Start by marking “Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set” as Want to Read:
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  57 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Grim and perilous adventures await in the Old World in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay! As unlikely heroes thrust into adventure by the hands of fate, players will take up arms and spells to combat the might of enemies terrifying to behold! This Core Set comes complete with four comprehensive rulebooks that provide all the knowledge players need to explore the Old World, includ ...more
Toy, 288 pages
Published November 1st 2009 by Fantasy Flight Games

To ask other readers questions about Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set

Mike
Jul 11, 2010 Mike rated it really liked it
Shelves: gaming
The only reason I haven't given it a higher rating is because I have yet to actually play it, but let's review some of its elements:
-It has managed to incorporate a number of independent mechanics that might otherwise be somewhat overwhelming by giving access to well-designed tracking elements (cards for your career and all your abilities, with tokens for certain effects).
-Some folks might still be overwhelmed by all those elements, but no more than most new players are to a game that approaches
Mark Austin
May 14, 2016 Mark Austin rated it did not like it
- Most books with this rating I never finish and so don't make this list. This one I probably started speed-reading to get it over with.
- Average. Wasn't terrible, but not a lot to recommend it. Probably skimmed parts of it.
- Decent. A few good ideas, well-written passages, interesting characters, or the like.
- Good. This one had parts that inspired me, impressed me, made me laugh out loud, made me think - it got positive reactions and most of the rest of it was pretty decent too.
- Amazing.
Moe
Feb 28, 2013 Moe rated it it was amazing
Really digging this new system. Not digging how it's being sold to us. This isn't a complete game. It's like a starter set, a beginners box and one that cost over $100. That aside this is a totally new direction for Warhammer that is not going to be popular with most long term fans. I'll give it a shot though. After three plays we are really enjoying it. It's got a learning curve and I'm not sold on all of the components yet but I am digging it. No it's not a board game!
Frank Jarome
Feb 13, 2010 Frank Jarome rated it it was amazing
Played through the demo scenario for this... it's a ton of fun. There's a lot of fiddly bits, and it's kinda boardgame-like, but it's damn fun. A very solid foundation for what could prove to be an awesome game. Will be playing more of it.
Dustin
Apr 12, 2016 Dustin rated it liked it
Shelves: game-book
This is a surprisingly fantastic fantasy RPG.
Alexander
Alexander rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2016
John Dodd
John Dodd rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Dirk Strauss
Dirk Strauss marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Will
Will added it
Jul 25, 2016
Jason Valletta
Jason Valletta rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2016
Thoughastronaut
Thoughastronaut rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Kaloyan Momchev
Kaloyan Momchev rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2015
Honzeek
Honzeek rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2015
Starla Ramm
Starla Ramm marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Jack
Jack rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2015
Jason Pasch
Jason Pasch rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2015
Pankaj Joshi
Pankaj Joshi rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2015
Shawn
Shawn rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Ty Crockett
Ty Crockett rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Dimspring
Dimspring rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2014
Ricardo Gladwell
Ricardo Gladwell rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2014
Ed Bonthron
Ed Bonthron rated it did not like it
Aug 25, 2014
Corey Krosting
Corey Krosting rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2014
David Stiles
David Stiles marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014