Start by marking “Force of Nature (Troubleshooters, #11)” as Want to Read:
Force of Nature (Troubleshooters, #11)

Force of Nature (Troubleshooters #11)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  4,555 ratings  ·  235 reviews
Hard-driving suspense and intense passion are the hallmarks of bestselling author Suzanne Brockmann’s pulse-pounding thrillers. In her tales of daring, danger, courage, and desire, men and women of action fight fiercely, love deeply, and time after time raise the bar for adventure to new heights. Brockmann’s latest novel is no exception.

Florida private investigator and ex
ebook
Published August 14th 2007 by Ballantine Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Force of Nature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Force of Nature

Leea
Feb 25, 2013 Leea rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Leea by: Regina
Shelves: 2013-favorites

5 Stars... Force of Nature has it all... it's like all your dreams come true and this book give it to you. We have more funny moments, steamy scenes, love that finds each other at least *yay* and non stop action. Now what more could you ask for?

When I started Force of Nature I was mainly looking forward to reading more about Robin and Jules. What surprised me was the beautiful, funny and hot relationship that developed between Ric and Annie Dugan. I wasn't left unhappy about any aspect of these
Quinn
I just love the Brockmann's Troubleshooters series. I love the way she writes, I love her characters, I love the storylines. Yep, there's a whole lotta love here.

Force of Nature is a great entry to the series, and a must read for anyone who, like me, thinks Jules Cassidy is the star of the show. There's a good reason why his scene-stealing self appears in so many of the Troubleshooters books.

In this novel we are reintroduced to Ric Alvarado, who we met briefly in Gone Too Far as a police detecti
Hildy (The Book Boss)
Well, shoot!

I did not love this. If it weren't for Jules and Robin, this would have been a 2. If it was about them only, I would have given it a 4.

I'll write more later when I get over my disappointment.
Eviltwinjen
Aug 27, 2007 Eviltwinjen rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance fans, slash fans, Jules Cassidy fans
Shelves: romance
Brockmann's previous book, Into the Storm, didn't give fans of gay FBI agent Jules Cassidy much time with their hero, but our patience is rewarded in Force of Nature (going by the title I was half-afraid this was going to be a hurricane Katrina plot). Jules finally gets center stage, though he has to share it with a heterosexual couple who are disappointingly similar to the hero and heroine of Into the Storm (it's refreshing when it's the woman who's afraid of committment, but it's less refresh ...more
Jess Candela
This is an amazing story, if read for the Jules-Robin relationship. I get the impression that was the story Suzanne Brockmann really wanted to write, and the Ric-Annie relationship was added as filler so she could sell the book in a m/f market. Which is a shame on multiple levels, since I think Annie is pretty darn kick-ass and her story could have been an awesome one. As it is, there's nothing wrong with it, exactly, it just lacks a certain spark.
J. Ostrowski
Actually 3 stars for Ric and Annie, 2 stars for the convoluted plot and often hokey bad guys, and 4 stars for Jules and Robin. There were some really big eye-roll inducing scenes. Really. But I am a giant sucker for Jules. I love him to pieces. So maybe I'm being overly generous. As for Ric and Annie, I just finished Letters to Kelly and I was disappointed with the lack of development re their history. I blame it on Letters, but there you have it. Which stinks because I thought Annie was pretty ...more
Wendy
I picked this book up on a whim and found a new writer that I really liked. Her writing style in this book was quirky and fun. She writes exactly how people talk.

Annie is recovering from the loss of her best friend and moves home to Sarasota Florida. She gets a job with an old friend of her brothers that owns a private detective agency. Ric Alvarado is a Cuban/American ex cop that has set up this detective agency and when Annie comes to work for him his sexist, protective instincts kick in. He
Contrarius
Okay, I've definitely read too many of these now. This volume of the series seems to be my overall favorite, but I think that must mean that my brain has finally liquefied and run out my ears.

Once again we have lost the WWII subplots from earlier books. I liked those, so it's a shame to not have them in these later books. However, Brockmann is now doing a better job at integrating the characters, action, and romance elements without seeming quite as artificial as she did in the earlier stories.
Wendy F
That was one wild ride! Forces of Nature was one book that I was completely unable to put down. Especially once I really got going. My poor work suffered and I'll be making it up tomorrow, for sure.

We had a dual story in this one, so let's start with the main story. Annie and Ric.

