Start by marking “Take No Prisoners (Black Ops, #2)” as Want to Read:
Take No Prisoners (Black Ops, #2)

Take No Prisoners (Black Ops Inc. #2)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  3,523 ratings  ·  177 reviews

New York Times bestselling author Cindy Gerard's red-hot new romantic suspense series features the irresistible men of Black Ops, Inc., a special team of heroes with a taste for living on the edge....

A Dangerous Attraction...

Published October 21st 2008 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Take No Prisoners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take No Prisoners

Auntee
Nov 05, 2009 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of hot romantic suspense
I loved it and I just breezed right through it! I forgot how happy a good, romantic suspense by Cindy Gerard could make me feel. There was just enough steamy romance between the H/h to go along with the easy to follow, gripping, gem smuggling suspense plot taking place in the steamy Honduran backcountry. I enjoyed the relationship between the quiet, somewhat tortured hero, 35 year old former Black Ops, Inc. (a covert, private security team) hunk and now rancher Sam Lang, and the smart, brave, an ...more
Buggy
Opening Line: 'A gecko, low slung, forked feet flying, skittered across the sill of an open window, hauling ass as if it actually had somewhere to go."

I'm loving this series! TAKE NO PRISONERS is another WOW read from Cindy Gerard’s fantastic Black-Ops BOI’s. This cleverly written story starts off with a bang and just keeps on going. Filled with action and suspense a-plenty Gerard whisks the reader to exotic locations filled with car chases, shootouts and several wicked bad guys all trying to ou
Hbeebti
New author for me. Man can I just say I love her! Wow, this book was wonderful. Fast paced and wonderfully intense. I started with this book even though its book #2. But I couldn't find #1. Hopefully soon.

This is about Sam who is a real likable character. For me he just felt real. His emotions with the loss that he felt and the confusion and love that he felt for Abbie.I love how he was instantly feeling guilty and then trying to push that aside. He was so wonderfully protective not only of Abb
~E~ Riverina Romantics
5+ STARS

When it takes me less than 24 hour to read a full length novel with my kids at home for the duration - it shows how much i LOVE a book.

I made the mistake of starting this an hour before I wanted to go to bed. "Just a few chapters of the fabulous Cindy Gerard & I'll sleep peacefully" I told myself. EEEHHHhhhh WRONG.

One hour turned into three and I found it physically painful to put this book down before finishing it.

Sam was yet another sex on a stick, Black Ops, die to sleep with,
Susan (susayq ~)
Why did I wait so long to read this? I loved the third book in this series (that I read out of order and first LOL) and I liked the first one. This lived up to my memory of how good this series is. Cindy Gerard does a great job of writing action and pacing it. And, yes Sam sufficiently made up for his major screw up and betrayal at the beginning...even when I had my doubts that he could do it :)
Jamie~Book Boyfriend Ho♥
Well... about 10% in I realized I already read this one! I read it in paperback when it first came out! Jeez.... It was a good one though!
Dee
jenjn79
Rating: 3.5 / 5

I'm giving this one 3.5 stars because thought I liked it, there were two things that knocked down my enjoyment level. They weren't major things, but enough to bug me a little.

Series Note:
Probably best to read this series in order, though this one is a little less dependent on previous books than some of the others.

Summary:
Sam Lang loved his life as an operative for Black Ops, Inc...then a man Sam was trying to bring down turned the tables and murdered Sam's sister and brother-in-l
ElaineY
I got through this quickly. I love these fast-paced stories and wish, somehow, it happened in erotic adventure-suspense books, too. I liked Sam and Abbie and yeah, the BOIs are great. I look forward to the next one about Reed though I'm not particularly thrilled about his 'barely-there mustache and barely-there beard. I hope he shaves it off for his book.

The plot was simple to follow - Sam wants Nader who has Cory, Abbie wants Cory who had the diamond necklace and the necklace is the tool they u
Jennifer Lane
I liked #2 in the Black Ops, Inc. series even better than the first book Show No Mercy. The love/hate relationship between Sam and Abbie, as well as the emotional storylines involving their siblings, totally drew me in.

Terrorist Fredrick Nader is a bad, bad man. To get back at BOI Sam Lang for pursuing him, Nader murders Sam's sister and brother-in-law. Devastated, Sam quits the elite private team to join his father and niece back on the ranch. But none of them can move on with life knowing the
Glamdring
*Spoiler free review*

Another great story with no downtime.

From the beginning of the series I knew that I'd love Sam's book. Actually, Sam and Doc. I love strong and quiet guys and Sam didn't disappoint. And for those of you who love Black Ops guys AND cow-boys, Sam is definitely your guy. That's right, he is both *le sigh*.

