Start by marking “A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)” as Want to Read:
A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)

A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe #5)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  1,285 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
Who says crime doesn't pay?
A year ago, Samantha Jellicoe robbed from the rich and herself! Now, though, she's using her larcenous skills for good as a private security consultant, trying to walk the high road for her sexy billionaire boyfriend, Richard Addison, and asking herself if there's anything more torturous than tracking down priceless artifacts (only to g
Published September 25th 2007 by HarperCollins Publishers

May 12, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than the first, this is the sequel to last year's "Billionaires Prefer Blondes". It was interesting seeing the relationship between Brit, Richard Addison and Yank, Samantha Jellicoe develop and watch Samantha in her new "reformed" job -- looking for stolen Japanese swords for the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. I really like Samantha's "relationship" with Richard's best friend, "Yale" (Tom Donner) and his wife and kids.

Aug 25, 2008 Lindsey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance and mystery lovers (especially Janet Evanovich and Linda Howard fans.)
The fifth in the Jellicoe-Addison series. I didn't think it possible, but I have to admit I prefer Suzanne Enoch's contemporary romances to her historical ones. Samantha and Rick are fantastic! I would highly recommend this book and this series to contemporary romance and mystery lovers (especially Janet Evanovich and Linda Howard fans.)
Beanbag Love
Sep 01, 2009 Beanbag Love rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as with "Don't Look Down" I enjoyed the book enough to give it four stars despite it's lack of substance. It's the kind of light, unchallenging reading I'm after right now, so it fits my needs.

But, I'm having some problems now with the relationship. I skipped two books in between this one and "Don't Look Down" and I feel like they're in the same place they were. And I don't think they should take their relationship any further until they are both certain they can trust each other. And I do
Diane ~Firefly~
It had been awhile since I'd read the last one, but I got sucked right back in. Sam is a fun character, but Aubrey might be my new favorite.

What I enjoyed:
* Aubrey. He is just fun.
* Sam. She's slowly realizing being the good guy can be fun as well.
* The reason Clark was stolen.

What could have been better:
* Rick. He was kind of a jerk. Every other thought in his head was about how he always got everything he wants, so why is Sam making things hard.
* The end was a bit out there.
* My cover is comi
Jul 29, 2010 Usiusiusi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: only the hardest Sam Jellicoe fans
Deutsche Clubausgabe: "Hochzeitsglocken für die Diebin"

Während ich die ersten zwei Bücher der Serie wirklich gemocht habe, wird es langsam wirklich öde. Die Figuren haben immer noch keine Tiefe und Substanz. Bei einem Einteiler ist das völlig in Ordnung aber bei einer Serie sollte schon mehr drinn sein als immer wieder die gleiche Geschichte zu erählen; auch bei Chick-lit.

Glücklicherweise habe ich das Buch bei Tauschticket für 1 Ticket erworben, so dass ich mich im Nachhinein nicht ärgern muss.

Wanderer ♔ Wanderlust ♔
This series spans the first year in Sam and Rick's relationship and reading the books back to back, I felt like their relationship progressed nicely. I liked the changes each had to make in order to truly make their relationship work. I think this book puts a nice little bow on the series but I have small wish to see them have a daughter and Sam teaching her something from her old life. Maybe one day Rick comes home and the daughter picks his pocket LOL
Apr 12, 2011 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this whole series. So sad to see it end.
The last in the series? Say it ain't so! I've really enjoy this series and its perfect blend of mystery and romance. I'm disappointed that the author has turned her attention back to historical romances, because the market is flooded with them, while stories like this one are much farther between. I mean, it's funny, it's cute, it's mysterious, and it's a little bit spicy on occasions. What's not to like?

I'm on the lookout for similar books (romance + mystery) that feature the same couple throu
Jun 09, 2011 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd read other historicals of Suzanne Enoch's before (and enjoyed them), but hadn't read any others in the series before this. (Hadn't realized, going in, that it WAS part of a series.) This one stood alone surprisingly well. The mystery was handily maintained throughout-- with a nice double-twist-- (and an amusing side job) and I *really* liked the way she kept the uncertainty going in a relationship that (five books into a series) you'd think would be settled and happily-ever-aftered by now.

