Start by marking “Madeline: After the Fall of Usher” as Want to Read:
Madeline: After the Fall of Usher

Madeline: After the Fall of Usher

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Madeline: After the Fall of Usher is Marie Kiraly's brilliant fictional journey through the most infamous house in literature. Years after writing The Fall of the House of Usher, Edgar Allan Poe meets the granddaughter of the real Madeline Usher -- and uncovers a secret as twisted as the cursed House itself.
Published December 1st 1996 by Berkley (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Madeline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Madeline

Jamie Stanley
Ok, so I am still currently reading this book.....but I LOVE IT SO FAR!!!
First of all, one thing that you should know about me, is that I am a HUGE Edgar A. Poe fan. My students would tell you that I am obsessed with him. So, naturally I like to read anything associated with him. My review is obviously going to be biased :)
My favorite story that Poe has written happens to be The Fall of the House of Usher. For those of you who do not know the story....Madeline and Roderick Usher are the last of
Steph
This is pretty twisted, like Poe, and a must read for E.A. Poe fans!
Frank
I thought this book was great - moody, gothic, and insightful. One of the main characters was Poe, himself, and the novel provided a lot of insights into Poe’s tragic life. The atmosphere of the book invoked Poe’s tales – I need to reread “The Fall of the House of Usher” which this book expands upon. When I first started reading the book, it was a little hard to get into but as it continues, you are really drawn into the strange story of the Ushers and their extended family. The Celtic aspects o ...more
Breanne Katherine
This continuation of Edgar Allen Poe's 'Fall of the House of Usher' was surprisingly well written. I wasn't sure what to expect, expecially considering the fact that Mr. Poe has so brillianty penned the original novel, and thus - has set the bar rather high.

It was disturbingly incestual throughout some portions, yet only because a deeply powerful and magical force was at play (as in the original story) - yet this spin delves more-so into actual (possible) history, and even includes Mr. Poe hims
Marcia
Ever wonder what happened to Madeline Usher? This tale by Kiraly weaves the life of Edgar Allan Poe into the life of his characters from The Fall of the House of Usher.
Cindy
Wow - quite a disturbing/disturbed book! (Not that that was a surprise.) Quite a story and quite some characters, but "heroine" rather too inconstant to appeal.
Boyd
I really liked this book, if you admire Poe and liked "The Fall of the House of Usher"; you should find this an interesting read.
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Sarah Terese *Kili!*
Sarah Terese *Kili!* marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Jethro
Jethro marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Sarah Isenberg
Sarah Isenberg marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Sep 17, 2014
Azu1980lopezgmail.com
Azu1980lopezgmail.com marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Ashraf Malik
Ashraf Malik marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Nikola
Nikola marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Keren
Keren marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Chanda
Chanda added it
Sep 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
An alias for the author Elaine Bergstrom.
More about Marie Kiraly...
Mina Leanna: Possession of a Woman