Start by marking “Last Reminder (Charlie Priest, #4)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Last Reminder

Stuart Pawson

Last Reminder (Charlie Priest #4)

Detective Inspector Charlie Priest is late for work for the first time in twenty years. Suffering a sloe gin hangover, he's already faced with the grisly evidence of crime in a local park, before one of his new constables finds a body. Hartley Goodrich is dead in his armchair, beside the flowerpot that caused the gaping gash in his head. Goodrich's financial advice has los ...more
Audio CD, 8 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Story Sound (first published September 30th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Last Reminder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Reminder

Sandi
I really like this English police procedural series and this entry was no exception. The lead character, DI Charlie Priest, is a very likable, humorous, and well adjusted guy who gets along with the his co-workers. The first person narration flowed nicely and the plot had a number of twists and turns.
Trawets
Nov 21, 2010 Trawets rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of Stuart Pawson's I've read. It features one DI Charlie Priest a policeman with a sense of humour, jokes and quips pepper this entertaining who-dun-it However there is serious crime novel here as well as the humour, which makes the characters all the more believeable. I'll be looking out for more of Stuart Pawson's books.
Ann
Feb 19, 2011 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This author was recommended to me by the owner of Callan's Bookstore in Stratford, Ontario, Canada this past summer. I brought it along for something to read while we enjoyed a month in Gulf Shores, Alabama. The paperback's cover reads, "Perfect for a long winter afternoon with the rain beating down on the windows" (Independent on Sunday). Unfortunately it was in the 70s and sunny although it is February and the surf pounding might substitute for rain. Didn't make a bit of difference. I loved th ...more
Virginia Van
Local financial adviser broker Hartley Goodrich is found dead in his armchair with a gaping gash in his head and beside him a flowerpot. Clearly murder, and when DI Charlie Priest starts to investigate it quickly becomes clear that a lot of people want Hartley dead after his advice had lost his clients a small fortune. But is the case as simple as it seems? Soon Charlie finds himself with a case involving diamonds, drugs and stolen gold bullion.
Carol Peace
Nov 19, 2014 Carol Peace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book it only took me so long as I have been ill.
DI Charlie Priest has to investigate a murder in which the victim has been hit over the head with a flowerpot. Charlie knows this as the flowerpot is next to the body, however all is not as it seems and is it in fact a murder at ll?. A very enjoyable story.
Alistair
Sep 23, 2012 Alistair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pawson does his best not to time date his books. Sadly including 'Filofax' and 'Princess Diana' put it firmly in the 1990's. To be fair that does not really detract from the plot and I am only being picky.
This is my fourth Pawson and won't be my last.
Recommended.
Gillian
Nov 16, 2016 Gillian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had never heard of this author or series before reading this book. I received it from a friend in a swap, and really enjoyed it. It was jokey without being over the top, and was neither too cozy nor too dark. I'll probably look for more by Stuart Pawson after I finish off some of my TBR pile.
Dave
Apr 21, 2013 Dave rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. A bit pedestrian and lots of things happening, which, really had nothing to do with the plot. Probably read another of Stuart Pawsons books, but probably no more after that if written in the same style
Jenny Schwartz
Oct 15, 2010 Jenny Schwartz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Charlie Priest is one of my favourite fictional detectives. Pawson has a strong voice, a neat mystery and a wry touch I appreciate.
David
Dec 04, 2010 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another entertaining read from this author.
John Lee
May 14, 2011 John Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first Stuart Pawson/Charlie Priest novel and I hope that it wont be the last. I soon picked up on the charactors and enjoyed the pace and style of the story.
Anita
Another good read by Stuart Pawson. A bit of humour interspersed throughout, some of the sayings make you stop and think about what he's trying to convey, but well written.
Richard
May 25, 2016 Richard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read built around good characters and descriptions of place.
Susan Heckles
Susan Heckles rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
Michael Mcvey
Michael Mcvey rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2013
Joe Sharrer
Joe Sharrer rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Graham
Graham rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2013
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2013
Releanna
Releanna rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2014
Gary
Gary rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2012
S
S rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2011
Ian Brydon
Ian Brydon rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2014
Akashagarbha Copsey
Akashagarbha Copsey rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Berengaria
Berengaria rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2009
Allan
Allan rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2012
Clive Kingswood
Clive Kingswood rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
Ria Meiring
Ria Meiring rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2016
Suse
Suse rated it it was ok
Jun 01, 2013
Ian Crawford
Ian Crawford rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Stuart Pawson lives in Fairburn, Yorkshire, with his wife, Doreen, and can often be found tramping across the moors that form a backdrop to his stories.

After a career as a mining electrical engineer he worked part-time for the probation service for five years, mediating between offenders and their victims. This gave him a good insight into the criminal justice system, and it was during this perio
More about Stuart Pawson...

Charlie Priest (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Picasso Scam (Charlie Priest, #1)
  • The Mushroom Man
  • The Judas Sheep (Charlie Priest, #3)
  • Deadly Friends (Charlie Priest, #5)
  • Some By Fire (Charlie Priest, #6)
  • Chill Factor (Charlie Priest, #7)
  • Laughing Boy (Charlie Priest, #8)
  • Limestone Cowboy (Charlie Priest, #9)
  • Over The Edge (Charlie Priest, #10)
  • Shooting Elvis (Charlie Priest, #11)