Miranda Polanía Vélez
Man, I loved it. In the sword scene with the scare I cried it was like a shock, I'm really happy I read this series :) 5 stars!
Fun, fun, fun! This series is just delectable romance/mystery with a dash of humor. In this installment, Sam begins a career retrieving stolen artifacts for museums - exactly the opposite of what she did before, with all the excitement and danger but for the good guys this time. She also struggles with her desire to set down roots against Ricks pressure to make a commitment. Sam is still fun and impulsive, Rick is even more yummy this time around (if that is possible) and the relationship is sti ...more
Nfadziela Lee
Feb 20, 2012 Nfadziela Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This last book of Sam n Rick story was totally superb with the progress of the couple toward more happily ever after story. How uncertain Sam about marrying Rick, the mystery of stolen Japanese antic weapons and Clark mystery, it really wrapped up nicely. I love the ending where finally Sam agree marrying Rick. I hope Suzanne Enoch will write story about Aubry, he really a mystery guy and it will be great if somehow he will become a hero. ^__^
I loved how Sam and Rick's relationship progressed through all the five novels. I liked reading about their ups and downs and fights; it felt real. And then this book comes the rings. I was waiting so much to read the proposal and I have to say I am very disappointed. Just half a page of nothing??? I wanted to see a more romantic proposal, I wanted to know why and how Sam decided to marry him. I wanted read about how Tom actually believes Sam. I wanted to read so much! If this was a book's end I ...more
Dec 05, 2012 Jaye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book took me longer than usual just because I already knew how it ended. As always, Sam and Rick were a pleasure, and the assortment of secondary characters was marvelous.

I am depressed that Enoch most likely will not be continuing this series. There was an array of provocative plot threads she could have picked up, from Rick/Sam's wedding to Sam's mother to Aubrey's actions to Interpol. The possibilities feel virtually endless.

Although I think the series ended prematurely, it was definitel
Brenda Margriet
Enjoyed this. Kind of funnier, gentler "In Death" type of book, but where the female character is the thief...still a rich billionaire love hero, though.

Didn't realize, and I read the last of the series first. Samantha is trying to go straight so she 'deserves' Rick's love and life. But she still craves the adrenalin rush of being a cat burglar, so takes on the job of finding a set of Samurai armor that was stolen from a museum.

Was a fun read, sex scenes were hot, and it was quite funny.
Mar 31, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Betty Lou
Sep 29, 2013 Betty Lou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aun estoy en negación de que este sea el ultimo libro, simplemente no quiero créelo.

Mantuvo la frescura que ha tenido en toda la serie, pero en mi opinión fue un final muy abierto, me hubiera gustado saber mas, ya que dejaron algunos cabos sueltos, mas aun con ese final entre Sam y Rick.

Quiero otro libro, la autora deja al aire el matrimonio y otras algo que deseo leer, es sobre Sam y Rick en vida matrimonial, si ya son una locura de novios, no me quiero imaginar a la Jellicoe casada.
Feb 04, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This seems to be the conclusion of the series, and I expected it to be a little more climactic than it was. That said, it was , for the most part an enjoyable read. I became quite tired of the typical arguments between Sam and Rick about her 'job", but those were broken up by some fun action, thievery and it was tolerable. The end seemed a bit hurried, but that's indicative of Ms, Enoch's writing, when she's done, she spares no extra the readers expense.
Sep 04, 2015 Sabine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Im Deutschen fehlt eigentlich der 4. Teil der Reihe, der nicht übersetzt wurde. Mittlerweile haben Sam und Rick ihr Einjähriges und stellen überrascht fest, dass der Sex noch so aufregend ist am ersten Tag. Zum erschienen Vor-Band sind 6 Monate vergangen und Sam langweilt sich zunehmend mit ihrem legalen Job als Besitzerin einer Sicherheitsfirma. Daher freut sie sich, als sie vom Metropolitan Museum aus New York einen Anruf erhält und beauftragt wird, über einen Raub von antiken japanischen Rüst ...more
Very disappointed this is the last Sam Jellicoe book--I've read all five in a very quick time frame, and really enjoyed all of them. Hopefully there will be more!
Lita Bouquard
Samantha and Rick have been together almost a year and while no problems exist in the bedroom, they still struggle with urges . Samantha - to flee when pressured, or to commit a B & E and boredom with her security business.Rick continues to attempt to control Sam out of fear she will hurt herself or get caught. I liked book 5 because it didn't have the tension that the previous books had when Sam was confronted with her past. In A touch of Minx,a museum curator hires Samantha to recover miss ...more
Nov 09, 2014 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I have finished this series… I made it all the way through and I am glad I am done, because well… it was dull and slightly annoying at times and nothing happened.