Ric Alvarez made an appearance early on in the Max/Gina storyline. Remember, Gina gets her hotel broken into and Ric is the detective on the scene. He even hit on Gina and Max got all jealous. Remember him? I had no ide
Tracy
I’m a little ashamed to admit this, but I was almost put the remaining Troubleshooters stories on an indefinite hiatus. *hides* I truly enjoyed the first 6 books. Aside from book 8, Hot Target, I found the other installments to be less impressive. However, Force of Nature, the 11th book, brought back everything that I love about the Troubleshooters series and Suzanne Brockmann’s writing.

Annie and Ric, and Jules and Robin were the perfect pairing. Where Annie and Ric had passion and feistiness, J
Trin
The one where Jules and Robin actually get together. They share the narrative (much more equally than in Hot Target) with a het couple, ex-cop-turned-private-eye Ric and his childhood friend/assistant Annie. Annie is incredibly awesome. She’s take-charge and kickass, but in a very realistic way—she’s not a martial arts expert or trained in espionage, but she’s willing to put herself out there, and she’s brave and clever. I really liked her. Ric’s not chopped liver himself, despite frequently ne ...more
Cam
Robin
There were parts of this book that I really liked. There were parts of this book that I wish I could have fast forwarded through, except I was afraid I'd miss something. So, I read them. And, guess what? I wouldn't have missed anything.

I liked Ric from his early appearances, but I'm not sure he was enough to sustain his own book. That's just my opinion. Brockmann obviously thought otherwise. I just wasn't impressed with him. I found his story a little bit boring, and this book was saved, for me
Cheryl Meares
Mar 26, 2008 Cheryl Meares rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Suzanne Brockmann fans
Private investigator Rick Alvarado and his assistant Annie team up with FBI Agent Jules Cassidy and Actor Robin Chadwick to stop Gordon Burn's when he is linked to terrorists. As the relationships between Ric and Annie and Jules and Robin heat up so are the chances of danger and death.

Jules and Robin finally get their story who you first met in Hot Target. Yes they are gay, but they are so alive that I just loved their story and characters.

Sexy, lots of action, great characters with lots of er
Sheri faulk
Florida private investigator and ex-cop Ric Alvarado's life is spiraling out of control. His beautiful new girl Friday, Annie Dugan, is far more interested in fieldwork than filing, and despite Ric's best efforts to ignore the attraction, sparks are flying between them. Then one of Ric's clients turns femme fatale and tries to gun down an innocent man. Thanks to quick thinking and even quicker reflexes, Ric comes to the rescue, only to learn he's done a very good deed for some very bad people. S ...more
Mareli
A bit slow a the biginning, but really adrenalic in the end, another good one for his series. But the bad people here were very stupid, I don't think a boss' son, who kills people and is into bad bad things, could be so moronic. He was a bit unbelievable to me.

I really liked the hero, and the heroine too, eve if I admit I didn't feel so much the heat between them.

And my hero Jules was there, too, so I missed my SEALs and TS less.
Brianne
I loved the emotional side of this book, esp. in the Jules/Robin storyline. Jules has been one of my favorite since the beginning of the series and I loved seeing his story play out. I also liked seeing how all the characters came to acknowledge what they really wanted over the course of the book. It was over a short period of time, but a lot of stuff happened to all of them.

I also thought the different characters were very well done in that they all sound different. The way they talk is indica
Heather in FL
Ms. Brockmann does love to drag some of her love stories out. I suppose it’s one of those things that I kinda like. If the story isn’t complete in one story, it’s still been set up to be a potential in a future story, so it gives a lot to look forward to. In this story, we’re introduced to Ric Alvarado and his best friend’s little sister, Annie, who wants desperately to be his partner in his PI firm, not just his receptionist. Unfortunately, what looks like an easy-peasy case becomes anything bu ...more
Plam
Secondary characters - 5
Chemistry - 3
Emotion - 4
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Ma che Dio abbia pietà di me, perché lo amo.Perfino oggi, che sono così arrabbiato con lui, così ferito per quello che ha fatto, continuo ad amarlo come amo l’aria che respiro. So perfettamente chi è e cos'è e, maledizione, lo amo comunque.”

Ormai è chiaro che questa serie sono destinata a leggerla decisamente non nell'ordine giusto XD Questo infatti è l'undicesimo volume della serie Troubleshooters, ma sono riuscita a leggerlo tranquillamente anche come stand-alone, anche se ovviamente alcuni d
Star
Love everything about Suzanne Brockmann

Every book this woman writes I read. This book was long awaited. Jules finally gets his happily ever after with the man he has been in love with for quite a few books. Jules is probably my favorite character in the series because he isn't perfect but happy with who he is. I love that he is this strong FBI agent and that everyone looks up to him, but he is also human and doesn't see himself as a hero even though that is what he is in all of the books.
Jade
4 stars
I'm not going to lie I legit skimmed the m/f couple and focused all my attention on the breath taking love story of Jules and Robin.

