Start by marking “Sleep No More” as Want to Read:
Sleep No More

Sleep No More

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  48 reviews
The night was always Abby Whitman's enemy. As a young girl she walked in her sleep, and one night, she started a fire that scarred her sister for life and left Abby with unbearable guilt . . . and a loneliness that echoes within her. Now Abby has begun blacking out again--with apparently fatal results. A car accident has killed the son of a prominent family. Even though th ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Forever (first published December 16th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sleep No More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleep No More

Mojca
Abby Whitman's nightmare has returned. Her sleepwalking has receded after puberty, but she's at it again. And this time apparently killing innocent people, while before, when she was a child, she only set the house on fire and severely burned her sister...And she's not just sleepwalking anymore, now she's got her sleepdriving license as well.

Since she doesn't remember the accident/murder/whatever, she enlists the help of local psychiatrist, Jason Coble, a man with enough baggage as it is, but st
Lynne Marshall
Susan Crandall has written another solid romantic suspense. I am not one for ultra dark novels, and I can always count on Ms. Crandall to keep me engaged in the book and suspense, but not to take it too far. Abby has an unusual problem, a twist on amnesia, with sleepwalking. Jason is not your usual hero, in that he is a psychiatrist. There is plenty of family dynamics and, for once, a person of the cloth was not made out to be a stereotypical character. The big scene was well worth the wait, ver ...more
Alannah
I won this book from Goodreads Giveaways, it was the first book I've ever won so I was excited to win it and read it.

Winning this book gave me the opportunity to read something that I would never have picked off the shelf. I do not tend to read romances and the cheesy romance cover would be enough to stop me from buying it.

There was nothing specifically wrong with the novel it just was not my type of book and I found myself rolling my eyes most of the time.
C
When I fist started this book i was having trouble focusing on the first chapter...could've been the setup, could have been me (I was also reading another book i couldn't focus on - but to be fair it is translated from another language).

Anyway, once I got passed the first chapter I LOVED THIS Book...took me months to get into it, took me two days to finish (once I tried again) and I had a hard time putting it down.

I am actually pretty relieved too. I happened on this author based on a random re
Wendy Hines
What if you were scared to fall asleep, afraid you might hurt someone? Sleepwalking can have serious consequences.

Abby Whitman used to sleepwalk when she was younger. One night, she started a fire in her sleep that burnt down the house and scarred her younger sister for life. Now, Abby lives alone, running her flower shop and she is scared the sleepwalking has returned. She blacks out and doesn’t remember any events prior to falling asleep.

One time, she woke up in the middle of the night in her
Cym Lowell
In Sleep No More, Susan Crandall has crafted another suspenseful, intriguing romantic suspense epic. Imagine that you are a psychiatrist in a small South Carolina town, just escaped from a marriage to an alcoholic wife with a range of problems beyond your ability to control or cope with. Into your life comes an alluring woman who has innocently stepped into a nest of figurative vipers.

The night was always Abby Whitman's enemy. As a young girl she walked in her sleep, and one night, started a fi
Mandi Schreiner
Abby lives a very quiet, lonely life. She has friends and a great job, but when night comes, terror engulfs her. When she was young, she had problems with sleepwalking, so extreme, that one night she knocked over a gas light as she was sleepwalking and burned her house down, injuring and scarring her sister. After many years with a psychologist, her sleepwalking has subsided, but her guilt has never left her.

Recently, her mom passed away and her father has been showing signs of Alzheimer's, and
Kathryn
I read an advance reading copy of this book.

First of all, I really didn't have any major expectations for this book. I didn't choose it because it seemed fascinating. I chose it because it was there.

While I didn't have any troubles actually reading it, I had a hard time feeling pulled into it until I'd already read over one hundred pages. It had the potential to be interesting before that, but it just wasn't.

However, once I trudged through those first hundred pages, it became significantly more
Donna
This was another ARC win from www.goodreads.com and i liked it. I wasn't crazy about it but it was nice fluff. I didn't really connect with the characters and Abby just drove me nuts. I loved Jason. e reminded me of my husband who never gives up and always worries about everyone that he loves before he even worries about himself but I kept thinking Abby was just plain selfish. She kept pushing him away and I don't believe it for a second. As for the rest of the story I kept thinking I knew what ...more
Louise
This book was received as a 'Book-Give-Away'! Thank you.

