Start by marking “That Yucky Love Thing” as Want to Read:
That Yucky Love Thing

That Yucky Love Thing

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  9 reviews

Sam is just sick of that yucky love thing. Everywhere he looks people are hugging and kissing – it’s disgusting! There’s only one thing for it. Sam hops on his bicycle to get away – as far away as he can. But even in the depths of the jungle and on the floor of the ocean there’s no escape . . .

A funny, touching tale about the universal need for love.

Published August 15th 2008 by Sandy Creek (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about That Yucky Love Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Yucky Love Thing

Jodie
I was looking for a good Valentine's Day story to share with my nephew and I thought this one was just cute. The illustrations are pretty, the story was fun. I really liked it.
Jessica
7:55 am on a Saturday...
My six-year-old niece Bella really wanted to add something to Goodreads so I told her to go get her favorite book and we'd add it to our Read Shelf. She came bounding down the stairs carrying "That Yucky Love Thing".
Me: How many stars do you want to give the book? (I proceeded to tell her what each star represents.)
Bella: All the stars. It's better than amazing. I love it. It love it so, so much!
Me: Yuck, YUCK, double Y-U-C-K!

This book has been a smash hit with our famil
Ashley
I Loved this book, YUCK!! It was cute and the pictures were so interesting!! And even the ending was..yuck...held love..yuck!!!Look for the Robot! A most read for little boys who don't like hugs or kisses!!
Katie Lee
This is an adorable story about a little boy who is tired of seeing everyone loving each other. He thinks that hugs and hand holding are yucky! Eventually, he finds a crush and holds her hand.
Judith
This is one of those cutesy books that probably didn't make it big, but is cute for adults to read and smile while you're waiting in line at the B&N.
Cameron
This is a sweet book aout a boy who is sick of love but ends up falling in love himself. This is a good book for little kids.
Rodrigo
cute book for kids, specially those little ones who don't like holding hands/hugs/kisses =p
Nanee Zogaa
A cute, funny story about love and how we all need love!
Vanda
Jun 22, 2012 Vanda marked it as to-read
Em português "Amor... que nojo!"

A ler ao meu filho.
Maycee
Maycee added it
Aug 15, 2013
Samantha Kish
Samantha Kish marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Marisadjohnson
Marisadjohnson marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
The Cloud Spinner Where There's a Bear, There's Trouble! You Can't Move a Hippo Cloth from the Clouds. Author, Michael Catchpool Sleepy Sam