Start by marking “Doing What Matters Doing What Matters Doing What Matters” as Want to Read:
Doing What Matters Doing What Matters Doing What Matters

Doing What Matters Doing What Matters Doing What Matters

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  6 reviews
When Warren Buffett was asked why the Gillette board of directors chose Jim Kilts to be CEO, he said, "Jim made as much sense in terms of talking about business as anybody I've ever talked to. If you listen to Jim analyze a business situation you get absolutely no baloney. And, frankly, finding someone like that is a rarity."
There is only one CEO in recent times who has f
Published September 4th 2007 by Crown Business (first published 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about Doing What Matters Doing What Matters Doing What Matters

Kt
I couldn't get to the end of this book. He started off by talking about doing what matters, then goes on and on about how much he likes himself. A lot of the stuff he discusses seems like common sense, and I think people get so stuck in a world of what they are "supposed to do" and don't reflect on what's actually happening. Maybe this all needed to be said, but it was not particularly interesting to me. I really don't care for some of the companies he discusses, so it was just starting to bring ...more
John
read it college-style (scan & skim)

"In my view, it's doers who make the world go 'round." - James M. Kilts

*last 3 pages=summary
Lindsay
One of few books I didn't finish. Just not applicable to me. Many books made for business apply to life or to my nonprofit career but this was for CEO's of businesses dealing with the quantities of razors sold etc...I was so happy when a good book on hold came in at the library and I could stop listening to this one on CD.
Katherine Davison
Listened to the audio book, will definitely listen again. A detailed analysis of how a multinational were managed, a lot of gems for managers and business owners.
Stacey Allen
Likely a really great book of pointers for someone taking over a CEO position in a large company. It was interesting to hear about what companies are linked to others.
Jim Anglin
Loved the product strategy tips in this book!
Jamie Fowler
Jamie Fowler is currently reading it
May 05, 2015
Pruegiroux
Pruegiroux marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Weechiau
Weechiau marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Nita Costello
Nita Costello marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Taimur
Taimur marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Wendy Liu
Wendy Liu marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Fabio
Fabio marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Vikram Janardhan
Vikram Janardhan marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
David Clay
David Clay marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Steven Jones
Steven Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Mariana Thomé Foresti
Mariana Thomé Foresti marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Luiz Arthur
Luiz Arthur marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014