This was my first Crandall novel and I wasn’t disappointed.

Abby Whitman was a sleepwalker as a child and during one of her episodes she accidentally set the family home on fire leaving her younger sister Courtney scarred for life. Scars to her face, neck, and arms which were glaringly apparent for everyone to see. The guilt Abby has carried her entire life is extremely overwhelming which causes her to feel she doesn’t ‘deserve’ to have a g
Kelly Moran
Author Susan Crandall lived in Chicago and worked as a dental hygienist before pursuing her writing career. This title, Sleep No More, follows other titles: Pitch Black, Seeing Red, A Kiss in Winter, On Blue Falls Pond, Promises to Keep, Magnolia Sky, The Road Home, and Back Roads. She resides in Indiana with her husband and two children.

As a young girl, Abby Whitman walked in her sleep, and one horrible night long ago, she started a fire that left her sister scarred and the family house in rub
Krista Stevens
Charlotte has a special gift, as an oracle, that can let her not just see the future, but change it. This has led to tragedy in the past, but unable to communicate well with her aunt, who is also her mentor, (that part felt weak to me), she decides to take on the murders happening to her friends by herself. Rather violent. The whole concept of Smith and his role was too outside my willing suspension of disbelief. This was more of a 3- or 2+ for me.
Suspense Magazine
Can you imagine being afraid to fall asleep? What lengths would you go to in protecting others from your sleeping self? Abby Whitman has successfully built a quiet, private life placing as many barriers between herself and others during her sleeping hours. She lives in constant fear of the destruction she knows she is capable of when sleepwalking. When Abby wakes on a dark deserted stretch of road in the middle of the night, she cannot imagine the life altering consequences of her unconscious ac ...more
Kendra
The fear of hurting others while she sleepwalked has haunted Abby her entire life. She has kept others at a distance because she never wanted to inflict the pain she once caused her sister due to her nighttime habits when they were children. Now Abby is all grown up and she fears her sleepwalking habits have inflicted not just pain, but now death.

Susan Crandall has created a suspenseful read with just the right amount of romance to keep things a little on the spicy side. Greenwood Public Librar
Kristen
In Sleep No More, Susan Crandall gives me a shocking twisted romantic suspense that'll send you shivers down your spine. At a young age, Abby was blamed for the fire that scared her baby sister's life when she sleepwalked. Years later, her sleepwalking takes a twisted turn of another kind, when she gets involved in a car accident. From that moment one, she didn't remember everything and becomes an intended target from an unknown enemy. That's when Jason Coble enters her life as a friend, psychol ...more
Gaby
Paulla
I loved this book. As a general rule, I pick up books at yard sales, flea markets, Goodwill, and Salvation Army stores. I found this one at one such place and read reviews that did not care for this slow beginning. I felt the whole book was evenly paced and the story ran along at just the right rate. Highly recommended!
Gennine
This story was your typical hard headed, stubborn women (in the guise of being described as independent and strong) who lacks common sense and has to have logic dealt to her by the leading man. "Yes, it seems someone is out to get me, but I'll be safe here in the back of my storeroom, which happens to be outside of town and completely remote, and sleep by myself. I'll be okay and no I will not go to your place or sleep at my dad's house because I am attracted to you even though that may be the s ...more
Sera
Jul 19, 2013 Sera rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: dbf-13
As part of my goal to read as many of the authors at the DBF this year, I picked up Susan Crandall's "Sleep No More". A fast paced mystery that kept you turning the pages and surprised you with the ending that you thought you knew was coming.

It has a touch of romance, but not at the Nora Robert's level. The mystery is well written, with twist and turns and keeps flowing right through to the end.

This book is a great read for those who love a well written mystery, a keep you guess ending, and th
Daniel
Susan Crandall has moved into the genre of romantic suspense and is a master at weaving scenes full of tension with danger lurking just beyond the shadows.

