Start by marking “Midnight Flight (Broken Wings, #2)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Flight (Broken Wings, #2)

Midnight Flight (Broken Wings #2)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,673 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
They lived on the wild side. Now these bad girls are paying the price.

At Dr. Foreman's School for Girls, the "students" sleep in barns, work on a farm in the blazing heat, and are subjected to ruthless guards who watch their every move. It's an institution run by the dreadful Dr. Foreman, a woman who delights in administering the worst form of punishment the mysterious Ic

Published October 7th 2003 by Atria Books (first published September 30th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Flight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Flight

Bark's Book Nonsense
Dec 11, 2009 Bark's Book Nonsense rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
I can sum this book up in one word: Yuck!

I will not be reviewing this as I couldn't bring myself to finish it. It is thoroughly unappealing on all levels. Where shall I begin? The child-like writing? The unlikable and unrealistic teens? The forced diaper wearing? The information dumps that defy all logic? Need I continue? No life is too short for books like these.

CMT325
Apr 21, 2008 CMT325 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens who like drama and books that are not well-written
I personally thought the writing of this book was awful. When it came to description, dialogue, etc, it was really pathetic-hard to picture, really cheesy, etc. I usually enjoy the somewhat "trashy" storylines of VC Andrews (her family writes the books now that she is deceased) but feel the actual writing has been better. I guess VC Andrews writes for teens now. It irritates me when books aimed at teens are written at a first-grade level. Don't we want to EXPAND our student's vocabulary?

With tha
Kelly Watson
Jun 02, 2014 Kelly Watson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first review I've written here but had to review this book (series)! It was so good! I just couldn't put it down at times! It seems a little different than the usual VC Andrews style but so so good! Yes parts were very disturbing but the story and meaning behind it all was so good and couldn't have been better! It's very rare that I've cried reading a book, but the last part of this one made me cry! Would love to see them do these two books into movies or mini series!
Lesley
Feb 20, 2016 Lesley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
It has been years since I've read a VC Andrews novel and this one does not disappoint. It is astonishing how she can create characters who are vile and treacherous and yet it is something that you can easily imagine happening if you just stretch your imagination just a little bit. Everything isn't always rosy at the end, however like everything in life, there is always a silver lining on the darkest and greyest of clouds.
Tanya
Apr 26, 2009 Tanya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
had to finish the series:)
Teresap
May 15, 2014 Teresap rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Some spoilers on the review

I've read one serie of books by the real V.C. Andrews when I was a teenager, and I've really liked it. I don't knonw if this series doesn't give justice for the real V.C. Andrews or if at the time I wasn't judged very well the books. I know that I disliked Broken Wings, both one and two. First the books don't seem very well written. Second the storys aren't good. First one seems almost one story recounted free times. It is like playing a dungeon in videogame. First you
Viviene S.
I first read this book when I was in high school. It was one of my aunt's books that she lent me back then. I really loved the book after reading it back then and after reading it for a second time, nothing much has changed in my appreciation of the book. I think I even appreciate it more now after I have undergone a course in General Psychology because I now understand more why Dr. Foreman has been doing what she has been doing do her "students", and the fact that she is a believer in Behaviori ...more
Delicious Strawberry
How could Neiderman ever have published anything like this??? The plot was convoluted, and is something that VCAndrews would NEVER have written.

The whole thing with Posy was never explained (is she real or not???) and why didn't the other two girls (Mandy and Gia) have their own M'Ladies to supervise them? That always struck me as odd. Also, Dr. Forman liked to brag about how well her program worked, and how some of her former students went on to work in law enforcement, yada yada. Yet her M'Lad
Kim Smiley
Mar 28, 2010 Kim Smiley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished this book and I thought it was a well written followup to the first in the series. To me, it's a little unlike the normal V.C. Andrews pattern. Teal, Robin and Pheobe are all taken to the ranch and are from there on under the control and supervision of Dr. Foreman. I say control because this woman, with the help of their 3 designated "buddies" basically tortured these girls, both physically and emotionally. It's a page turner to the point of you find yourself wanting these girls, e ...more
Patti
Mar 25, 2008 Patti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone 16 and older
Not a bad book. It's a sequel to "Broken Wings". The only problem I really had with it is,what ever happened to one of the other "girls" that was at Dr. Forman's school? I wish there was more of a story about her. If there is a story more about what happened to her..please,enlighten me. I'd like to either know about it,or read the book on that one. I mean,did she die? Is she now in some institution? Instead,I felt like I was left hanging as to whatever happened to her. Or did I miss something?
I
Liz
Mar 19, 2013 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some of the characters seem really flat, such as Mindy and the buddies. The buddies were flat other than when they were shouting orders. Gia seemed to serve a greater purpose and was sort of creepy, so I was happy with her character. Teal just annoyed me to no end, with all her whining and crying. Robin and Phoebe seemed fairly simple. Its like the new characters in Neidermans novels are lacking something under the surface, everyone is paper thin and has no depth.
Overall it was sort of a drag t
Anne Marie
Jul 16, 2015 Anne Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book continues the lives of three girls who couldn't stay out of trouble, Teal, Robin, and Phoebe. The girls are sent to the "school" that is supposed to help reform them instead of going to jail. The head of the school, Dr. Foreman, along with three "buddies" make sure rules are obeyed and basically keep the girls' lives miserable. One wrong move and you could be bitten by a snake or scorpion; or sent to the ice house, where virtual reality will make you experience your greatest fears. Tea ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
When I read these novels back in the day I would have given them 3-3.5 STARS and now would say about one Star

I started reading VC Andrews books in the 1991 and stopped about 2003.

