Fear No Evil (No Evil Trilogy, #3)

Fear No Evil (Evil #3)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  2,569 ratings  ·  94 reviews
In cyberspace, no one can hear you scream.

Instead of preparing for her high school graduation, Lucy Kincaid is facing a vicious execution. Lured by an online predator, she's destined to die horribly - live on the Internet - while hundreds of heartless viewers watch and vote on the method of her slaughter. Her family's only hope rests with Kate Donovan, an FBI agent who too...more
Published March 27th 2007 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fear No Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fear No Evil

Keri
***This book contains scenes of rape and some torture against women, as well as my review.

This was the 3rd book on the Evil trilogy and it was the best of the series and the entire series was very good.

Lucy Kincade thought she was being careful online when she agreed to meet a fellow male student in person. But when she misses her own graduation, the Kincade family immediately goes into overdrive pulling their family together to locate her.

But the worst as come to pass, she is in the hands of...more
Gina
As the last book of the trilogy, it had more or less an awesome ending.

I did figure out that some of the characters aren't new - they are actually part of the first Trilogy Brennan wrote, which is fine by me, I plan on picking them up just the same. But, even though the ending was nice, it left a lot of unanswered questions as well as leaving a character still down. Makes me wonder what Brennan has up her sleeve.

I felt really bad for Lucy; not only for what happened to her, but the way she was b...more
Bigd_041555
Great and fantastic read - what a sick, twisted, and terrifying serial killer - thank you Allison Brennan for this book!

A good introduction to the rest of the Kincaids, in particular Lucy. This is a book that brings the dangers of the internet to the forefront with the best advice - everything and everyone are not as they seem - don't forget this mantra, it can mean life and death!

It should be stressed to young adults in particular - it can happen to you, no one is invincible or immune!

2 thumbs...more
Silver James
Fear No Evil is the final book in Allison Brennan's No Evil Trilogy and the book that sets the stage for the Lucy Kincaid series. In this book. seventeen-year-old Lucy Kincaid is kidnapped by a serial killer who televises his rapes and murders on the internet--for the price of a subscription. Computer hacker extraordinaire Kate Donovan is a rogue FBI agent on the run since her lover, another agent, and her female partner were both murdered by the man known as Trask. When Lucy is kidnapped and th...more
Destiny
This book could keep you up at night...

Yes, it has that much of an impact. The content is hard to read. The psychopath is deeply disturbing. And, you won't be able to put the book down!

Lucy Kincaid is just about to graduate when she does the unthinkable. She agrees to meet an online friend in person... Every parent's worse nightmare, right? Then, she disappears.

What poor Lucy goes through is unspeakable, unforgiving, and terrifying to think about. Her experiences are broadcast over the Internet....more
Ingo
Started Easter Friday (a National Holiday in Germany, where I live) April, 18th, 2014.
This book starts the back-story of Lucy Kincaid, so it might be a good idea, to read it before all the Lucy Kincaid books.
As I read some books in the wrong order, that is not so important, but for me Lucy Kincaid and the theme of e-crimes or Cybercrimes is one of the most interesting ones in these books.
As with the other 2 from the No Evil-Series this is again very bloody, with a high body-count and like most...more
Ruth Turner
The third book of the trilogy and another good read although I probably won't read any of them again.

Good storyline although, as always, I skipped through the romance.

We get to meet the rest of the Kincaid siblings and I must admit to liking Lucy and being a bit taken with Jack. Maybe there's hope for me yet! :)
Becky
This book had a nicely developed plot and interesting characters, but has FAR too graphic descriptions of EXTREMELY violent scenes. It also had sex scenes. Therefore, I ended up skipping half the book. I do not like explicit violence and feel it is unnecessary and horrifying.
Lea Wait
No doubt the pace was fast and the suspense good ... but the plot centers on the rape and torture of women (for profit - done on line) and I could have done with fewer descriptions of such. It especially angered me when (while we readers are rooting for key characters to be saved) another woman is raped and killed and she's just mentioned in passing. I also felt the romance was unbelievable .. too fast (even under pressure) for people who had their histories .. and had just met. Overall, though,...more
♥ Vonda M. Reid ♥
Overall Rating: 4.95 // Action: 4.5 / Emotion: 4.0 / Romance: 1.5 / Sensuous: 2.0 / Suspense: 5.0 // Laughter: 2 // Tears: 4 / Teary: 1

Allison Brennan: 5.00:
Allison Brennan is a favorite author. She knows how to tell a story that grabs your attention at the first page and keeps it until the last sentence.