Her writing lets the reader experience the drama faced by the characters and become aware of the sights, sounds, and feelings surrounding them in a seamless style.

Then, when you least expect it, Crandall jolts the reader with an
abrupt new situation, requiring the reader to work through what's happening along with the character in the scene.
Kristina
Suspenseful is definitely a good word to describe this one! It had me on the edge of my seat for at least half of the book.

I felt so sorry for the main character Abby as everything unfolds, that I wanted to help her out myself.

Susan Crandall did a wonderful job spinning this intriguing, mysterious, and romantic story. (although I would say it was light on the romance) There were so many twists and turns, that it really kept you guessing.

This was a highly enjoyable book for fans of romantic su
Bridget

Abbey has some dark secrets. While sleeping one night when she was young, she started a fire that hurt her little sister. Unfortunately, her problem has resurfaced. When a young man is killed in a car accident, Abby can't help but wonder if she is to blame. She begins seeing a psychiatrist to try and make sense of all of her repressed issues. The results are electrifying!

This is the first book of Susan's I have read and now I need to add her to my favorite authors list! If you like the synopsis,
Pagan
Rating: 3/10
Okay
Caitlyn
Highly recommended.

One of the reasons I enjoy Susan Crandall's stories is that each one is different. With some authors a reader eventuallys feels as though they are reading the same story over and over again. Not so with Susan Crandall. She continues to be on my auto-buy list.

Sleep No More is an intricately woven mystery with a romance expertly overlaid. There were so many facets to this story. Every word, action, scene, and character are important.
Emily
This was a free book from goodreads...first good one in a while I must say. It was entertaining though at times I got annoyed with the characters feeling as though they "don't deserve" one another for some reason or another. The girl who sleep walked was most annoying by thinking she was so dangerous just because she may or may not have started a fire in her sleep. Seriously..that doesn't mean she can't have a family...but overall i did enjoy the book.
Ericka Scott
Phyllis
I was lucky enough to win this book in a Goodreads Giveaway. Sleep No More is a romantic suspense full of action and twists; it has good primary and secondary characters. Abby's sleepwalking and actions from it have left her with feelings of guilt and fear. Psychiatrist Dr. Jason Coble helps her delve into her memories and fear to resolve these issues.
Kathy Scott Beezley
This book was dreadfully boring. The characters were unrelatable, the plot was dull, and the dialogue was uninspired. A very amateurish feel to the writing. To be fair, I believe it is an early work of this author, and, after having read her amazing work, "Whistling Past the Graveyard", I was bound to be disappointed.
Wendi
This was my first Susan Crandall book but certainly won't be my last. I was a little hesitant when I saw the front cover of the book, which made it look like a harlequin romance novel, but was quickly appeased. The story was engrossing, suspenseful and fast-paced.
Reaganstar
This book was amazing, full of suspense twists and turns and keeping you turning pages through the book as the story unfolds. I love the blossoming romance between Abby and Jason and all the emotions that take over with this book.
  • Asmodeus (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Winter Woman
  • Now You See Him...
  • Montana Born and Bred
  • The Devil's Lady (de Laci, #1)
  • My Cherished Enemy
  • The Texan's Reward (Wife Lottery, #4)
  • Parting Gifts
  • Dangerous
  • To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd, #3)
  • The Wizard's Spell
  • The Greek Billionaire's Baby Revenge (Harlequin Presents, #2690)
  • Sanctuary Lost (Red Rock Pass, #2)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • The Marriage Bed
  • Mustang Wild (Wild, #1)
  • The Accidental Countess (Accidental, #2)
  • Blackmailed into Marriage
Unlike so many writers, Susan Crandall did not emerge from the womb with a pen and paper in hand and a fully formed story in her mind. Instead, she was born with an incredible love for books. This must be genetic, because her father and now her son, both hated school, but are somehow addicted to books.

For much of her young life, even those exhausting years when her children were young and Susan
More about Susan Crandall...
Whistling Past the Graveyard The Flying Circus Pitch Black Seeing Red A Kiss in Winter