I really love how the BOI interact with each others but Sam and Johnny Duane Reed have an even more special relationship. In addition to being stuck at the hip, Sam seems abl
Joy
“Be careful in the company of monsters that you don't become one.”

A great follow-up to Show No Mercy--well written characters,lots of action and hot romance--I enjoyed Sam and Abbie's story
Jane Stewart
Enjoyable read but lacked emotional punch. A couple of plot logic issues, but still fun.

STORY BRIEF:
Sam is part of a U.S. Black Ops group after bad guy Nader in Honduras. Nader arranges for a car bomb to kill Sam’s sister back in the States. Sam retires from the group in grief and now works with his dad on a horse ranch.

Abbie is a blackjack dealer in Las Vegas and a part-time college student. Her younger brother Cory has been buying Honduran knick-knacks and shipping them to Abbie to store for h
Kathrynn
I enjoyed reading this one--until it go to the ending...

First of all, looks like this book was too short. After each chapter were blank pages that were included in the page numbering. Secondly, there were some jarring scene transitions that could have been a result of over editing. Thirdly, there was very little romance or lovin' between the h/h. Lastly, the ending seemed thrown together and looked like filler CRAP to get a few more pages into the book. Ugh!

This was not as polished as I'm used t
Duchess Nicole
I loved this one! Abbie and Sam were smokin' together, and there was some deep emotional involvement with regards to both of their families. I like that Jenna didn't seem to be all "I am woman, hear me roar." It's a little more believable when blood and guts actually phase someone. Maybe it's wrong, but I like a little vulnerability in a heroine, and I love it when the hero is all about protecting her. And once again, the rest of the guys were a major part of the storyline, and in this one, you ...more
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
WOW... WOW... WOW...

It goes along the storyline of Girls likes Boy, Boy likes Girl.. Boy gets the Girl..

but with a whole lot of Guns, Bombs, Alpha Males, Secret Agency stuff and the dealings of the worlds underground crime system...

Every loves an Alpha Male, but an Army Alpha Male is just HOT!

I am LOVING this series! I just wish it was a little longer as it is a pretty quick read and the Steamy scenes were a bit juicer.. but as i said I loved it.

Sam and Abbie are great!
I can't wait to read
Cristina
Action- Packed...

I enjoyed reading this book as much as the first. If you like a little romance mixed in with a hot adventure, I recommend this book.
It was written so realistic and vivid it felt like watching a movie. I could just picture it all and see the bullets flying.
Cindy Gerard's extensive knowledge and/or research of South America, weapons and covert operations make her books rich in background and a true joy to read.
Angela
Ok, I'm loving this series! I can't put these books down! My only wish is that they were longer. I feel like there is so much happening and it's such a great story that it could be a little longer... And maybe just a smidge steamier :) but over all, it's going on my favorites list!
Norma
I liked this one. I got a little agitated with Abbie and her push pull with Sam. But I got that the feelings were just intense. I guess enough time wasn't spent exploring how those feelings got to be intense.

Looking forward to reading the next in this series.
Gina
Falling for the woman you’re investigating can really weigh on you.

Sam Lang left Black Ops, Inc. when the unthinkable happened. Sam was getting too close to Fredrick Nader and his operation. He was determined to stop the cold, maniacal SOB. But Nader got to him first. Planting a bomb in Sam’s sister’s car, blowing up her and her husband, leaving their daughter behind, was Nader’s warning to Sam: Cease and desist, or more will follow.

Sam is now running his father’s ranch outside Las Vegas, taking
Quinn
I liked this one, but it didn't really have anything to set it apart from all the other decent romantic suspense books out there in general, and from Cindy Gerard's own books in particular. There is just a sense of 'sameness' about it.

I never got a strong sense of Sam and Abbie, the leads in this one. There just wasn't enough development of their characters, and I have no doubt I'll struggle to remember much about them in next couple of days. It seems that the author was more focused on the acti
Kayla
Another great installment for the Black Ops series. Great characters and a well developed plot. Excellent!

Abbie Hughes, a tall (5'8") brunette, works as a blackjack dealer and is working her way through college. With her schedule, Abbie doesn't have time for a love life, and all the drama it would likely entail. To add to her stack of responsibilities Abbie's entrepreneur brother, Cory, goes missing.

In comes Sam Lang former BOI. After the death of a close family member, a death that Sam knows w
Melanie
'Take no Prisoners' was a good, solid romantic suspense, with good, solid, and dependable characters.