Fear No Evil: 4.95:
Another well-written, intriguing, tension-filled, 'can't put this book down' read. Brennan did not waste a minute before drawing one deep into the story and keeping the emotio...more
Maerhys
This book wasn't all bad... it was probably more not my cuppa tea than a bad book, honestly, but hey, I never said my reviews are objective. Technically, this is the love story of Dillion (yes, with the douchnozzle spelling) Kincaid and Kate (a rather perfect name, although close to the author's oldest daughter's name -- not a stalker, I just retain information from ridic interviews) Donovan. Yet mostly it is the story of Lucy's kidnap and rape. Finally all of the events from the Lucy books is f...more
Rhiannon
I could not put this book down! I think this book is best out of the previous two.
I'm supposed to be doing my studies but I could not stop thinking abt the next move in the story, I promised myself I'll only read one more chapter - nope I totally got sucked in unable to stop or get any of my studies done!!! well done Allison! :-) I hope there is a story on Jack Kincaid :-)
now I really have to get my studies done or I will be in trouble if caught reading another book - no regrets its been total...more
Jay Jessmer
Great book....fantastic trilogy. Highly recommend to any fans of the thriller/suspense genre. Good characters, great pacing and plenty of action. This final entry was my favorite of the three..and I REALLY liked the other two.
One thing I really like about these is that there is no lengthy buildup. 5 pages in and BOOM....you're right into the fire. Nothing very deep literary-wise here, just a good old-fashioned thriller with a pretty well conceived plotline. By far the best i've read from Ms. B...more
Pattianne
Fear No Evil - No Evil Trilogy #3 - Dillon & Kate - Instead of preparing for her high school graduation, Lucy Kincaid is facing a vicious execution. Lured by an online predator, she’s destined to die horribly–live on the Internet–while hundreds of heartless viewers watch and vote on the method of her slaughter. Her family’s only hope rests with Kate Donovan, an FBI agent who took on the same sadistic killer once before . . . and lost. Blamed for another girl’s gruesome murder, Kate’s been fi...more
TG
Great book! The author does a great job getting into the mind of the killer. I love the Kincaid family that is featured in some way in all of the books in this series. This book mainly focuses on Dillon. This book had the most exciting ending of the three. Just when you thought everything was over; the horror stars all over again. I will definitely be seeking out more books by this author.
Darcy
I couldn't believe what was happening in this book. First we have Kate working a normal case, then betrayed by people she should believe in, which in turn screws up her life. After living with 5 years of guilt and remorse this evil man surfaces again with another girl. We also learn more about Kate and learn what drives her.

The girl this time around is Lucy Kincaid, of the large Kincaid family we have met in previous books. The way this man baits Kate is bad, but is nothing compared to the horro...more
Kristen
In the last installment of the No Evil trilogy, this story focuses on Dillon Kincaid and Lucy Kincaid, his youngest sister. When she's supposed to be graduating from high school, she's missing. Later, she ended up on tape, when she met someone online, and then gets raped, when there's a deadline to save her before she dies by a brutal death. That's when she meets Kate Donovan, a rogue FBI agent who's after a man named Trask for the past couple of years, hoping to bring him down and his online po...more
Shiela
Lucy Kincaid is lured by an online predator and disappears on her graduation day. The malicious killer is intent on murdering her live on the Internet as the “audience” votes on her method of execution. Kate Donovan, FBI agent-in-hiding, agrees to emerge from her self-imposed imprisonment and face the killer for the second time before its too late for Lucy…