Dude. This put my heart through a fucking meat grinder, but the end was definitely worth it. This book is definitely a journey of self discovery, self awareness, and love. These two guys really took their damn time getting their (Robin's) shit together. But can I just say again how worth it it was. I'm not kidding for the last few pages I had a perma grin/sw
LaFleurBleue
I really liked the way the book started, with the simple PI investigation bringing everything downhill, and the fast pace the whole story took, as everything took place within 3 to 4 days maybe.
I really liked the lead characters, but it really felt like Ric and Annie were short-changed regards their love story which was solved too easily, too cheesily and almost like that of Lindsey and Mark in the previous book, so unimaginatively. They deserved better as they were indeniably the lead couple in
Robin
I'm in love with this book. So happy Jules got his happy ever after. I loved Ric and Annie too, these characters couldn't have had better chemistry. Ric was always wanting annie to be careful, not get hurt, he didn't think her capable enough. But annie was always proving him wrong, it was fun to read. The two while working on a case got mixed up with a drug lord . The same one jules is tracking and along the way he ends up with ric and annie working together. Of course the place they need to go ...more
Mindy
I enjoyed this book so much! At first, I wasn’t sure how Ric and Annie were supposed to play into the whole Troubleshooters storylines. I’d forgotten that Ric had made an appearance in Gone Too Far…but I did trust Brockmann to pull everything together despite my ignorance! And she did. Brilliantly. I also wasn’t sure how I was going to feel once I read more about Jules & Robin’s story. Frankly, it’s the first gay romance I’ve ever read and despite the fact that I love Jules, I wasn’t sure if ...more
Jintana
เนืองจากติดใจตัวละคร Jules และ Robin ในเลม 12 (All Through the Night)เลยตองยอนมาอานเลมนีทำใหไดเขาใจและรูจักเรืองราวของสองคนนีมากขึน

ตัวละครหลักของเรืองมี 2 คูคือ Ric & Annie, Jules & Robin ซึงความเขมขนไมทิงกันเลยซักนิดเดียว จะวาไปเรืองนีมีความสนุกตืนเตนมากกวาเลม 12 เพราะมีบทแอคชันเยอะ (คอยสมกับชือซีรีสหนอย)

Ric เปนอดีตตำรวจทีผันตัวเองมาเปิดสำนักงานนักสืบแทนเพราะทนเปนตำรวจไมไหว สวน Annie เปนนองสาวเพือนทีตัวเองหลงรักมาตังแตเดกเพียงแตไมยอมรับกับตัวเองและเพราะโดนเพือนหลอกวานองสาวเปนเลสเบียน

Ann
Jessi
Major movement in the Jules and Robin storyline in this book. "All through the Night" is possibly my favorite Brockmann book and this is the one that directly leads into it... making it higher on my list.
The main story in this book was not one of my favorites, but a lot of other characters romances were advanced (Max and Gina as well as Robin and Jules.)
Ric Alvarado has known Annie Dugan for years. Now he's hired her as his secretary, but she wants a more active role in the investigation busine
PepperP0t
4.5stars really

Annie is spunky, sassy and a lot of fun. She also has no intention of either confessing she has feelings for Ric Alvarado nor does she intend to remain Ric's receptionist. Former Sarasota detective Ric Alvarado isn't so sure that all he wants to do is keep Annie Dugan safe but he knows he can't let her go. After convincing Ric that she could be so much more useful as his partner Annie & Ric find themselves inadvertently helping one of Sarasota's most notorious, Gordie Junior.
Gina
Force of Nature by Suzanne Brockmann - I loved, loved, loved this book. I can't really say that Brockmann's writing was any better in this book than any of her others in this Troubleshooters series but I think it's because my favorite character finally found happiness.

Jules Cassidy is my favorite character in this series; he has shown up in several books throughout. His romances have never worked out but finally the "true one" did! This book may not be for everyone. Two new characters received s
  • In the Dark (SEAL Team 12, #2)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Hide and Seek (T-FLAC, #3)
  • Crazy Wild (Steele Street, #3)
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

Troubleshooters (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1)
  • The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters, #2)
  • Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3)
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
  • Into the Night (Troubleshooters, #5)
  • Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6)
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
  • Hot Target (Troubleshooters, #8)
  • Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)
  • Into the Storm (Troubleshooters, #10)
The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3) Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4) Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6) Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)

“If he's at this party, I want you to stay far away from him."
"Shouldn't that rule apply to you, and Jules, too? Unless your penises make you magically bulletproof.”
10 likes