Gerard definitely delivers a quick, but top-notch story with loads of action and a sweet romance. This time the man-of-few-words was Sam Lang, a former BOI member who gave up his tough-guy job on the heels of his sister's murder. Unable to live without vengeance any longer, he steps it up to get the man responsible, and this leads to his crossing paths with the outwardly innocent Abbie.
Gina
I flew through this book, it felt as if i had just started reading and it was over? Of course that may be because i got absolutely nothing done before I was reading all day long!

In the beginning Sam really upset me, he was definitely on my sh*t list! But after some time he managed to redeem himself and I was once again swooning!! The murder of his sister drives him causes him to quit the BOI's and return to his family farm. However, circumstances present an opportunity to get the man who murde
Susan

Ok, NOW we're talking! After having read book one "Show No Mercy", I was on the fence about this series. I liked it enough. And I was drawn to the BOI team. But, I wasn't head-over-heels w/ it. Slate wiped clean...

I loved "Take No Prisoners". For those of you who are Kristen Ashley fans, Cindy Gerard's Sam Lang is the good-guy-alpha-male personified ala Hank Nightengale. When the team was introduced in Black Ops #1, I thought I'd love the more obvious heartbreakers like Johnny Duane Reed or Luke
Michelle
This was another great addition to this series. I love these Black Ops guys. The action, the brotherhood between them, the protective way they love their women... it's all so good! I wasn't thrilled with this one at first because of how Sam used Abbie. I understand that she was just a means to an end for him, but when one character betrays the other in the beginning, it makes for a long road back to each other. Thankfully Abbie had a good head on her shoulders and was willing and able to forgive ...more
Ruth
Wow! This is one zingy story! I loved it from beginning to end. Beautifully-written dialog, great scene-setting and a hero and heroine to die for. Abbie is a great heroine and I love the way the author focuses just as much, if not more, on developing her character than on praising her physical perfections. Sam is just a great hero - strong, quiet, tortured and just enough of a s.o.b. when he needs to be to be super-hot. Both could be outwardly such normal people, that you feel you could bump int ...more
LaFleurBleue
Reread in April 2013

The heroine is very likable, very girl next door, the perfect best friend, smart but not a smartass (like Jenna in the previous book could sometimes be). The accumulated misunderstandings between Abbie and Sam made for a crude awakening moment, the morning after (or more exactly later in the night), that was both crude and defining. I believe this one was of the best moments in the book, with her ability to upfront the BOIs mission and to direct it in a way that was compatibl
Anja
Jan 26, 2015 Anja marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A Dangerous Attraction...

Abbie Hughes no longer trusts men, but despite her cool indifference, her long legs and showgirl face still draw plenty of attention. Between working as a blackjack dealer, going to school, and keeping an eye on her younger brother, Cory, there's no time for romantic adventures -- until the night a sexy, mysterious stranger places a wager at her table.

Spurred by revenge...

Sam Lang left Black Ops, Inc. when tragedy struck his family. Although he's determined to retire hi
Everalice
Encore une fois complètement embobinée par le rythme et la valse des personnages de la série, je n'ai absolument pas pu lâcher ce tome 2 avant la fin.
Sam est craquant, fin et pas si blanc que ça finalement, tandis qu'Abbie, étonnamment, prend assez de poil de la bête au fil de l'histoire pour faire un pendant intéressant. Leur relation passe par des hauts et des bas, entachée de culpabilité et d'un amour qui, bien évidemment, ne sait pas s'exprimer (sinon,
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • Now You Die (Bullet Catcher, #6)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Last Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #6)
  • Deadly Promises (Includes: B.A.D. Series, #4.5; Black Ops, Inc., #5.5; Tracers, #4.5)
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
195778
The only thing Cindy had in mind when she started writing her first book was finishing it. The issue of actually selling it came much later. Only after she made that life-altering first sale did she realize that one book would never be enough. Now, over 20 books and numerous awards later, Cindy laughingly admits that she can barely remember life before...well, was there life before writing?

Actuall
More about Cindy Gerard...

Black Ops Inc. (7 books)
  • Show No Mercy (Black Ops, #1)
  • Whisper No Lies (Black Ops, #3)
  • Feel the Heat (Black Ops, #4)
  • Risk No Secrets (Black Ops, #5)
  • With No Remorse (Black Ops, #6)
  • Last Man Standing (Black Ops, #7)
Show No Mercy (Black Ops, #1) To the Edge (The Bodyguards, #1) Whisper No Lies (Black Ops, #3) Feel the Heat (Black Ops, #4) With No Remorse (Black Ops, #6)

“Be careful in the company of monsters that you don't become one.” 43 likes