I have read:
-Hudson Series
-Shooting Stars Series
-DeBeers Series
-Broken Wings Series

As a preteen reading these novels was a rebellion and the gothic theme also seemed cool. I stopped reading this author because
Heather
Nov 16, 2008 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
The first book is titled: Broken Wings. This is a typical V.C. Andrews book. Three teenage girls are send to a type of correctional agency, a school for girls. Here the girls sleep in bards, work on a farm in blistering heat and verbally tortured by their adult "buddies".

Once I got into the first 50 pages, it was pretty good. Just took awhile to get into the book. You don't have to read the first book to understand the second. They give enough background to understand where the girls came from.
Redfox5
Sep 13, 2011 Redfox5 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, usa
I liked this book better than Broken Wings. I actually think the school is a good idea althought maybe for people with worst crimes than Phoebe, Teal and Robin. If you've not read the first book then chances are you will for more sorry for them as you don't have their crimes explained in full. It was a good read. I liked the setting and the plot. I think the ending was a little bit to sugar coated for my liking. I really wish Andrews would go back to her 5 book sagas. Two books just doesn't quie ...more
Cathi95
Dec 04, 2012 Cathi95 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
(Fiction 2003) It's been a long time since I read a VC Andrews book (and now I see that this was written "in her style" by someone else),but I found this book strangely engaging. I did not read the first of this two-book set, but had little trouble getting the drift of the story. It was a fast read, lots of tension and angst, and was fun for a quick read. I was in the mood for something upbeat - this book barely qualified, but enough to satisfy. Not sure I'm going to look for others, though.
Rossy
Mar 05, 2014 Rossy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure how i feel about this book, it was scary, sometimes disgusting. The whole idea of the school was appealing but when I started reading, I felt sick at times, the way the girls were being treated. Even with all that in mind, I couldn't stop reading, I wanted so bad to know what will happen to Phoebe, Robin and Teal, even though Teal annoyed me so much in this book. Loved the ending, but I don't rate it higher because there are some things that weren't explained.
Ashley Nicole Truitt
Good read

Very good story. I appreciate them sticking with one characters perspective instead of all three. This was not the typical VC story.
Lofisha
This is a lovely book based on the importance of friendship and team work......love it!
Maryellen
Mar 06, 2015 Maryellen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great ending to Broken Wings and the story of the four girls who had a hard time finding their way in life. Turning to ways that lead them to trouble and eventually in a place no one wants to end up. We can find ourselves in the most unpredictable way; it takes time and experience. To learn can sometimes take something horrible happening to us, but in the end it helps us to open our eyes.
Emma Lovett
Mar 26, 2014 Emma Lovett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, mystery
So... this book was bought at the airport before my journey to my holiday destination... again like the book before it... I couldn't put it down, seeing what the girls had to put up with and what they were subjected too whenever they 'misbehaved' was so emotional...

This book picks up almost directly after Broken Wings and well... it was gripping from start to finish.
Oridisi
Nov 05, 2012 Oridisi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a few years ago and I was shocked at how crazy and cruel V.C. Andrews characters can be, someone is either getting raped by a family member, committing incest, falling in love and having sex at around the same age. To me all her stories are the same just different names. But oddly I still read her stories and like them.
Rhea
Apr 09, 2009 Rhea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bored people
This was okay. I think this is where any teenaged girls should go, especially those ones who want to send nude photos of themselves to boys on their cellphones. No self respect. No dignity these days. In all seriousness I liked the book and the first one. A friend lent it to me in 2001 and I read both books in about a week.
Donna
Nov 14, 2011 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Throught the two books in this series and can't help but think how it is so much like the orphan series...but instead of 4 mini books and one novel it was broke down to three books within the first novel, one for each girl. The second novel was all three girls and how they were involved in one anothers life.
Kristen Walther
May 31, 2014 Kristen Walther rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book! I couldn't lay it down! I had to make myself go to bed at 2am (usually go to bed around 11-12) and all I could do was lay in bed thinking about what's going to happen next to these poor girls.. I read this book in about a day and a half.. Absolutely would recommend. LOVED it!
Joanie
Aug 26, 2015 Joanie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Teal, Robin and Phoebe met at Dr. Formans "school". There girls, among others, were sent there because of their wrong doings at home. This reform school was just plain torture to all that attended!
I really like this book and how it was written. Good story line!
Nico
Dec 04, 2014 Nico rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Nicole *`((O_O))`*
.....I have a hard time to believe that I actually did read it when I was young....

I mean...this book is CRUELLY...BIG CRUELLY!!

I don't think preteen need to read this book because it's horride!!!
Nikki Marie
Nov 28, 2014 Nikki Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
v.c. andrews books are all absolutely amazing and very easily distinguishable from any other authors. i love the darkeness, secrets, lies, very addicting, i have almost every single book!
Nicole Mathias
Nov 02, 2014 Nicole Mathias rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
  • Vanquished
  • V.C. Andrews: Her Life and Books
  • Blood Roots
  • The Dragon Done It
  • His Carnal Need (Xylon Warriors, #2)
  • Final Fantasy XIII: Complete Official Guide - Collector's Edition
  • The Arrangement
  • My Deliberate Mistake
  • Sexy Devil (Psychic Hunters #1)
  • Filthy 3 (Filthy, #3)
  • Subversive Beauty
  • The Caledonian Inheritance (The Athena Effect #3)
  • Organize Yourself!
  • A Good Man
  • Tom Dick And Debbie Harry
  • The Crystal Cavern: A Place For Refuge or A Deadly Trap?
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Teens: Simple Ways to Keep Your Cool in Stressful Times
  • Eternally (Guardians #1)
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man
More about V.C. Andrews...

Broken Wings (2 books)
  • Broken Wings (Broken Wings, #1)