Start by marking “Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set” as Want to Read:
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Grim and perilous adventures await in the Old World in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay! As unlikely heroes thrust into adventure by the hands of fate, players will take up arms and spells to combat the might of enemies terrifying to behold! This Core Set comes complete with four comprehensive rulebooks that provide all the knowledge players need to explore the Old World, includ ...more
Toy, 288 pages
Published November 1st 2009 by Fantasy Flight Games

To ask other readers questions about Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set

Mike
Jul 11, 2010 Mike rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: gaming
The only reason I haven't given it a higher rating is because I have yet to actually play it, but let's review some of its elements:
-It has managed to incorporate a number of independent mechanics that might otherwise be somewhat overwhelming by giving access to well-designed tracking elements (cards for your career and all your abilities, with tokens for certain effects).
-Some folks might still be overwhelmed by all those elements, but no more than most new players are to a game that approaches
Moe
Really digging this new system. Not digging how it's being sold to us. This isn't a complete game. It's like a starter set, a beginners box and one that cost over $100. That aside this is a totally new direction for Warhammer that is not going to be popular with most long term fans. I'll give it a shot though. After three plays we are really enjoying it. It's got a learning curve and I'm not sold on all of the components yet but I am digging it. No it's not a board game!
Frank Jarome
Played through the demo scenario for this... it's a ton of fun. There's a lot of fiddly bits, and it's kinda boardgame-like, but it's damn fun. A very solid foundation for what could prove to be an awesome game. Will be playing more of it.
Dustin
This is a surprisingly fantastic fantasy RPG.
David Stiles
David Stiles marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
John Byrd
John Byrd marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Macint68
Macint68 marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Zanth
Zanth marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Dark Heresy: Disciples of the Dark Gods (Dark Heresy) Dark Heresy: Creatures Anathema Dark Heresy RPG: The Radical's Handbook Dark Heresy: Ascension Dragonstar: Guide to the Galaxy