Start by marking “That Yucky Love Thing” as Want to Read:
That Yucky Love Thing

That Yucky Love Thing

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  30 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews

Sam is just sick of that yucky love thing. Everywhere he looks people are hugging and kissing – it’s disgusting! There’s only one thing for it. Sam hops on his bicycle to get away – as far away as he can. But even in the depths of the jungle and on the floor of the ocean there’s no escape . . .

A funny, touching tale about the universal need for love.

Published August 15th 2008 by Sandy Creek (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about That Yucky Love Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Yucky Love Thing

Hector Gutierrez
This book was OK, the illustrations were really good, but the story did not make much sense. I dislike books that children disrespect their families and in my opinion that what the protagonist Sam does at the beginning to his elders and throughout the book he just complains. I wouldn't read this book to my class.
Karin
Oct 12, 2015 Karin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I got this from my best friend as a wedding present. Since hubby and I often say gag, barf, puke, vomit, etc after being sappy with each other this was pretty appropriate :-)
Jodie
Mar 02, 2014 Jodie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was looking for a good Valentine's Day story to share with my nephew and I thought this one was just cute. The illustrations are pretty, the story was fun. I really liked it.
Jessica
Mar 23, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
7:55 am on a Saturday...
My six-year-old niece Bella really wanted to add something to Goodreads so I told her to go get her favorite book and we'd add it to our Read Shelf. She came bounding down the stairs carrying "That Yucky Love Thing".
Me: How many stars do you want to give the book? (I proceeded to tell her what each star represents.)
Bella: All the stars. It's better than amazing. I love it. It love it so, so much!
Me: Yuck, YUCK, double Y-U-C-K!

This book has been a smash hit with our famil
Ashley
I Loved this book, YUCK!! It was cute and the pictures were so interesting!! And even the ending was..yuck...held love..yuck!!!Look for the Robot! A most read for little boys who don't like hugs or kisses!!
Katie Lee
This is an adorable story about a little boy who is tired of seeing everyone loving each other. He thinks that hugs and hand holding are yucky! Eventually, he finds a crush and holds her hand.
Judith
This is one of those cutesy books that probably didn't make it big, but is cute for adults to read and smile while you're waiting in line at the B&N.
Cameron
May 20, 2010 Cameron rated it liked it
This is a sweet book aout a boy who is sick of love but ends up falling in love himself. This is a good book for little kids.
Rodrigo
cute book for kids, specially those little ones who don't like holding hands/hugs/kisses =p
Nanee Zogaa
Mar 16, 2011 Nanee Zogaa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: feelings
A cute, funny story about love and how we all need love!
Vanda
Aug 20, 2015 Vanda rated it it was amazing
Em português "Amor... que nojo!"

A ler ao meu filho.
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Hope
Hope added it
Feb 12, 2016
Vicki
Vicki added it
Feb 13, 2016
ForemanTeaches
ForemanTeaches marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Bev
Bev rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Sima Mittal
Sima Mittal marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Nicole
Nicole added it
Jun 15, 2015
Nurul Husniyah
Nurul Husniyah rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2015
Chelsea Strobo
Chelsea Strobo rated it liked it
May 13, 2015
X
X added it
May 30, 2015
mt
mt marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Kelsey Willnerd
Kelsey Willnerd rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Meghan
Meghan rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2014
Rasha Sabouny
Rasha Sabouny rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2014