Start by marking “Unschooling: A Lifestyle of Learning” as Want to Read:
Unschooling: A Lifestyle of Learning

Unschooling: A Lifestyle of Learning

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  6 reviews
People who feel drawn to the philosophical ideals of unschooling often ask how to unschool. While acknowledging that each family approaches the unschooling lifestyle from a unique standpoint, I offer the details of my family's experiences, along with specific advice for meeting legal requirements without sacrificing your ideals.Let's imagine a life without school! In the a...more
Published September 29th 2010 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about Unschooling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unschooling

Antoinette Perez
She did a great job of sharing specific examples of how to encourage learning through "strewing" and just following your child's lead in authoring his or her own learning. A great first book about unschooling, with a lot of references. I am looking forward to reading from those whose unschooled children went to college, or started businesses, or earned employment, or maybe even went back to middle / high school after unschooling. Just curious for a wider breadth of experiences.
Rachel
Loved it, and it blew my mind several times. So many thought provoking ideas about WHY we do things the way we do, without even considering if there is a current day reason or if it's the best thing for our family's.
Emily
Lots of good info, but I think I would have gotten more out of it if she had older children. The author's oldest is only 8. I think at this stage in my journey I'm more interested in knowing how unschooled kids turned out after this "experiment." I still got quite a bit out of this book though.
GateGypsy
This is a great introduction to the idea and practice of "unschooling" and some very useful advice and resources for a parent considering making it part of their lifestyle & children's lives.
Robin Stansel
quick read, and refers to a multitude of good resources
Gina Denberg
Very informative
Provided many websites and resources.
Lesli
Lesli marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Kaylyn Jimerson
Kaylyn Jimerson marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Katie Miltenberger
Katie Miltenberger marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Susan Yee
Susan Yee marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Christine E.
Christine E. marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Kim
Kim is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Liza
Liza marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Calisa
Calisa marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Jacqueline Storey
Jacqueline Storey marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Memoirs of a Strange Little Girl: A Tale of Loss, Grief, and Abuse The Unschooling Happiness Project Strange Little Girl Unschooling 101: Top 10 Questions About Learning Without School Write a Novel in 30 Days