Start by marking “It's About Your Husband” as Want to Read:
It's About Your Husband

It's About Your Husband

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  415 ratings  ·  62 reviews
32-year-old Iris Hedge isn't exactly on sure footing. She's left her husband in LA and moved to New York for her dream job as a marketing researcher at one of the world's most prestigious firms. But after only five weeks, she's laid off. Now Iris is in a new town with no job, has a divorce on the horizon and only one friend to speak of-a wild-child named Val. When Val's tw ...more
ebook
Published October 19th 2006 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about It's About Your Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's About Your Husband

Emily
Wow, this books takes a twist at the end. I did something you should never do in a book, in my going along I was thinking how can she resolve this, so I flipped to the end to see what might happen. This is not a good idea I know that, but I did it. It just made me want to read faster at least so I could see how she pulled off what it said was going to happen. And wow, I am so going to need to re read this book so that I can catch the little nuances and clues that are set up in the book that you ...more
Jen B
Cross Bridget Jones with Nancy Drew and you get Iris Hedge, accidental detective. She tracks down husbands suspected of cheating, but she makes a mess of her own relationships, has a little trouble with her hair color(s), and she can't quite hold her own with a pair of rollerblades. This was the perfect book to read on my ride in to work, because it was funny enough to take my mind off my day. Iris' exploits left me laughing and rooting for her the whole way through.

I also loved (and I'm gankin
Glenn
Lauren Lipton's “It's about Your Husband” does many things a good book should do, and does them all remarkably well.

The book is funny as hell. The humor comes from the characters themselves, and never takes us away from the main thrust of the story--though there are a number of delightful “set pieces,” which reminded me of a wonderful cross between Carrie Bradshaw and Lucille Ball--but instead leads us deeper into understanding and caring for each of the characters, especially, of course, our he
Carrie
Dec 14, 2007 Carrie rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chick lit
This was given to me by a girlfriend and labels as an "easy read".

While it is undoubtedly a gratuitous piece of "chick lit", i couldn't put it down. There were moments i hated it for predictability... but it was fun in a guilty way.

Destined to be produced for the Oxygen network...
Karmen
I loved this book. A recent transplant from Calif. to New York City finds herself unemployed. Through a chance meeting, she becomes a domestic private detective. And finds herself transformed by her interactions with her clients and "suspects".

Great read!
Rhonda Bryce
Jan 16, 2008 Rhonda Bryce rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Poeple who like NYC or Great clothes
Recommended to Rhonda by: Clare
Loved this book! This is the book that got me reading again. The story pulled me right along. Fun, light, sexy, stylish. If you know New York City you'll love it all the more. Well written dogs play a central roll.
Lizanne
A fun, funny, clever story! I'll be looking for more from this author.
My one tiny complaint: her lone wineglass is broken in chapter 23 and she uses it in chapter 29?!
Melissa
I couldn't put this book down. I absolutly loved it, It was one of the best books ever. I read it in one day and it has some great twists and turns.
Jenna
This one is a easy and entertaining read. This woman's husband's antics are appalling. Watching the drama unfold is interesting. I recommend it.
Margarita
It's a very cute premise and wildly unbeleivable series of events. Still, it was original and entertaining.
Nicole
It took me a bit to get into this one but after sticking with it I ended up enjoying it.
Whitney
Nice chick lit read. Storyline was somewhat predictable, but enjoyable, nonetheless.
Kaye
Dec 27, 2007 Kaye rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Chick Lit Lovers
This book was great. It went a direction I just could not have even imagined.
Rachelle
May 28, 2008 Rachelle rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rachelle by: Brandie
I learned all about New York architecture, I loved all the landmarks mentioned.
This was a cute one, though I must say I predicted the twist pretty early on.
Meredith
Really good! It has a great plot twist at the end.
Amanda
Fun easy read. It was entertaining.
Kate
This was way better than I expected it to be! I was just looking for a fun quick read, but I really got into this one and had no idea how it was all going to work out until it did.

I liked the main character a lot, and although she wasn't great at spying, I still felt like she wasn't a complete idiot which helped me like and sympathize with her. I also really liked how a lot of the main characters opinions and first impressions of other people changed throughout the book as she got to know them a
Kendra
Feb 09, 2014 Kendra rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kendra by: Jenny
Shelves: book-club
After reading this book, I'm kind of surprised that no one has tried to turn it into a movie, it would be perfect! Iris leaves her husband behind in California and heads out to NYC for her "dream job." The company ends up downsizing and Iris finds herself unemployed. After bumping into her best friend's twin sister (Vickie), Iris is hired to follow Vickie's husband to see if he's cheating on her.

