Sedgwick
Jan 08, 2010 Chantele Sedgwick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I think this is my favorite book by this author so far. Sure, there are cheesy parts, but I love a good clean romance and lovable, mysterious hero's!
Melanie
Mar 24, 2008 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like to call these books by Marcia Lynn McClure my Chick Lit! These books are easy reads but they always make me laugh. I'm a sucker for the whole Damsel in distress thing.
Karina
Jan 25, 2010 Karina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have to ditto Debbie...how can you not like a man named Ransom Lake?!! Rough, tortured souls just call out to be loved.
Camie
Mar 06, 2008 Camie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Camie by: Raylyn
I love a good clean romance! It's totally just mind candy and a cute feel good book where every thing turns out happy and wonderful. I can't help but love it!
Deanne
Aug 29, 2008 Deanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It was fun distraction for a few days. It is a romance novel set back in the 1800's. Forget team Edward or Jacob, I'm team Ransom.
Clean Romances: Marcia Lynn McClure Giveaway on Goodreads First Reads 2 31 Oct 02, 2011 12:01PM
  • Jayhawk
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • A Secret Fire
  • Loyalty's Web (Poitevin Hearts, #1)
  • Marian's Christmas Wish
  • Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)
  • Peace River (Rockland Ranch, #1)
  • Montana Summer
  • The Commander's Desire
  • Before the Dawn
  • The Widower's Wife
  • A Walk in Heaven
  • Towers of Brierley
  • After The Ashes
  • Dance With A Gunfighter
  • The Rancher (Redbourne, #1)
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic ...more
More about Marcia Lynn McClure...

Lake (2 books)
  • The Haunting of Autumn Lake

“long to taste the honeyed breeze and touch the rubied apple’s flavor—to speak with soft conversing leaves, the songs of sky’s white clouds to savor.” 0 likes
“Entwine thine arms about me, love. Protect me from the cold. Release me not for need of breath…nor fear of growing old. Keep safe our love with thine embrace. Keep warm my lips with thine. Let no one interfere this space that Heaven deemed is mine.” 0 likes