This third installment of the “Evil” trilogy certainly did not disappoint. Action packed from the first page, Brennan once again delivers a s...more
laura m
Jun 21, 2013 laura m rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: american crime fiction fans
a fun read, could have been better. it seemed promising but ended kinda fast, abruptly, very naively and the villain behaved so dissapointingly stupid, like the author was in a hurry.
it's funny how the author wanted to make couples out of all the protagonists of the trilogy and also we had to learn about sex adventures of each of them - the forensic shrink was the one I really wanted to avoid in this context but no avail.
I liked the main female characted, she had a nice history, personality and...more
Joanne
The last in the Evil trilogy by Allison Brennan. Once again the Kincaid family is the center of the story. This time young Lucy is kidnapped by an online predator posing as a Georgetown University student. Evil Trevor/Trask keeps her hostage as a sex slave while making money from those eager to watch her demise online. FBI Agent Kate Donovan has a vendetta against Trask since he killed her partner and lover year ago in an undercover operation that went bad. She's been tracking him online with so...more
Mary
I like Allison Brennan's books and this one was no different. I would have given it 5 stars had it not been for certain scenes involving Lucy. This book is the third in the Evil trilogy and introduces us to Lucy who now has her own series. I will definitely be reading those books and the rest of AB's backlist.

Some reviewers were not impressed with the Dillon/Kate relationship but I found it believable. I liked Dillon but his brother Jack is still my favorite of AB's heroes.

I would recommend thi...more
Kelly Moody
This book was recommended to me by a friend and I really enjoyed it, fast paced and gripping it kept me turning the page well into the night. Great book and will definitely be reading more from this author.
Sherry Isaac

So here's the thing... When the villain is so twisted, his acts so heinous, how do you say a book is good, let alone amazing?

You turn to the craft, the skill of the author who penned the story.

I picked up Allison Brennan's Fear No Evil because I like a good guy stops the bad guy psychological thriller. I will pick up more of Brennan's books because I love her writing.

And kudos to Brennan for bringing rogue FBI agent Kate Donovan and forensic psychiatrist Dillon Kincaid together in a tender roman...more
Char
Roxy
I've enjoyed the Lucy Kincaid series. I'm glad that I have gone back to read the book which covers Lucy's back story.
Kaitlin Tomlinson
This is a great series. The author does an amazing job catching your heart with the romance, but the books are action packed from beginning to end.
Megan
I've been reading pretty much all of Allison Brennan's books since I was pulled in with the Lucy Kincaid series a few months ago. I was so excited to finally reach the one where Lucy's kidnapping is the focus. Her story is referenced in so many of the other books so you know what happened, but finally reading her story and knowing the details (how Patrick was injured, who did the rescuing, how everything played out) adds so much to the other stories. I loved it. And I can't wait for the next boo...more
Kathrynn
Book #3 in this series. It is my personal opinion that they do not need to be read in order. They may contain similar characters, but they are all distinctly different. This one may focus on Dillon Kincaid and mentions his siblings...then they have a book that will mention Dillon and may go to him for advice on a case.

This was an intense thriller. There are some horrific/graphic rape scenes involving young women, the Internet, web cams and the all mighty dollar/greed. I was GLUED to this book fr...more
Kim
It was a good book.
  • Count to Ten (Romantic Suspense, #6)
  • Dead Certain (Dead #2)
  • Cold Hearted
  • Thrill Me to Death (Bullet Catcher, #2)
  • Stop Me (Last Stand Series, #2)
  • One Last Breath (The Borderline #1)
Allison Brennan is the New York Times bestselling and award-winning author of twenty romantic thrillers and many short stories. RT Book Reviews calls Allison “a master of suspense” and her books “haunting,” “mesmerizing,” “pulse-pounding” and “emotionally complex.” Lisa Gardner says, “Brennan knows how to deliver.”

The first book of the Maxine Revere investigative reporter series, NOTORIOUS, is av...more
More about Allison Brennan...
Speak No Evil (No Evil Trilogy, #1) The Prey (Predator Trilogy, #1) See No Evil (No Evil Trilogy, #2) Love Me to Death (Lucy Kincaid #1) Killing Fear (Prison Break Trilogy, #1)