Start by marking “Wachgeküsst” as Want to Read:
Wachgeküsst

Wachgeküsst

Die Journalistin Alex Gray will Max endlich vergessen. Hat sie ihn doch mit einer anderen Frau im Bett erwischt. Alex, inzwischen bei ihren besten Freundinnen Emma und Serena eingezogen, schwankt zwischen Liebeskummer und Racheplänen. Bis die drei Frauen den Spieß umdrehen. Sie schließen eine Wette ab: Wer die meisten Männerherzen bricht, gewinnt ein Essen beim Lieblingsit ...more
Published September 1st 2002 by Random House Foreign Language Publishing (first published February 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Wachgeküsst, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wachgeküsst

RLA
Sep 06, 2012 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book about 12 years ago; I got it free from a magazine and remember loving it. My copy got lost somewhere over the years of university, house moves, marriage, etc… I forgot the title but never forgot this book. I finally found it again thanks to the brilliant Smart Bitches, Trashy Books site and their HaBO (Help a Bitch Out) feature and a wonderful commenter who knew the book I described! (My HaBO. N.B. Spoilers!)

When this finally arrived I was so excited about getting to read it aga
Rosie
Jun 25, 2008 Rosie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This is one, if not my only, favourite chick-lit/romance novel. I love a bit of romance, but chick-lit and "girls on the town" books are not usually my thing. I more often than not prefer a bit of tense backstory with romance thrown in.

Misbehaving starts with travel writer Alex coming back from a trip to find her male-chauvinist-pig of a boyfriend in bed with her disgustingly fit and althetic gym instructor. Suddenly, Alex's life as she knew it has shattered. We then follow Alex through her lif
Kelly
If I could describe this novel in one word it would be ‘garish’. It was written like a parody of a modern romance. A caricature. Some unnecessary elements were exaggerated and over-bright and yet important elements – like, I don't know, the plot - were unfocused and badly paced.

The writing style read like a stand-up comedy gig. Slapstick events upon puns upon pithy comments. Sometimes this worked and was genuinely funny, but for the most part it was tiring. ‘Humour’ for the sake of being a ro
Jen Holloway
Oct 29, 2016 Jen Holloway rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love this book. One of the best feel good chick lits I've ever read. I've also had the privilege of speaking to Ms Harvey and since we have become friends and I've read her other works as well.

I read this book at a time where I needed a distraction. It was funny and witty and very well written and has got a special place on my bookshelf. Sometimes a book can be a turning point and this was mine.

Please find, read and enjoy!

Kathy Chung
It was okay.

The plot have great potential but unfortunately nit much substance. The heroine, Alex Gray, didn't do much to improve the plot.

A bit too prudish and felt she was quite unable to relax. Not a good thing that she and her besties seems to be forever intoxicated.

The story felt to me was flat. Not much chemistry between Jake n Alex.

The part about max wedding could have been very exciting . Unfortunately even with Alex tauting Ax, it was still flat.

Heike
Oct 18, 2015 Heike rated it liked it
Shelves: zu-verkaufen
Als ich es vor 12,5 Jahren gelesen hatte fand ich es glaube ganz schön. Heute aber nicht mehr so wirklich. Die Hauptperson Alex hat einfach ständig zu viel Alkohol getrunken und reagierte auf alles irgendwie ziemlich überdreht und naiv.

Ich hatte wirklich überlegt, das Buch nicht zu Ende zu lesen, hab es dann aber doch gemacht. Nu werde ich es aber aus meinem Regal aussortieren. Bye Bye Wachgeküsst.
Izzybizzy
Feb 28, 2011 Izzybizzy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: german, topic-romance
Susan
May 25, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cool chic lit read for the holiday, there were a few moments when the age of the book became apparent but for most of it it could have been written this year.
There was something nice about the fact that the central character was a bit old fashioned at heart even though she lived in a very contemporary world.
Sahara
May 03, 2015 Sahara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Total chic flick. Loved it. But I wish there was more of a story. The writing style of Sarah Harvey is something I love and try to inspire in to my writing. And good lord. Except for that one mention that the book was written in the 1990s I would totally have thought it was written this year in 2015..
Ellie
May 28, 2015 Ellie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I probably would have really enjoyed this book 20 years ago. Which is probably when I first got it; I randomly pulled it from my bookshelf this week, in need of something lightweight and requiring no thought whatsoever. And that's exactly what I got. Adequate for its genre, but not really my type of story these days.
Caroline
A little bit predictable but I enjoyed it.

Luanne
Jun 18, 2012 Luanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So funny!.. Great read for any chick lit fan!
Fun and easy read, but that's about it.
Rabia RS
Jan 30, 2017 Rabia RS rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was funny. Predictable but interesting.
Isabelle
J'ai beaucoup aimée ce livre pas le plus drôle que j'ai lu, mais vraiment sympa. J'ai rigoler pas mal de fois. On passe un bon moment!
Sharon
Jun 27, 2013 Sharon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Typical chick-lit stuff. Very easy reading but not much substance. Throw-away holiday material.
Jessic0r
Jessic0r rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Sissi
Sissi rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Maricon
Maricon rated it it was ok
Nov 15, 2011
Rhiannon
Rhiannon rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2016
Serenella
Serenella rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2010
Claudia
Claudia rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2012
Butterblume
Butterblume rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2013
Carolin
Carolin rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2012
Ivy
Ivy rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Bububob
Bububob rated it really liked it
May 01, 2015
Jenny Sim
Jenny Sim rated it liked it
May 31, 2013
Sarah rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2015
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sarah Harvey, geboren 1969, lebte viele Jahre in einem alten Herrensitz in Cornwall. Vor Kurzem ist sie wieder zurück in ihre Heimat Northhampton gezogen, wo sie heute gemeinsam mit ihren Hunden in einem Cottage wohnt. Mit ihren atmosphärischen Romanen, die häufig den Schauplatz Cornwall haben, feiert sie seit vielen Jahren große internationale Erfolge.

Pseudonym: Sarah Monk
More about Sarah Harvey...