Start by marking “Never Say Die / Whistleblower” as Want to Read:
Never Say Die / Whistleblower

Never Say Die / Whistleblower

NEVER SAY DIE

Twenty years after her father's plane crashed, Willy Jane Maitland travels to Asia to track his final moves. She recognizes the danger, but her search for the truth is the only thing that matters. Former army officer Guy Barnard knows the mystical land so unfamiliar to Willy--and Willy knows she couldn't go on without him. But in a place where truth has many f
Published September 14th 2009 by Harlequin (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Never Say Die / Whistleblower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Say Die / Whistleblower

Siobhan
Aug 31, 2016 Siobhan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tess Gerritsen writes consistently good books. However, for me, the kind of good they are varies depending upon the era they come from. Never Say Die and Whistleblower both fall into her romantic thriller category, which is my least favourite category for her work. Don’t get me wrong, they’re both great books, but there is far too much of a romantic focus (as the category title would suggest).

If you’re a fan of all of Geritsen’s work – by that I mean you have read her nineties stuff and not just
Martha
May 16, 2016 Martha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed reading the "The Bone Garden", I attempted another book by Ms. Gerritsen from my library. This book was a bad choice. I enjoyed "Never Say Die" ever so slightly, and was just irritated consistently with "Whistleblower". NSD was about a pilot lost (presumed dead) in the Vietnam war with a daughter that goes in search of what really happened. It's quite far-fetched, but still had a few fun twists, even though it was mostly predictable (and I'm gullible like a small child). The second ...more
Preston
Never Say Die
---Never Say Die is an interesting story of a woman’s quest for her long to be believed dead father. Full of suspense and an immediate sense of mystery, this story is a much read for anyone looking for a quick thrill. Although at some points especially at the beginning it is unclear as to exactly what is happening, by the time the reader figures it out, you are already hooked.

Whistleblower
----Whistleblower on the other hand is the story of a company’s quest to keep a secret. Full of
 Doris Powell
These two stories are Tess Gerritsen earlier novels. I would not recommend them as she obviously is just learning how to write. Of the two WHISTLEBLOWER is the best. NEVER SAY DIE takes place in Southeast Asia, and the story is not very well put together. Plus Vietnam stories have never really appealed to me. WHISTLEBLOWER takes place in California, and is better at being put together. I read these two books because I have read all of Tess Gerritsen latest books.
Deby Depreta
Oct 29, 2013 Deby Depreta rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I did not realize these were romance thrillers. I do not like romance novels. They are contrived, predictable and way too sappy for my taste. They are unbelievable at best. That said, I am so glad Tess Gerritsen switched to medical thrillers. Her writing is tighter, more believable, and much more interesting.
Natalie Ruggiero
First time reading this author. Thought it was part of medical examiner series, but it was romance/mystery which I normally don't like romance novels. I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed these two stories and what a quick read they were. Highly recommend for beach reads or anytime.
Marcy Collins
Dec 29, 2013 Marcy Collins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading earlier works of Ms. Gerritsen's and was kept wanting to find out how the stories ended. These were enjoyable reads for me as I like reading mystery, romance and thrillers and was not disappointed.
Jen
Jun 07, 2008 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
These were good books. Man gets in trouble with bad guys, ropes a girl into his dilemna, they fall in love all the while taking the bad guys down. They kept me entertained and were easy reads.
Diane
Jun 19, 2013 Diane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Both were ok for a quick, mindless read. The romance parts are sappy. I found myself thinking "OH, PLEASE " quite often. But sometimes you are just in the mood for one of these type of stories.
Nickii Tasker
Nickii Tasker rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Shirley E. Towner
Shirley E. Towner rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2016
Lizette Avion Mc Clean
Lizette Avion Mc Clean rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2014
Lesley
Lesley rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2010
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2014
Diana Brockelbank
Diana Brockelbank rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2013
Corrine
Corrine rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2015
Deb S.
Deb S. rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2013
Laura Dohmen
Laura Dohmen rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2009
Frances
Frances rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Sue Radley
Sue Radley rated it liked it
May 20, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2014
Bihter
Bihter rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2010
Cherie Apers
Cherie Apers rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Phillip C Cobrand
Phillip C Cobrand rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Connie
Connie rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2010
Lorna Burgett
Lorna Burgett rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Patricia Mccammon
Patricia Mccammon rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
Rschaevitz
Rschaevitz rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2014
Betsy Campell
Betsy Campell rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Puppet For A Corpse
  • The Woman in the Alcove
  • Skinner's Ghosts (Bob Skinner, #7)
  • Defending His Own  (The Protectors, #4)
  • Sweet Death, Kind Death (A Kate Fansler Mystery #7)
  • Down River
  • Killing Cassidy (Dorothy Martin, #6)
  • Maigret and the Reluctant Witnesses
  • The Unicorn Creed (Argonian #2)
  • Emily Dickinson Is Dead (Homer Kelly, #5)
  • Death By Sheer Torture (Perry Trethowan, #1)
  • All Fall Down
  • Bum Steer (Jenny Cain, #6)
  • Precious Blood (Gregor Demarkian, #2)
  • The Secret House of Death
  • The Cape Cod Mystery (Asey Mayo, #1)
  • The Dragon and the Stars
  • That Way Murder Lies (Mitchell and Markby Village, #15)
Internationally bestselling author Tess Gerritsen took an unusual route to a writing career. A graduate of Stanford University, Tess went on to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she was awarded her M.D.

While on maternity leave from her work as a physician, she began to write fiction. In 1987, her first novel was published. Call After Midnight, a romantic thriller
More about Tess Gerritsen...

“Based on the timing, the circumstances. In July 1970, William Maitland vanished from the face of the earth. In August of the same year, we heard the first reports of a foreign pilot flying for the enemy. Running weapons and gold.” 1 likes
“The best heroes in the world are the reluctant ones. Courage isn’t fearlessness—it’s acting in the face of fear.” 1 likes