Start by marking “Zen and the Art of Murder” as Want to Read:
Zen and the Art of Murder

Zen and the Art of Murder (P.I. Zen Moses #1)

To live and die in L.A.

Zen Moses is either having a bad day or bad karma. Her cat is dead. The IRS wants to talk to her. And she just found her long-lost cousin's body bound to a beer keg at her favorite neighborhood bar. It's enough to drive even a tough private investigator to drink, smoke a good cigar, and find a firm male shoulder to cry on.

But cynical, wise-cracking Z
Published October 15th 1999 by Minotaur Books (first published September 30th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Zen and the Art of Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zen and the Art of Murder

Maddy
Feb 13, 2016 Maddy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
RATING: 3.5
SERIES: #1 of 3
Zen Moses is a PI who is working on 2 cases. One involves the murder of her estranged cousin; the other features a popular talk show host who wants Zen to find her father. The plot is a bit flimsy, but the character of Zen shows a lot of potential. The blurbs make her sound rather flighty, but she is anything but.
Feb 05, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it
I started enjoying this book but as always I am terrible at guessing the ending of mystery books. I appreciated the twists at the end, not my favorite mystery but I enjoyed the change of reading a mystery book, I haven't read one in a long time.
Ellie
Zen and The Art of Murder by Elizabeth M Cosin is one of two books in a series about private investigator, Zenaria Moses, a tough Jewish girl recovering from cancer and a history of bad relationships. When she stumbles across the body of her long-lost-and believed dead-cousin Danny, she discovers that her troubles are just beginning.

If this sounds a bit predictable, it is. If the Zen's character sounds predictable but with the possibility of some interesting twists, it is. I enjoyed this book, a
Linda C
Jul 19, 2016 Linda C rated it liked it
PI Zen Moses, cancer survivor, is just getting back to work, when her cat is killed. The day she gets his ashes she stops off at a friend's bar for a drink with sympathizers. But a problem with the beer taps and a look in the walk in refrigerator finds a body and that body is Zen's cousin who died 12 years earlier. As Zen is trying to find out what happened she is also contacted by a day time TV talk show hostess who wants Zen to locate her father. In the process of working on these cases lots o ...more
Sherrie
Jul 17, 2007 Sherrie rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: hard boiled women.
Shelves: 2006booklist
This book had me at the first page when private investigator, Zen Moses, tells us she is very depressed because it’s the holidays and her cat just died. “It rained the day I said goodbye to my best friend.” Okay, that hooked me. A sad Zen stops in at her neighborhood bar and the story begins. At the bar, her cousin, Daniel Moses, is found dead in the bar's walk-in refrigerator. Zen thought Danny had committed suicide 12 years ago, following an argument with her. While looking into his murder, sh ...more
Pam
Oct 28, 2007 Pam rated it it was amazing
4.5/B+ Zenaria Moses is a young female PI in LA. She was a former sportswriter & after leaving that profession found her niche as a private investigator. She blends 2 stories nicely: finding the body of her cousin in the beer cooler of her local tarern, Father's Office, she is soemwhat stunned. She had thought him dead for the past 10 yrs. Meanwhile, she is hired by an up-&-coming talk show host to find her estranged father. Liked her writing
style & will look for the next one in the
Melissa
Very much like an entry in the Stephanie Plum series, the pace of the book was quick and lively and the character was inquisitive and humorous. Only negatives were passages where Zen, the title character, jumped on a soapbox and dragged the pacing. Not enough clues, yet it was no surprise the mysteries were intertwined.
Katherine
Not as good as the second in the series.
Melissa Smith
Feb 03, 2008 Melissa Smith rated it it was amazing
I read this book several years ago but it still stands out as one of the best mystery books I have ever read. It's a gripping, edge of your seat, unpredictable mystery ride from beginning to end.
Annie
Apr 22, 2012 Annie rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
love the first book in this series
Trish Waters
Trish Waters rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2012
GG
GG rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2016
OMalleycat
OMalleycat rated it it was ok
May 12, 2009
Leigh Mccullough
Leigh Mccullough rated it really liked it
May 10, 2015
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
May 07, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2007
Brian Koppin
Brian Koppin rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2014
Robin
Robin rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
Amelie
Amelie rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2014
Debby
Debby rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2011
Erin
Erin rated it did not like it
May 15, 2009
Jennifer rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2015
Tiffiny
Tiffiny rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Miki
Miki rated it did not like it
May 23, 2009
Jon Winder
Jon Winder rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Nicholas
Nicholas rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2014
Becca
Becca rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2010
Billy Zayac
Billy Zayac rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2009
Tonya
Tonya rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2012
Kay
Kay rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Play Book Tag: Zen and the Art of Murder - Elizabeth M. Cosin - 3 stars 1 6 Aug 28, 2016 06:25AM

P.I. Zen Moses (2 books)