They fight all the time and then kiss all the time… and then fight some more. And the fights are always about the same thing, so I didn't see any relationship growth there. I can't decide who I liked less by the end… Rick or Sam. Seriously, stealing is wrong, it will always be wrong… so accept that already.

If the author does wri
4 Breaking and Entering Stars

What a lovely series! <3
I didn't find this as engrossing as the previous books but I can't put my finger on why.

Sam and Rick are back in Florida and she has three new legal assignments, a new security system for the wife of a bathroom fittings mogul, an investigation into the theft of antique Japanese armour for the Museum of Modern Art and retrieval of Anatomy Man for Tom Donner's daughter Olivia.

Relationship wise Rick and Sam seem to be stuck in a loop where Rick keeps pushing for more while Sam wants to maintain her
Seeing as this last installment is 8 years old, I don't think I'll be seeing a 6th book. Which really saddens me because like some other readers have mentioned, Sam's adventures could have continued and her relationship with Rick could have developed more.

I feel like Sam and Rick didn't really resolve the deeper issues of their relationship to the point that an engagement at the end was the answer.
Don't get me wrong, I think that they're amazing together, but I think they were really getting th
Dec 20, 2015 Rhode rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Not a bad ending to the series. There were a few surprising plot twists. (What's behind the door at Wild Bill's house is the biggest. Why Walter took off is the smallest - and kind of a let down.) We never do learn if Aubrey is gay or straight, but it doesn't really matter.

There's some fun banter, in particular between the hero and his best male friend.

And that's that. A good enough three, not a four though.
Patti Ashley
Mar 26, 2016 Patti Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Sam and Rick face their hardest fences in this relationship. It seems everyone can sense change in the air and reacts badly. Their relationships with others help Sam and Rick finally define what they have and what they want.
The retrieval job arises again and Sam begins to define her new life on her terms. No spoilers, but this is the book in the series you cannot miss.
Sep 18, 2016 Dija rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this series has stayed an average 3 stars for me from beginning to end - interesting enough that i kept reading on yet dull enough that i've already forgotten 90% of the story. recommended if you're looking for something different and fun, but not much else.
Nancy H
Sep 12, 2016 Nancy H rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series and I can't get enough of Samantha and Richard and their friends and acquaintances. In this one, Samantha has to find some stolen artifacts for a museum, and has to save her own reputation at the same time. Of course there are evil people trying to stop her, and an ultimately evil person who wants to stop her for good. Lots of fun!
  • Pan Wołodyjowski
  • Nutria i Nerwus (Jeżycjada, #10)
  • Wonderment in Death (In Death, #41.5)
  • A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #4)
  • Pride and Modern Prejudice
  • Panna z mokrą głową
  • Daniel and the Angel (Christmas in the City, #1)
  • In Sunshine or in Shadow: Short Stories, Volume 1
  • Family of Lies: Sebastian
  • Afterimage (In The Company of Shadows, #2)
  • Hunted (Vampires in America, #6.5)
  • Trędowata
  • Entwined (The Ten, #1)
  • Splendor
  • Just Patty
Suzanne was born in Southern California sometime in the latter half of the 20th century. In the way that some people are born knowing they want to be astronauts or cellists, Suzanne always knew she wanted to be a writer. Early dreams of becoming a zoologist and writing true stories about her adventures in Africa were crushed, however, after she viewed a television special about the world’s most po ...more
More about Suzanne Enoch...

Samantha Jellicoe (5 books)
  • Flirting With Danger (Samantha Jellicoe, #1)
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • Billionaires Prefer Blondes (Samantha Jellicoe, #3)
  • Twice the Temptation (Samantha Jellicoe, #4)

“He smiled. “Happy anniversary, Samantha Jellicoe. So, Godzilla, or sex?”
Samantha laughed. “How about both?”
“I like that. I get to be Godzilla.”
“I guess that makes me Tokyo.”
“They certainly seem enthusiastic, don’t they?” Rick observed, coming up to lean against the window frame beside her.
“What exactly did you say to them when you signed the contract?”
“Only something about how much value I place on people adhering to the schedule they agree on.”
“You didn’t bare your teeth or anything?”
“Only in a smile.”