I really liked Iris, and thought that the author did a good job of making her relate able and endear
Kourtney
This book did not end the way I thought it would! When I started reading this story, I have to admit I got a bit bored. I put the book down to begin reading another novel, and could not find the strength to pick it up. I was already at 67% but it just didn't seem very exciting to me anymore. When I was leaving for work this morning, I accidentally grabbed this book instead of the other one I was reading. Am I ever glad that I did! The twist at the end of the story made the whole book worth it. I ...more
Helen Gaye Brewster
If you're headed to the beach, take this along! Fun, feel-good reading. Iris's adventures go well with an umbrella drink!
Tara
I had a hard time getting through this. The story is drawn out a little too long for me. The first 100 pages or so flew by and then the story came to a screeching halt. Like a lot of the other reviewers, I flipped to the end. The spoiler kind of made it worse! The ending kind of reminded me of an early 90s sitcom where everything is tied up so nicely at the end. The story is completely unrealistic and overall, just not my speed.
Clare
I enjoyed this quick read. Spoiler alert: I saw the main "twist" coming almost from the start but Joe and Val getting together was a surprise.
I liked how the California girl noticed the differences between her native state and NYC and came to appreciate New York's qualities over time. Usually book characters in New York love it immediately and she took a while to warm to it.
Laurie
I did really enjoy this...but I can't give it four stars because, though I often overlook a little bending-of-morals for a good story, I was irritated by the common "I know it's wrong but I can't help myself" brand of romance. Why do we think that loss of self-control and throwing ethics out the window is romantic? It's not. It's destructive. Okay, stepping down off my soapbox now.
Yolanda
Sep 20, 2008 Yolanda rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!
Recommended to Yolanda by: Chick Lit Group on Groupreads
Shelves: library-book
I can't believe I read this book in one day. I was actually so involved with the characters I was so ecstatic. I was starting to think that something was wrong with me because the last couple of books I've picked up have done nothing to make me want to read them in haste. This just what the doctor order. Great read. Can't wait to read more from her.
Tina Swack
It was a quick read. The author had a good story but at times I found myself bored. One too any times she went too far with her lists. Three things would have been enough but I counted ten in one analogy. I found myself skimming and skipping, sometimes because I wanted to see what happened others because I was bored. Maybe that's why it was a quick read.
Amie
Let's just say, there's a reason this book was in the uber cheap sale bin. It was kinda lame. And I realized it was lame when someone asked me about it and I started to describe it. Total nonsense & weird. It had a happy ending, but the main character pissed me off and really deserved a kick in the ass in the end for being so lame.
Bree
I began to have my suspicions but wasn't quite sure where this book would end. I am glad that I did not have to read about a whiny self absorbed main character like I do in some Chick Lit. It allowed me to read to the end and find a really good book. Things just don't always seem to appear the way they are is the bottom line here.
Jenny
This was surprisingly good with a great twist at the end! I actually really liked the character of Iris and thought the author did a good job of making her likable but not too clumsy (i.e. Stephanie Plum who never does anything but bumble around).

I actually really enjoyed Vickie and the parts about New York too!
  • Fifteen Minutes of Shame
  • Notes From The Backseat
  • The Matzo Ball Heiress
  • She, Myself & I
  • A Clean Slate
  • Scot On The Rocks: How I Survived My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding With My Dignity Ever-So Slightly Intact (Brooke Miller, #1)
  • The Fidelity Files (Jennifer Hunter, #1)
  • The Divorce Party
  • How I Stole Her Husband
Lauren Lipton is a freelance journalist who specializes in lifestyle, business and trend stories. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Conde Nast Portfolio, In Style Weddings, Martha Stewart Weddings, Best Life, Glamour, Marie Claire, Fit Pregnancy and Working Mother, and on National Public Radio's All Things Considered.

A former Wall Street Journal staff writer, she reported on copycat br
More about Lauren Lipton...
Mating Rituals of the North American WASP Was sich liebt, das trennt sich: Roman Was Sich Liebt, Das Trennt Sich Roman It's about Your Husband