Start by marking “Time and Again, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Time and Again, Vol. 1

Time and Again, Vol. 1 (Time and Again #1)

3.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
"A grudge is a sentiment that is chained down and cannot move. That fixed sentiment becomes sadness, and when that sadness remains chained with no escape...it becomes hostile..." Baek-On and Ho-Yeon are exorcists-for-hire, traveling throughout the country in search of grudges and ghosts. Each encounter reveals a story of tragedy and loss, sentiments they are all too famili ...more
Published December 15th 2009 by Yen Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Time and Again, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time and Again, Vol. 1

Sara
Aug 17, 2015 Sara rated it did not like it
I'm not sure why, but most of the Korean manhwa I read I don't care for. This was no exception. It's typical for the men to look like women but this was way over the top on that one. I had no idea of the gender of most of these people. I had no idea who was saying what. I had no idea what was going on.

I could tell the stories were rather chilling but that's about it.
Megan Sanchez
Jul 10, 2012 Megan Sanchez rated it did not like it
I just really didn't care for this at all. It's not scary enough to be a horror manga, but not funny enough to be a comedy. The back copy says it's about exorcists, but really there are few exorcisms to be had. Mostly we just read some ghost stories where the main character may or may not appear. The art was really nothing to write about, not bad but not stand out either. I will definitely not be picking up future volumes (though the publisher tries to make you by cutting off in the MIDDLE OF A ...more
Dominick Cancilla
Mar 01, 2014 Dominick Cancilla rated it really liked it
This series is a collection of short stories, most of them based on traditional Asian tales. Because of this, some of the stories feel a little odd because they just seem to stop instead of end in a way that makes sense or has some kind of closure. I've run into this before when reading translations of Asian (particularly Chinese) legends and folk tales. I assume that this is a cultural difference, and that as a Western reader I'm not being impacted by the story the same way that a reader from t ...more
Kerry
May 28, 2011 Kerry rated it it was ok
Shelves: manhwa
Meh, pretty art but that was about it. I found it a little confusing and it really didn't flow very well.
David
Aug 19, 2012 David rated it it was amazing
I need to re-read this series... it was amazing. Characters who were complex and yet so real and understandable... a story of two young men and the path they tread in life, dealing with ghosts and spirits... Fantastic! I must re-read it, and do a proper review, book by book. The series is WELL worth it.
Robin Conley
Nov 19, 2013 Robin Conley rated it liked it
I like that this book had a series of different stories but I found it confusing at times. The art was well drawn but many of the characters looked so much alike that I wasn't sure who was who. Overall it was an interest series of stories but I'm not sure I care to read more.
Kate
Feb 19, 2013 Kate rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
More a collection of vignettes held together by a box frame than an actual plot-driven series. Yun plays a little fast and loose with the 'historical' nature, but it's a fun read with lovely--if standard manwha-style--art.
Melissa E.
Oct 31, 2014 Melissa E. rated it liked it
Shelves: manhwa
Lovely, elegant, and surprisingly simple artwork - especially for a Korean manga. The story leaves a bit to be desired, though, the chapters are more like stand alone tales than parts of a cohesive whole.
Dorcas
Mar 20, 2010 Dorcas rated it liked it
Sometimes about the ghost hunters, sometimes it just focuses on the ghost stories. Each chapter is just a bit creepy with a touch of angst.
Carole
Mar 09, 2010 Carole rated it liked it
Rather gothic tales. Funnily enough, reading its Western-style layout was disconcerting!
Katie
Sep 19, 2012 Katie rated it really liked it
Re-read this. Still think it's pretty awesome.
Bradley
Jul 09, 2013 Bradley rated it liked it
Mysterious and creepy. Not too bad for manga. =)
Snow
reviewing for ICv2
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2016
David Luu
David Luu is currently reading it
Feb 03, 2016
Lani
Lani added it
Feb 03, 2016
Sujata
Sujata rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2015
Homunculus
Homunculus rated it did not like it
Nov 10, 2015
Infinite Scythe
Infinite Scythe rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2015
Linn Fagermar
Linn Fagermar rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Caroline Maston
Caroline Maston rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2015
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Ying Huang
Ying Huang rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2015
Vivian To
Vivian To marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Arianna
Arianna rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2015
Rachel S
Rachel S rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Seangrant
Seangrant rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2015