Start by marking “Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal” as Want to Read:
Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal

Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  9 reviews
If you or someone you love has suffered a traumatic event, you know the devastating impact it can have on your life and your spirit. Life-threatening accidents, illnesses, assaults, abusive relationships—or a tragedy like 9/11—all can leave deep emotional wounds that persist long after physical scars have healed. Survivors become “invisible heroes,” courageously struggling ...more
Published December 18th 2007 by Bantam (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Invisible Heroes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invisible Heroes

Ashlee Tidwell
I have read this book in the past, but it's amazing how much information you look passed, when you're not ready to see it. I started reading this book last night and finished it this afternoon, highlighting what felt like the entire book. This book is an incredible resource for those suffering from PTSD or have a loved one suffering. From the biological components of how the brain is impacted, to the healing possibilities available, each page helps you get one step closer to knowing where your p ...more
I was able to listen to one of her guided imageries on cd and it was a really cool experience. I'd recommend it if you have the chance!
Carol Richardson
Although the book is well written and explains the process and recovery of PTSD it perhaps was not the right time for me to be reading it. I found myself skipping sections that I could see were dreadful experiences from trauma survivors. The guided imagery techniques in the last sections could be useful but I prefer to listen to CD`s, I could not imagine recording myself reading these to play back and listen to.
Stephanie
PTSD a is a difficult monster to deal with. It's excellent that we can hack the brain well enough to survive it. Help and hope are not only there, but healing PTSD in our decade is incredibly achievable. The book explains the what and the how well.
Stefan
Very good. definite insights into various aspects of PTSD and its alleviation. Written by someone who clearly is an outstanding therapist.
Karen Lawrence
Powerful stories, eye-opening research into the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder.
Andrea
Mar 13, 2010 Andrea is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Candice
Candice is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2015
Oscar Carr
Oscar Carr marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Andi  Corbitt
Andi Corbitt marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Carmel
Carmel marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Ronit
Ronit added it
Nov 28, 2014
Laura Knoll
Laura Knoll marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Marzipan992
Marzipan992 marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Crystal
Crystal is currently reading it
Jan 13, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Your Sixth Sense Your Sixth Sense: Activating Your Psychic Potential Staying Well With Guided Imagery Health Journeys: A Meditation to Help You with Healthful Sleep Health Journeys: A Guided Meditation for Healing Trauma (PTSD) (Health Journeys)