Start by marking “You and the Pirates” as Want to Read:
You and the Pirates

You and the Pirates

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  3 reviews
An army of cats joins a crew of marooned pirates to save you from explosions and knife attacks and to stop Up from becoming Down.
But before the cats, before the pirates, you are standing outside the metro in rush-hour Tokyo when the building across the street from you explodes. Seconds later, you're yanked off your feet by a salaryman who plans to use you to change the di
Published September 27th 2009 by Workhorsery (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about You and the Pirates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You and the Pirates

Pooker
June 16, 2012

Book arrived in yesterday's mail, dressed in The Workhorsery's handmade bookcover. Autographed too. I am childishly delighted.

Received as a contest prize from John Mutford over at The Book Mine Set. Thanks John!

I finished this book months ago and somehow forgot to put my thoughts down here when I'd finished. So now I can't remember a lot of what happened but I do remember I loved reading this book. It is wonderfully creative with lots of twists in plot, setting, character and even w
Bel
I really, really wanted to like this book. I didn't have a problem with the second-person narrative in the first section, since the author's voice was really engaging. I didn't quite understand what was going on, but I figured it would be cleared up later. The more confused I got, the more I counted on a big pay-off at the end. But it never came. There was no real resolution. This was a book with a lot of potential that was never fully realized.

That said, I would definitely give this author ano
Debra Luczycki
It seemed so promising...pirates, cats & Japan. I really wanted to be transformed momentarily by this book and opened myself up to the possibilities of IT.
Eventually I threw in the towel. It was too chopped up between dialogue, stereotype/descriptive names and alternative reality. I still feel as if this was a "conceptual piece" that I missed out on.
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Nandini Thaker
Nandini Thaker is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2014
Anne Stark
Anne Stark marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
needsmorebooks
needsmorebooks marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2013
Vikki
Vikki marked it as to-read
May 21, 2013
Kdt
Kdt marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2012
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2012
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2012
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
May 27, 2012
Devin
Devin marked it as to-read
May 27, 2012
Machiavellianhobo
Machiavellianhobo marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2011